• Australia SP4 + CRM
    • NZNI + NZSI
    • NRM + PNJ
    • CRM + PNJ
    • Australia SP4 + England
    • NRM + England
    • CRM + England

Hey,

I have a request for the community, could you help me in which immediate orbx product I should get. I have to get 2 (long story), and I already have PNW.

What are at the best top 2 Orbx one must have besides PNW. See Poll or suggest

Thank You,

Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Wow, I wish my wife would tell me that I "have to" buy two products.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Wow, I wish my wife would tell me that I "have to" buy two products.

Lol, quite funny.

Suggestion - create a thread on the forums, and we all will say cool things about you and we all will recommend that you have to get ORBX stuff (show her the forum thread), that way she could happily get convinced. Another cool thing is that Valentine is near, you might be able to get few ORBX products.

cheers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

What I would definitely recommend is waiting a little while. JV has tabled a suggestion that 'Legacy' Orbx pruducts i.e. those produced before January 2012.

Quote JV:

I alluded over a year ago to lowering the prices on all our legacy products, ie those that were released before January 2012. However I want to avoid any bad reactions from our customers which may start another "WW3 incident" like what happened in 2011.

Essentially I want to substantially reduce the prices of older products because they have now achieved "classic" status and it is an interactive entertainment industry practice to reduce the price of games titles about 12 months or so after release.

Before I implement those price drops, I want to give the Orbx community a chance to express their feelings about such a price drop, so that we cannot be accused of not giving notice.

However, we won't be issuing refunds or vouchers for the price difference for those people who may have purchased those classic titles recently.

Please keep the discussion civil or this topic won't have a long shelf life smile.png

Discuss..

Or...If you're over 65 send FSS proof of age and they'll give you 20% off!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1. FTX Australia and then get the freeware OZx package.

2. FTX CRM is nice also for something different

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi ???? Skywolf? Got a real first name ...they seem friendlier to me....

Anyway my question i answer to your question is what do you fly most?

The reason I ask is that if you prefer jetliners Oz and NZ have things going for them.

If you prefer "regional" or faster GA then adding to your PNW choice is good.

If you want a change of scenery that covers all types then NZ N&S have something to offer?

If you're mainly Low n Slow then area is less important than available fields etc.

To help you more a bit more info would help.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hi ???? Skywolf? Got a real first name ...they seem friendlier to me....

Anyway my question i answer to your question is what do you fly most?

The reason I ask is that if you prefer jetliners Oz and NZ have things going for them.

If you prefer "regional" or faster GA then adding to your PNW choice is good.

If you want a change of scenery that covers all types then NZ N&S have something to offer?

If you're mainly Low n Slow then area is less important than available fields etc.

To help you more a bit more info would help.

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

Call me by Nish (Real name is on signature twitter and my blog link :rolleyes: )

What I am looking for is graphically top-notch sceneries, and it needs to last me all the way till summer. At that time, I would end up getting FTX Global.

I do fly GA and Jets. PNW is great, but I have been exclusively flying in that area for a while, and I want to see something else for a change.

I am curious about Australia - as it is the whole continent - that is huge in sq.miles as compared to others. But since it is earlier FTX product does it have the graphical enchancement edge as compared to NRM,CRM,NZNI + SI.

Thanks

Well Oz is the oldest package so I guess this will be one of the discounted items? It does have the advantage if you like tubeliners of having some major airports by ORBX.

There is also a good bit of freeware for Oz. Check out OzX. http://aussiex.org/forum/

For something different from the PNW with a variety of scenery and a recent challenging field (Milford Sound) I'd go for NZ (both Islands) or SI and Milford Sound add-on.

Also take a look at Tongass Fjords X http://silvercloud-s...roduct_id=29812 which will give you an area North of but compatible with FTX Pacific Fjords.

Trouble is there's a lot to choose from and IMHO PNW is still the best yet.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Or...If you're over 65 send FSS proof of age and they'll give you 20% off!

So Ron, how does one go about doing this? I have looked on their web sit and can't figure it out.

Send them your passport or something. Kidding, kidding! Send them a copy of something that proves your age. Personally, I'm not comfortable with that.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

CRM and NRM. I like PFJ a little more than NRM but NRM would connect CRM with PNW. CRM is my favorite. So many little challenging, mountainous, rugged dirt strips to fly into.

Thank You everyone for participating

I am going for NZNI and NZSI for now....

And with new price drop on prices -

My next order will be (Summer 2013)

1) CRM + NRM + PFJ