Sign in to follow this  
josemartinic

Next PMDG plane, Boeing 727 ?

Unfortunately coding those kind of avionics is increasingly difficult and time consuming. But I'd love to have a good bizjet with all of that stuff!
That's exactly what I want. Like one of the larger Cessna's or Lear's. Smaller, faster (?) and capable of landing on shorter and more remote runways. I'm on the same page. I wonder if PMDG monitor any of the forums, other than their own sites. Obviously, they're a seriously professional outfit and I doubt they would be so arrogant as to dictate what the market will receive. Surely, their choices are well researched.

Jon

A 707 anyone?
Yes, I'd settle for that. A PMDG'd 707. Now, that's a thought. I just think the 727 might have been sorta, done but I'd definitely buy it if they produced one. Let's face it. Anything they do is colossal.

Jon

i think that next plane by PMDG [airliner] will be 787.. no matter that QW making one because they making it by different way..
787 is a new plane, and very very used (or it will be over 700 orders) soo  can bet on this.. 

i think that next plane by PMDG [airliner] will be 787.. no matter that QW making one because they making it by different way..

787 is a new plane, and very very used (or it will be over 700 orders) soo  can bet on this.. 

This...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I love all the threads from people in this thread, knowledgeably stating that "no-one wanted a DC-6" and that the flight sim market who would like a DC-6 is very small..........  no basis for these comments whatsoever.     All I read is "I'm not interested in a DC-6, so therefore no-one else must be"..... (open minded huh).

Historical and vintage aircraft are hugely popular within the overall FS hobby; I would guess (at least I'm admitting that I am guessing!) that there are just as many people in the hobby who remember the vintage aircraft, or perhaps don't but are still fans of vintage aviation.....   perhaps they're just not as up front in posting on forums as the fans of the newer jets, like the 777.

Also, as well as people who love aircraft like the DC-6, there will be a section of the community that will buy the DC-6, because it is a PMDG aircraft.... after all, nobody does it better.      The 777 is one of the least appealing airliners to me;   it sends me to sleep as a real life aircraft, but of course I bought the PMDG model, because I knew it would be a beautiful representation and ouze quality.

Since the 727  doesn't have too complex a system..not sure what you are looking for when we have the Captain Sim's 727. 

IMO, Its one amazing aircraft.

PMDG has a  competive advantage over others in their product line...  Why should PMDG go compete with small fishes?

I am really curious to know what one is looking for that is not available in CS 727. Am I missing something?  I don't know why but this kind of requests irrirates me.. Usually I just ignore such posts..but it irritated me enough to respond. Ha HA!

This is like asking PMDG to do a good 172S or a Beech Duke for FSX! 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

How about a PMDG Ultralight?

LOL :)

Manny

I am really curious to know what one is looking for that is not available in CS 727. Am I missing something?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Well... you are! The B727 from CS is bad.

Bad physics, bad aerodynamics, bad systems, dummy systems, etc, etc, etc.

Looks good thou... I'll give you that.

Bad physics, bad aerodynamics, bad systems, dummy systems,

In what way?

One of the main specifics of a 727 is it falling like a rock on full flaps which the CS does very well. Have you have flown a 727 to make statement that it has bad physics and bad aerodumanics?  For me, the physics and aerodumanics are what  I like about the CS727.  The slow spooling of the engline makes sense,. You need power with full flaps to land. I have flown over 20 different types of aircrafts although not airliners... and flying the CS 727 makes a lot of sense to me. I feel the only people who can say anything different I am willing to listen to is  an actual 727 pilot.

As far as the system is concerned that the AP may have some small issues...but I like hand flying the 727 using the good old VOR and NDB navigaton and the basic AP. All those work fine. I found it not lacking in any of the things I use.

The eye candy is spectacular including its dirty AA livery and smokey engine.

I know its  very cool and popular to dump on CS. And those maybe valid when it comes  to how the release their unfinished product and even customer service.. But when it comes to their 727 and even  their 707 and their CS310..they are one hellava aircrafts.. JMO.

Manny

I think somehow the flight dynamics of CS 727 just lack the "alive" feeling that some other addons such as PMDG 737NGX have with their flight dynamics, it just feels a lot like default 737. 

I think somehow the flight dynamics of CS 727 just lack the "alive" feeling that some other addons such as PMDG 737NGX have with their flight dynamics, it just feels a lot like default 737.

Did you install all the mods and patches available for it?. The 727 is one of CS famous abandonment projects and by itself it's really bad. Fortunately the community pulled together on this one and if all 9 patches/mods are installed, it really fly's by real world numbers. The biggest improvement was an over haul of the CG, EPR, FF, N1, N2 and flight dynamics on all flap positions ( Micheal 2 mod). It's the only payware plane I have that requires flaps and trim to get airborne at VR.  FF is needed at around 2500 lbs/engine and trim must be applied just before flair up. A real 727 pilot friend of mine flew this model and couldn't believe how it well mimicked the real plane. unfortuneately the AP will not work properly without Acceleration and even then requires a patch. But with those, it works very well.

Yes, it is fashionable to bash CS. They put themselves in that position. Outside of CS though, this plane really came together. I fly it more than any other. But you have to be willing to do some work to it.

I'll second what BrianG has said here.  Out of the box, the CS 727 has major defects, and it's more than a little irritating that the company that sells this airplane tends to move on to the next project without finishing, or fixing, the last one.  I can understand the bashing on this accord, and the feeling that such business practices shouldn't be rewarded.

However, if you can separate the product from the company and your negative feeling about it, the CS727 has promise, and it's the only 727 available for FSX at this time.  A devoted community did form around this thing (and I admit I was one of them, fixing the pressurization system) and managed to correct almost all of the defects including the flaws in the FDE.   Several experienced real-world 727 pilots in the CS forums have now vouched for the modified versions having a high degree of accuracy.

For me personally, the modified fixed CS727 is simply fun to fly and quite reasonably authentic.  If you really hanker for an FSX 727, and are willing to wait for the next infamous CS one-day fire sale, and are also willing to install many community-developed mods for it, you can have almost all of what you're longing for now without waiting for a probably-mythical "PMDG quality" 727.

It's understandable if this is too steep  a hill to climb for many, and it's a damn shame that a company would put as much development effort into their airplanes as Captain Sim does and then not bother to spend the time and effort on the last 5% to simply finish it.  If they did they would have as positive a reputation as they have a negative one now. 

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.