Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - Release Thread

All fine here. LOVE IT. Excellent... amazing that this is the most basic package too  B)

If you're annoyed at the default VC placement (right seat instead of left seat), here's how to fix it:

1: Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg file in the mjc8q400 folder.

2: Open the aircraft.cfg (right click+ open with notepad)

3: Scroll down to the [CameraDefinition.6] entry.

4: Find  the line called Hotkeyselect=1

5: Comment it out by writing "//" in front so that it looks like this:

//Hotkeyselect=1

6: Save the file.

Hey presto. If you press F9 you'll now be in the left seat by default. All the other views work like before.

I found the reason for the aircraft turning to the left beyond 40KNOTS. My tiller is locked to the left and I can't bring it back to neutral. How do I control the tiller?

Graham,

Do you have you tiller assigned to a joystick, or do you have it linked via your yoke? One of the final checks that myth want to make a habit is to check that the NWS tiller is centered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Crosswind

After a while, it stops sending Attitude indicator numbers.. Pitch and Bank information is not being sent out of the FSX.

So if you havea second PC with the 6 pack on it, your attitude indocator may not work

My FI Gauge Attitude indicator and TC is not working. When I load the aircraft again. It works for a bit and then stops. I checked. FSX is not sending the Pitch and Bank numbers out with this aircraft

Any ideas?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm loving this, already have 3 sectors under my belt and halfway through my 4th, ^_^  B)  but does anyone have an accurate fuel planner? I know the manual says X many KG per hour, but if anyone knows of one that takes into account cruise altitudes / temps and winds that'd be great. FSBuild only has data for the DCH8-3 and I've no real world source for the data...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Well I wonder how many of those that previously said, they will wait for the PRO edition and is NOT going to get the Pilot edition, is actually still sticking to their words..

:LMAO: :LMAO: 

Zeljko used master card all went smooth as silk on justflight download even had points discount - fast download also instant activation info - fps are amazing on this birdie 

Rich Sennett

Graham, Do you have you tiller assigned to a joystick, or do you have it linked via your yoke? One of the final checks that myth want to make a habit is to check that the NWS tiller is centered. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

and maybe a bug~~~the lights can't be turn on in the plane~

Not happy with JF just now. Bought this aircraft and tried to install. Got an "No order found" error when attempting to install. Out a good bit of money until they get this sorted out.  Ok, got to change my opinion of JF. Have to assume that it was some type of order verification delay. Waited two hours and reattempted an install. Installed without any difficulty. Happy camper now.  Off to see if I can get this bird in the air.

Well I wonder how many of those that previously said, they will wait for the PRO edition and is NOT going to get the Pilot edition, is actually still sticking to their words..

Since at least two of the sellers have stated the upgrade cost will simply be the price difference, seems little reason TO wait.

I've not decided yet, but will hold off at least until the mad rush settles and their support forum returns.

Scott

Just got it from JF... downloaded in 15 mins... installed in 2 mins...

10 mins to figure out how to start the engines :blush:

First flight successful..

Great airplane!   Nice visuals, good fps, looks very complete and "professional".

I'm getting the 126 page manual printed so I can read up on how to program the FMS and

properly fly this airplane...

Bert

Anyone found a turnaround for the annoying 'spot' camera issue?

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

First flight/ pattern work complete.

Sound = Best out there.

FDE = Out of this world smooth and nice.

FPS = How is the world is this plane pegging out at 30FPS in Orbx land!!!!

Visuals = Step up from current best. This is a new benchmark on addons.

Config Manager = Little confusing but will have to play with it more. I only have a Saitek x52 so I am limited.

Throttle = Anyone know how to get full throttle without blowing engines on takeoff!?! Lol. Took me 3 tries.

Price = 100% worth every penny.

Sent from my Apple communications device.