Sign in to follow this  
Chase

The Real Summer1

@@LeeL

I know who you're talking about. She had accumulated like 3000 posts in a week in the PMDG forum. Can't remember the name either. A good thing though, shows we don't miss them. LOL

@@LeeL

I know who you're talking about. She had accumulated like 3000 posts in a week in the PMDG forum. Can't remember the name either. A good thing though, shows we don't miss them. LOL

Lol yes.

And there were people screaming for her to become a member of Avsim staff.

And there were people screaming for her to become a member of Avsim staff.

You are right about that....

The internet tends to bring the worst out in people..  attracts all types... hate to be the poor guy chatting "her" up on match.com  :wub:  :angry:

Remember that other member who was impersonating a girl? I forget that alias though.

That was Helen_P who was banned back in Feb: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/399978-helen-p/

Which of course ended up being a guy as well. I still remember another member claiming to be a woman who popped up when the PMDG 737NGX came out and used the handle "NGX" and signed her posts Di Agron and used a photo in her avatar of some famous actress. She had a similar grammatical style like that of Helen_P and like Helen_P racked up around 1700 posts in a 3 month time span. To this day I am still wondering if Helen_P and NGX are the same guy.

Kind of reminds me of a user over on the FSDT forum who keeps changing their user name from a female name with a female avatar photo to a males name with a Microsoft Windows logo and puts Microsoft Support in their user signature, the same way the user who's one alias here that got banned did.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A huge thankyou to Tom, Chase and avsim staff for making and keeping avsim THE premier flight simulation site.  :Applause:

He is a Chiropractor ? Woww!!

Well I;m a lumberjack, and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day, I dress up in woman's clothing, and hang around in bars, I get up every morning and have buttered scones for tea, I'm a lumberjack.......... :dance:

I gotta stop changing my user name, don't want anyone to think I am a lumberjack.

Good to see Avsim catching these scoundrels.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What do they get out of pretending to be someone else?....whats it all about!?

On the other hand, whats the big deal about someone pretending to be a female? ( why such drama?)

it makes me wonder why in the first place these folks come here under the alias of a female in the first place?

For my, the reason is this - the AVSIM community is mainly male-dominated. Every time a woman is active here, she gets a lot of attention, which is what the troll (or more polite a wolf in a sheep's clothes) needs. I have seen this behavior in many different environments, and it works also when a 'pretend-to-be-alfa-super-male' unit enters a female dominated field. Obviously and fortunately, this is not as evident as in a 'men's world'. Topic wide as an KEDW runway... Let's leave it.

I'm glad the authorities here constantly keep a humanity-level discussions on almost every topic.

Someone pretended to be a female on a racing forum a couple of years ago, and.....whilst the situation was completely different to this (the person responsible was doing it as a sort of "test", and never caused any trouble whatsoever), it still left me feeling disappointed. Despite the fact that I never get to see the people I am "conversing" with on forums, it does matter to me that they are who they say they are, and that they are honest. I suppose that is incredibly naive, but....being a totally honest person myself.....I find it very sad that (a small minority of) others consider behaviour of this kind to be acceptable.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The title of this thread reminded me of that Eminem song :lol:

'Cause I'm Summer1, yes I'm really a woman
All you other females are just imitating
So won't the real Summer1 please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?

it does matter to me that they are who they say they are, and that they are honest

That's true but we have to be realistic on anonymous forms like these and use our judgement. For example, there are some here who state they are pilots but who show by their posts that they are not. 

That's true but we have to be realistic on anonymous forms like these and use our judgement. For example, there are some here who state they are pilots but who show by their posts that they are not.

Speaking as a low time pilot, you learn that you know very little when you first get your license.  I think they train you well enough to, hopefully, not kill yourself.  My instructor didn't even teach me how to use an autopilot and I had to guess what it was.  Hmmm...HDG, ALT...I wonder (and it was broke...sigh).  I also sometimes find that RW pilots have an entirely different focus than simmers...driven by dealing with RW failures and, perhaps, by commercial needs more than the desire to learn systems.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Speaking as a low time pilot,...

I don't disagree with your comment, but still insist there are those pretending to be pilots of all types who give themselves away by showing  their lack of knowledge of even the basics.