Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manny

Something wrong with my 737NGX

My 737 does not go faster than 196kts

Not sure what the issue is.. I have had this problem for a while now. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

My MCP is set for 250kts and the a/T is on.. my throttle setting is to all the way. but it simply refuses to go faster than 196kts. The fuel is 52%

8708611002_b6d69b132e_k.jpg

What's your Cost Index set to?

Did you try the tutorial flight again?

What's your Cost Index set to?

Did you try the tutorial flight again?

I didn't set any cost index. :)

I just loaded the default state. Then set the fuel to 2/3rd and the the wt/load to around 55% or so ...set the MCP and went flying from KPHX to KLAS in the the general direction.

LOL :)

Did you retract gear and flaps?

Iain Smith

yes.. you can see that in the screenshot 

Another thing I can see in the screenshot is a negitave angle of attack for level flight. Something odd there.

(see below LEK767's post is probably what the problem is!)

From the PMDG knowledge base:

Aircraft does not want to climb or flies with negative AOA

A condition can occur where the FSUIPC4.ini becomes corrupted that will cause the PMDG 737NGX to climb as though it is lacking power or fly with a Negative AOA or attitude indicated on the PFD.  To correct the issue, simply delete the FSUIPC4.ini file from the FSX\Modules folder while FSX is shut down and allow it to regenerate and the problem should be corrected.  If you continue to have trouble after that, please contact us via the Support Portal for further assistance.

Article ID: 103, Created On: 12/9/2012, Modified: 1/17/2013

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed.  You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight.  As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

I solved this by completely uninstalling fsuipc and reinstalling it. The deletion of the ini wasn't enough.

Also, uninstalled the new q400. Not sure if this did anything but I heard it was causing issues with other aircraft.

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed. You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight. As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

This made me smile.

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed. You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight. As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

What..?

What..?

He wants to say that, somehow, wheel brakes affect speed of aircraft in air. Well, if we ignore the fact that no brakes are applied, (autobrake system is just armed), and the fact that aircraft is in air, with no contact between ground and wheels, anything is possible.  :P

No, no, no!

You're all missing the obvious question: how does he do an autoland with the Pass Ox light on?!?

From the PMDG knowledge base:

Thank you. I just uninstalled the FSUIPC completely. The only thing I have configured so many hardware that I would have to redo. right?

:)

I am still having this issue... My 737NGX has become a hangar queen cause I cannot fly it faster than 160kts. I tried removing FSUIPC.ini and regenerate but thats not doing it

I really want to make sure I get this fixed before the 777 arrives. I would hate myself if I install the 777 and I have these kinds of issues. :)

You may also want to check your speed settings inside the FMC?   I notice that your are flying in VNAV mode so the FMC is following some sort of vertical profile.   Did you set anything up for the flight?

EDIT:  Sorry, see you have speed option set, ignore please!

Kind regards

Portal had solutio

Portal? who is that? :)

And yeah I have raised a support ticket with PMDG

Are you using external weather programs?
Some will cause abnormally high upper altitude Temperatures which will decrease the aircraft's performance.

+13C at FL410 is by no means a normal temperature.

You may read the Manuals, or fly the tutorials to become aquainted with the NGX's operations.

No. I generally use the FSX weather themes or one of the Orbx weather themes.

Some will cause abnormally high upper altitude Temperatures which will decrease the aircraft's performance.

+13C at FL410 is by no means a normal temperature.

You may read the Manuals, or fly the tutorials to become aquainted with the NGX's operations.

You are correct - however he is at 4100ft not FL410

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed.  You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight.  As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

My faith in humanity has just been destroyed by being sucked up into a jet engine.

I figured out the offending entry in my FSUIPC.

the problem is here

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=No
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60
Throttle1=-16384,-16384,-16193,16383
Throttle2=-16384,-16384,-10532,16383
Reverser=-16380,16380
Flaps=0,16380
Mixture1=-16384,-16384,-141,16383
Mixture2=-16384,-16384,2734,16383
PropPitch1=0,0,512,16380
PropPitch2=-16384,-16194,512,16383
Aileron=-16380,0,512,16380
Elevator=-16380,0,512,16380
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what this does Flaps=0,16380

It looks like it was setting internally some flap values where the aircraft think it has some flaps and so it does not go beyond certain speed. Is there some parameter like that.. I am sure there in the 737 ..Even the though the flap visual does not show there is flaps.

I used bracketing to removed entries  I deleted half the entries in FSUIPC and then figured out which half was giving me grief then put the offending half in and then divided that up further into two sets and eliminated the one half and kept doing this until I found the culprit.

I need to test some more..but I am glad I got this sucker out.