Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Full Forest X images

Hi Stephen, no difference as in the product  did not add anything? Thanks for testing. 

Hey Dan,

Good to see you! Come fly with us on the BCPC if you have your rig running! No, it added nothing to ORBX whatsoever.

Kind regards,

Keep in mind I have no landclass outside of USA - here is VOMM enjoy

alrvbm.jpg

Thanks a ton Richard, appreciate it. It does enhance the scenery, surely. Thik I will go for it.

Cheers and thanks once again,

Dinshaw.

Thanks for those screenshots Stephen, very helpful.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I bought Full Forest X and had to fiddle with my UTX settings in order to get a dense luch forest look.

But as soon as I activate UTX, 80% of the trees are gone, replaced by spread out pines here and there.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I prefer to keep UTX landclass, but I can't seem to combine it with Forest X :(
any suggestions (I did read the documentation regarding installation orders)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

If you are a GEX - UTX user you need to read the manual, I did not read myself but not seeing any issues 

Stephen ask developer but you are not seeing any difference probably because it did not change FTX files how do you like it outside of FTX areas

Rich Sennett

This thread might be of interest to those wondering "how" this product might work - particularly with what its "alleged" that they do with landclass to get more forests/trees!!

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=45955&title=closed-full-forest-x-and-gex

Regards

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed the topic and have a few words to say ....

Sad!! I just saw an unsuccessful attempt to overthrow a product FSX

Sad!! I see a producer that considers its customers  only as purchasers and not  provide support for the problems that can occur with their products or others.

I will be clear here that the Beetle Print do always the possible and impossible to solve all the problems of our friends. Both our and third-party addons.

all users of simulators are  our friends and so we give full support.

Gibaba

I have now thoroughly tested Full Forest Trees with ORBX and without a doubt there is absolutely no difference. The textures remain ORBX so there is not a leaf on a tree, or a pine cone's difference.

The top screenshots are FTX default only

The lower exact screenshot are with Full Forest X

For whatever reason, every tree is exactly the same. They are all ORBX trees.

Since I fly in ORBX scenarios and regions only, this was a complete waste of money. I think I will try to get it back since they did not publicize that it was incompatible with ORBX until after I bought it. That is only fair I think.

Kind regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Spiritflyer, I think you are not being fair to this product. His images show only vegetation Orbx. You even said that flies only in regions Orbx, then you will see only trees Orbx, obviously!!!

FFX has a greater purpose than just leave the deepest forests. It eliminates the TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL process,  making the simulation more fluid.

If you fly Orbx, then tera trees Orbx. If you fly out of that area ORBX, then the simulator will have trees with improved density and will run more smooth.

I do not think it was a waste of money. Someday you will fly outside a ORBX region.

Regards

Gibaba

I noticed that there's a Full Forest X directory under Addon Scenery with a cache sub directory containing a bunch of .agn files. Are those the files that FFX is using to display their trees? I'm wondering because the files seem to be the same size and date as the original files in the Scenery/World Texture folder. Also the tree textures that are located in the Scenery/Global directory are unchanged so I'm wondering what files did FFX modify?

Gibaba,

Reference my above post, what files does FFX change and does it modify any UTX or GEX files?

Also, if I uninstall FFX does it put everything back the way it was or would I have to reinstall UTX & GEX?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Hi Spiritflyer, I think you are not being fair to this product. His images show only vegetation Orbx. You even said that flies only in regions Orbx, then you will see only trees Orbx, obviously!!!

FFX has a greater purpose than just leave the deepest forests. It eliminates the TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL process, making the simulation more fluid.

If you fly Orbx, then tera trees Orbx. If you fly out of that area ORBX, then the simulator will have trees with improved density and will run more smooth.

I do not think it was a waste of money. Someday you will fly outside a ORBX region.

I won't argue with you but how or where I have, do or will fly. I do not, and have not flown outside of ORBX and Tongass Fjords areas for 5 years, and don't expect to do otherwise anytime soon. I did not judge or rate your product in total, but only when using it in the ORBX and Tongass Fjords scenery areas. There was no observed or recorded difference in trees, volume, or enhancement in performance.

As there is no personal experience to draw from, I am neutral on whether your product outside of the areas flown is worth buying or not. I have not reviewed your product, but bought it personally before you corrected the compatibility statements. That is my fault, as I was insufficiently beware(d), and it proves true that a fool and his money is easily separated, a theory I have proved a time or two before now. B)

Kind regards,

PS: I sincerely wish you a good product launch and that your other customers will understand and enjoy the enhancements, benefits and service it offers and they deserve.

I won't argue with you but how or where I have, do or will fly. I do not, and have not flown outside of ORBX and Tongass Fjords areas for 5 years, and don't expect to do otherwise anytime soon. I did not judge or rate your product in total, but only when using it in the ORBX and Tongass Fjords scenery areas. There was no observed or recorded difference in trees, volume, or enhancement in performance.

As there is no personal experience to draw from, I am neutral on whether your product outside of the areas flown is worth buying or not. I have not reviewed your product, but bought it personally before you corrected the compatibility statements. That is my fault, as I was insufficiently beware(d), and it proves true that a fool and his money is easily separated, a theory I have proved a time or two before now. B)

Kind regards,

PS: I sincerely wish you a good product launch and that your other customers will understand and enjoy the enhancements, benefits and service it offers and they deserve.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, thank you for explanations

Gibaba

Since the moment I saw this product I was concerned about what it was doing and the impact it would have due to the architecture of FSX and regions, landclass etc.

I remain concerned and will stay away from this product, just my view.  I have tons of trees and my landclass is very good, I do not want trees overriding areas where there are obviously less or no trees.

And like Spirit Flyer I have most Orbx regions and their work is superior to anything else out there so if it ain't broke I don't want to fix it.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Since the moment I saw this product I was concerned about what it was doing and the impact it would have due to the architecture of FSX and regions, landclass etc.

I remain concerned and will stay away from this product, just my view.  I have tons of trees and my landclass is very good, I do not want trees overriding areas where there are obviously less or no trees.

And like Spirit Flyer I have most Orbx regions and their work is superior to anything else out there so if it ain't broke I don't want to fix it.

I agree Bryan, very much my own thoughts. All my GA flying is done within Orbx areas and when flying the tubes outside of Orbx scenery then tree density is really not somehting I'm particularly concerned about.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776