Sign in to follow this  
SVA1181

AirdailyX billboard expecting the PMDG 777 to be released in May!

I was hesitant to say this, but seeing the public reaction... 
It's been so long now, at least a small update of what you're working on for the final release would be smashing. Something like "we're still perfecting the 772 LR and ER" or "we decided to add the 773 in the base package as well and we're working on that too" to give us an idea of what we're still waiting on at least. I realize you're not obliged to do anything/say anything, but I feel completely left in the dark now with no idea what's actually being worked on.

It's been so long now, at least a small update of what you're working on for the final release would be smashing. Something like "we're still perfecting the 772 LR and ER" or "we decided to add the 773 in the base package as well and we're working on that too" to give us an idea of what we're still waiting on at least. I realize you're not obliged to do anything/say anything, but I feel completely left in the dark now with no idea what's actually being worked on.

The the last update was earlier this month and it was also a major one at that.

Really? Then I have to apologize for typing without checking thoroughly enough for updates. Sorry.

EDIT: Actually, no. My point still stands. Yes, the update showed us a lot of very, very promising things. And yes, they did tell us about the fact that it's not up to their standards yet. But I'm asking WHAT isn't up to their standards yet. I'm asking what they still need to work on. And no, there's no stupid answer to that in my book. If they'd say "the simulation of the hydraulic fluid to the flaperons isn't up to our standards yet in 0,5% of the cases", I'd be thrilled to hear about it. I'm just wondering what is keeping them busy these final moments. Because it's obvious we're nearly done (and that by the standards of lesser developers, we would be done), but there's still a few things here and there that's missing. All I'd like to hear is what they've decided on  for now with regards to the first release (will the 772 ER be part of it, for example) and what the expansion packs will be and/or what's keeping them busy or still needs perfecting nowadays.

If that's a harsh and "entitled" request, I'll apologize to PMDG for making it, but it's merely an expression of my sentiment towards the matter. 

Ray

Edited by Sunaru

I'm expecting September.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Really? Then I have to apologize for typing without checking thoroughly enough for updates. Sorry.

Check the general forum all updates get posted in there.

Even if PMDG obeyed your order - there would still be no release date ... Instead a new round of discussing, guessing and speculating would start.

(Back to flying my planes in FSX now ...)

See, that's what I feared, it's not an "order", which is what I tried to stress in both that reply to this thread and the reply following it. I can't be held responsible for the reaction it would draw from the community (and nor can PMDG), but for those of us blessed with the gift of patience, it'd be nice to just know what's going on and then keep waiting.  :rolleyes:

Here's a solution, fly your NGX or some other favorite plane and only check on the forums once a week or so. Time will fly by much quicker than checking every hour or day and before you know it release will be upon you. For me the development seems to be going by rather quickly but that also is the case for the year itself, can't believe its June already. 

Yeah, well, back to FalconBMS for me for a spell.

spacer.png

I'm expecting September.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I hope its before then so the 777 can keep me busy until GTA V comes out. Though it'd be nice to take off, fly to cruise alt, hit the AP, pop the disk in the ps3 play V for 14 hours then get ready to land in Dubai. haha I'm gonna fail outta college because of these new toys.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Really people? 
Are some of you really thinking they are entitled to updates and answers?
Try calling a car manufatorer saying:
Yeah hi..
Listen, i am going to buy your new xxxxxx.
I know you guys are working on it, so i demand updates..
How far along are you? Give me pictures or some sort of release window.

You owe your buyer's !!

Good luck with the answer..!!

Really people?

Are some of you really thinking they are entitled to updates and answers?

Try calling a car manufatorer saying:

Yeah hi..

Listen, i am going to buy your new xxxxxx.

I know you guys are working on it, so i demand updates..

How far along are you? Give me pictures or some sort of release window.

You owe your buyer's !!

Good luck with the answer..!!

The difference is:

- The car manufacturer will release the new model as scheduled, no matter whether development issues have been solved or not. (Maybe you've driven that kind of cars yourselves already, lol!)

- PMDG will release the 777 only when Robert's 95%/99%-rule is complied with...

Well, I gave up (again) on waiting and bought the Majestic Dash-8. So now I have the Coolsky MD-80, the PMDG 737NGX and the Dash-8 to give me lots of work. I guess I'll forget all about the 777 until I see the announcement on FB!

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The difference is:

- The car manufacturer will release the new model as scheduled, no matter whether development issues have been solved or not. (Maybe you've driven that kind of cars yourselves already, lol!)

- PMDG will release the 777 only when Robert's 95%/99%-rule is complied with...

As a matter of fact...

Yes.. :(

I mainly drive italian cars..

So that's like driving Captain Sim cars :P

A well.. at least the show passion.

Btw, sometimes car models are delayed due to unexpected problems or design flaws.

It's not happening big scale. but it happens.

Also, by the time a car is unveiled to the world with a release date, it is totally ready, all that is left is start the production and shipping.

So, it's a little different on that one.