Sign in to follow this  
slait

SibWings Release Their An-2

you can help yourself with the difficult steering and modify the aircraft.cfg file

With the beta... there is a modified .air & acft.cfg file (v2.2) 

Improves ground handling.

There are different recomendations on how to fly the plane and some are based on actual use, which often takes more care of an old engine and flying empty for demonstration flights. I suggest to use the settings that I laid out in the flying guide which you can download here:

Yes... saw the guide.  Very nicely done.

I see one can be a bit more aggressive with the power settings.

Thanks for that!

Drove over to a friends hangar at lunch to grab these shots for you guys as I knew this monster was in town..

Having never seen an AN2 in real life, Up close I was not prepared for the size of this beast. I knew it was big.. but not this big!

It's roughly the size of a DC-3 but light as a feather. I was told if the engine quit that you could hold the stick back and it would land at parachute landing speed.

Had my friend who stands 6'3" pose next to it for scale.

Nice pics!

Also pretty cool with the red stickers, which show an english description/translation. Would be a nice feature to switch between to panels, one original and one with these stickers...

Thanks for these!

Nico

I was in a hurry but I'll try to gets some better / clearer photos.

This is a nice plane. As usual I didn't bother to read the manual. Took off and had an engine fire. That impressed me.

So I've taken time to work out how to fly it.

For the money this is one of the best FSX deals I've seen.

Peter

Would love some help.

Why do my switches not work? Also I cannot adjust the flaps. I use EZDOK and switches work in some views but not others. I use a CH Yoke with buttons programmed but neither these, the mouse or the keyboard will operate.

Would love some help.

Why do my switches not work? Also I cannot adjust the flaps. I use EZDOK and switches work in some views but not others. I use a CH Yoke with buttons programmed but neither these, the mouse or the keyboard will operate.

The reason your switches aren't working is actually an ezdok issue.  Your view is set too far away.  Don't zoom, but move your position forward a tiny amount at a time until the switches operate;-)

And the flaps aren't working BECAUSE the switch isnt down ;-)

Big thank you but no joy. When I press the flaps button it moves the "Flaps Up" button up and down but the lever doesn't move. It also moves the small button on the side of the throttle handle, but not the flaps!

Just reload the aircraft with whatever key/button you've set to 'Aircraft reload'

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Big thank you but no joy. When I press the flaps button it moves the "Flaps Up" button up and down but the lever doesn't move. It also moves the small button on the side of the throttle handle, but not the flaps!

make sure that the flap power switch is also activated up the top of the panel as well

ZORAN

Make sure all your circuit switches are turned on. Sounds like they are off. You can move the flap switch when they are off, but the flaps won't move. No power to them.

Yeah, but I notice a severe FPS hit in exterior view, when I increase the throttle and all that smoke appears. It's really extreme on my computer, so I had to disable it. :(

It looks extremely cool, though.

Anyone here thinks their An-2 is a heavy smoker?

I've already entered mine in a Smoking Cessation Clinic... it came home with "the patch"... just worried about weight gain now but we're on the right path.