Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

First US Airport from Aerosoft Released

It's Anchorage (Ted Stevens). Probably not a surprise as they accidently released images of it on the promotional page of another recently released scenery.

I will be interested to hear how it compares with Frede's great freeware rendition of the airport. The pics don't give away much and there is no real aerial shot so it is hard to get an impression of what it looks like from the air.

I would like to see them start using Marginal's ground traffic plugin and bringing some life to the airport. Otherwise they look too empty.

At 1.6GB, this is the biggest Aerosoft download I've seen for X-plane so let's hope it's jam packed with eye-candy!

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12416&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Looks awesome! Now i need a Saab 340 to fly in there.

*Stares at Cameron.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Lol I didn't know Cameron was Goran's keeper ... anyways it nice to see an Aerosoft scenery for the US be released.

Is there Snow in Xplane? I never venture from the East Coast to check.

not released yet

Link is for preorder of box version but DL version is available 

Is there Snow in Xplane? I never venture from the East Coast to check.

Some sceneries can include snow by default, but snow deposition as a result of weather conditions or Seasons isn't yet implemented. Since I am in the mood to support Austin and LR I'd say that it was Austin option not to include snow because it is very heavy and would turn the volume of the DVDs very uncomfortable to ship around the World... 

Back to serious mode: Some 3pd will most certainly offer a solution sooner or later. We do have snow and it's effects on rw performance (braking efficiency, etc...) simulated in X-Plane10, and, from a practical and operational PoV that's in fact all that is required, the rest being graphics/scenery sugar... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Some sceneries can include snow by default, but snow deposition as a result of weather conditions or Seasons isn't yet implemented. Since I am in the mood to support Austin and LR I'd say that it was Austin option not to include snow because it is very heavy and would turn the volume of the DVDs very uncomfortable to ship around the World... 

Back to serious mode: Some 3pd will most certainly offer a solution sooner or later. We do have snow and it's effects on rw performance (braking efficiency, etc...) simulated in X-Plane10, and, from a practical and operational PoV that's in fact all that is required, the rest being graphics/scenery sugar... 

With X-Plane limitations, ANC ain't look pretty in the wintertime....

I am finding many freeware airports that are good enough so I am not really interested in airports. What I would wish Aerosoft would do is it's Cities series for xplane and help it out where it is hugely needy.

I am finding many freeware airports that are good enough so I am not really interested in airports. What I would wish Aerosoft would do is it's Cities series for xplane and help it out where it is hugely needy.

+1!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What I would wish Aerosoft would do is it's Cities series for xplane and help it out where it is hugely needy.

+2

Regards;

Fritz

What I would wish Aerosoft would do is it's Cities series for xplane and help it out where it is hugely needy.

+3 :lol:

Lol I didn't know Cameron was Goran's keeper ... anyways it nice to see an Aerosoft scenery for the US be released.

*Stars at Goran too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

+4

Aerosoft, are you getting the message?:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Definitely looking awesome.. I have put this release on the "buy" list.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?