Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Q400 version 1.007

I don't know why it is so hard for some people to understand that the FDE is OUTSIDE of FSX, You will probably never get the landing rates right with this plane.  

Simple solution is for VA's to ignore landing data for this plane.  BTW on that topic why is it the goal of every VA to glorify super low VS landings.  It's not at all realistic to land at - .00000000000001 FPM  That would be dangerous in  real life but in a VA you get a medal for it. 

Maybe Majestic should put a sticky saying that this plane may not work well with VA ACARS, ground service software or any sort of flight rating system but it will do one thing well.  Simulate a Q400 FDE as best as possible

Lots of FSX users have no idea about the internals of FSX or any other software for that

matter, so I am not surprised at all. Using external loadable drivers is nothing new BTW,

PMDG has done this for some time as well, just take a look at the dll.conf file to get an

idea how many you may already be using.

I personally could care less about greased landings, the G-Force problem I was talking about

is not a landing thing, it shows up immediately when the plane is loaded in the world, I

suspect its about uninitialized variables somewhere. Fan boys may get all impressed with

talk of external FDE's, but I'm a software developer and part of the job of 'enhancing' an

existing product is not to break the legacy functionality, that's quality, I can guarantee

you that's something a company like PMDG would worry about (since everyone always uses that

as the standard of praise anyway :) ) ...

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

I believe there's actually value in a firm, though reasonable, landing, as it gives the pilot more control more quickly over what the plane is doing on the runway, especially if there are variables like windspeed, crosswind, runway conditions, weight shifting, etc. to deal with.

Last thing you want is a floaty landing halfway down the runway with any ensuing surprises.

Perhaps DVA should also work on integrating the Q400 into their software instead of relying solely on the developer to do it?  I too don't like to see all the red on my PIREP's, but it won't stop me from flying this beauty.

If there's an SDK, I'm happy to use it. We use custom SDKs for those developers who provide one, like Level-D and PMDG. Is there one for the Q400?

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

there is no  sdk  for the q400 that iam aware off

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If there's an SDK, I'm happy to use it. We use custom SDKs for those developers who provide one, like Level-D and PMDG. Is there one for the Q400?

Not yet.  But I believe it's coming.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Lots of FSX users have no idea about the internals of FSX or any other software for that
matter, so I am not surprised at all. Using external loadable drivers is nothing new BTW,
PMDG has done this for some time as well, just take a look at the dll.conf file to get an
idea how many you may already be using.

PMDG does not do it for FDE, not in the way Majestic does.

Two things factor into this:
1) You can just about cram a jet  FDE into being good enough. Not for a turboprop.
2) Majestic go a fair way beyond good enough.