Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GodAtum

Q400 version 1.007

An update :D

SYSTEMS
+ Database access framework is migrated to a newer platform
+ FDE System: Fixed incorrect Heading on reposition
+ Sound will not mute during the video (or instant) playback
+ Interfaced the speed bug values to be used scripts (see the updated .xls
file, EFIS system)
+ Added Windows 7 sound compatibility setting (mjc84.ini SOUND section) to
address the reported Windows 7 sound problems

FMS
+ Numerous approach selection fixes (approach types will be identified
correctly)
+ Fixed the airways selection
+ Fixed the approach points sequencing logic
+ Approach mode HSI sensitivity is up 50%
+ SIDs will be filtered correctly, based on the runway (ex. LFPG with too
many listed SIDs)
+ NAV page will be updated upon the SID selection, or FP deletion
+ Fixed the Track to Fix logic when the previous wpt is of a dynamic type
+ LNAV and VNAV approach activation method is updated
+ Runway MAP point will lead to the landing zone, not the rwy threshold
+ VNAV logic is adjusted for smoother approach following
+ Procedural Turn leg will allow for an intermediate waypoint between the
turn zone and the turn reference navaid (some approaches have errors of
this kind (CYQM 06ILS). Only done when flying the approach. Terminal
PTurns will be flown normally
+ Fixed the holds with the time entry
+ Entering the hold at non-hold wpt will create a prior wpt prior to the
hold, to fly to before entering the hold
+ VTO Page: Fixed the waypoints listing for selection
+ VNAV disconnect due to momentarily incorrect VNAV distance upon VNAV
approach engagement fixed
+ Included the new Nav Data database. Important: the Navigraph Nav
database included in the 1.006 contained missing navaids. Please use the
included in the 1.007 database, or re-download your navadata from
Navigraph to obtain the latest

GAUGES:
+ ISI: During initialization the A/C field will indicate the dll version
(ex. 1.007)

EFIS:
+ From point will be displayed on the ND
+ Procedural Turn and HOLD leg bearing/distance indication fixed

DOCS:
+ Sample Flight Tutorial is updated to use a correct STAR procedure

APPS:
+ Installer now allows selection of 2 Virtual Cockpit versions (wing
view/no wing view)

Do we have to redownload the whole package? Or is there just an updater available?

lee

I downloaded the whole package from Simmarket and installed it over the old one.

Do we have to redownload the whole package? Or is there just an updater available?

lee

From my SimMarket mail i got today.....

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

mjc8-400-Pilot-1_007-inst.exe

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions, existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

I downloaded the new version 1.007 3 hours ago and made 3 short flights tonight (RNAV, VORDME and ILS). The routes were completed without dropping the IAF and VNAV brought me down nicely following the altitude restrictions. (PAWG-PAJN) (PASI-PAJN) (PAJN-PAYA). So for very good, in fact excellent!

Bob

All this time and the thing STILL shows up with a G-Force violation in the ACARS for my VA, before its even left the ground... sigh. Until this is fixed I just don't want to fly it, I had high hopes for this new version too...

Have all vendors updated to the patch? I still can't see it on Just Flight?

All this time and the thing STILL shows up with a G-Force violation in the ACARS for my VA, before its even left the ground... sigh. Until this is fixed I just don't want to fly it, I had high hopes for this new version too...

no problems  using  my va  flying  with  http://viaintercity.com/index.php

Have all vendors updated to the patch? I still can't see it on Just Flight?

They've just e-mailed me informing it's now available from their site:

"To download the new installer please go to www.justflight.com and click on My Account at the top right of the page. Once you have logged in, go to the Purchase Details page to view your existing orders. The update can be installed over the existing installation of the Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 Pilot Edition."

You have to consider that this amazing custom simulation is not built to fit within the constraints of your VA's ACARS system.  Majestic have made it perfectly clear that this simulation is using a lot of activity and processing completely outside of the FSX environment and constarints.              Your VAs ACARS system will be wanting plain old standard outout values from FS, of which this simulation goes way beyond.    Perhaps your VA needs to look at how it interfaces with more complex products, rather than your expectation that Majestic have to fit around you, and your VA.   Bear in mind that the Majestic is sold to a small audience, of which people who use your VA and it's ACARS are a further exponentially tiny percentage.

Just my 0.02c/p

Perhaps DVA should also work on integrating the Q400 into their software instead of relying solely on the developer to do it?  I too don't like to see all the red on my PIREP's, but it won't stop me from flying this beauty.

You have to consider that this amazing custom simulation is not built to fit within the constraints of your VA's ACARS system.  Majestic have made it perfectly clear that this simulation is using a lot of activity and processing completely outside of the FSX environment and constarints.              Your VAs ACARS system will be wanting plain old standard outout values from FS, of which this simulation goes way beyond.    Perhaps your VA needs to look at how it interfaces with more complex products, rather than your expectation that Majestic have to fit around you, and your VA.   Bear in mind that the Majestic is sold to a small audience, of which people who use your VA and it's ACARS are a further exponentially tiny percentage.

Just my 0.02c/p

After 1.006 the Q is working with my VA's ACARS (www.phoenixva.org). The only issue I have been getting is a positive landing rate (2 out of 20 flights thus far). We have an auto save feature in our ACARS, so if I get a positive landing rate I just go back to the save point (every 5 minutes) and land again. Ideal, no. But its not a deal breaker considering all the fantastic features of this aircraft. 

Looking forward to trying 1.007 when I get home from work today. 

Perhaps DVA should also work on integrating the Q400 into their software instead of relying solely on the developer to do it?  I too don't like to see all the red on my PIREP's, but it won't stop me from flying this beauty.

So, there has been a standard in interfacing FS stuff over the net for a decade, but this one

vendor comes along and violates it, and now people want to just change the standard... EVERY

other aircraft out there works guys, PMDG works, Aerosoft, and yes, even Captain Sim, the vendor

everyone loves to hate, works...

Has FSpilot store updated to new version yet? How do I know what version is installed? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know if 1.007 works with air hauler? I heard that previous versions had issues and didn't see it listed in the change log. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but wondered if any other air haulers out there could comment?

Thx

Alex Malek

So, there has been a standard in interfacing FS stuff over the net for a decade, but this one

vendor comes along and violates it, and now people want to just change the standard... EVERY

other aircraft out there works guys, PMDG works, Aerosoft, and yes, even Captain Sim, the vendor

everyone loves to hate, works...

Jack,

As it has been said before and I will say it again.......this is something that we will look into for one of our future service packs, but it is not a priority at the moment.  Last time I checked I did not realize that system functionality with all Virtual Airline utilities constituted a violation if some parameters did not correctly register.  My apologies if most of the development team do not partake in Virtual Airlines due to our real world commitments and ensuring that the product is released as advertised.  While we appreciate the fact that many Virtual airlines have an interest in the aircraft, we are primarily bound to ensuring that the aircraft systems (those that actually come with the aircraft) perform correctly.  After these items are addressed then we can look at other items that will enhance the oevrall enjoyment of the product.

Best Regards

I understand how it happened, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE the aircraft, I'm

only complaining because people responded to me as though its DVA's responsibility

to workaround the issue, and I don't think that's fair.

I'm no marketing person, but I would hazard a guess that far more people will buy

your product that use it in some manner that uses FSUIPC than those who just want

a standalone training simulation.

I'm your customer, I'm just voicing my priorities and desires for using the product,

fair enough?

Best regards,

Does anyone know if 1.007 works with air hauler? I heard that previous versions had issues and didn't see it listed in the change log. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but wondered if any other air haulers out there could comment?

Thx

Alex Malek

No improvements over the previous version for AirHauler. Your only option to get engine start to be recognized is to do a <CTL><E> on startup once you set the props to max (Ctl-E will force them to max, which is a challenge during flight!). You will need to repeat the CTL-E just before landing to have that register as it seems to stop sending whatever data AirHauler needs during the flight. Registering the vertical speed on landing works fine since the last update. Great plane - but AirHauler users will share many of the same deficiencies as some VA ACARS. It's workable though. 

Okay thanks mugc, will give it a try with what you suggested.

Alex Malek

Few things I see

On my system it now starts with the gear handle in up posistion.. Minor thing, like the next stuff, but would like to see it corrected

Could you give the loader some love?

It would be nice if settings were saved in between updates, and that you could random the load or save the load for each flight.