Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

24JUN13 - PMDG 777 Virtual Cockpit Preview!

This might be awfully specific, but will the ACARS Accept/Reject/Cancel buttons on the glareshield work? I suspect that you can push them without any functions, since there's really no ACARS in the FS world.

In a dream world the plane could have inconsequential messages randomly pop up, like a gate change message or a crew message. Or you could use the ATC request page to send a request that doesn't have to send the message anywhere particularly. Or the sim can just randomly approve or reject the requests :)

I really wished PMDG had the time to develop a completely fake CPDLC system ha. I would have loved to seen that - maybe a 3rd party developer will one day look into it?

Could be mistaken, but I think you can use the cancel button to clear EICAS messages. I could be wrong though - since I've never had the chance to personally do it  :P

Attention, attention ! Rob just made post no 380. That clearly indicates PMDG's next project. (sorry, just had to take this opportunity) :D

I would gladly turn down the worldliner for a proper A380 aka "king of the skies".

This might be awfully specific, but will the ACARS Accept/Reject/Cancel buttons on the glareshield work? I suspect that you can push them without any functions, since there's really no ACARS in the FS world.

In a dream world the plane could have inconsequential messages randomly pop up, like a gate change message or a crew message. Or you could use the ATC request page to send a request that doesn't have to send the message anywhere particularly. Or the sim can just randomly approve or reject the requests :)

Hopefully with the SDK someone can turn that into a pilot client for VATSIM and if flying oceanic I would use text instead of voice to simulate CPDLC, but yea it would be nice to get random messages such as gate changes.

Hey guys,

Over the last few weeks I have been preparing my 777 gates (using a similar 777 for ref) ready for action, making sure they are all in line or need to be made bigger or just tiding them up,

http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk

Its very easy to use, (I sound like a salesman.... except this is FREE), Iv made sure AL traffic also wont park in my 777 gates..... there my gates.... not Als....Get ready!

Will this have 2d panels?

No, never again I'm afraid, only pop up displays. 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Ah thats a shame. hopefully it will run well on my machine.

If the 737NGX does then the 777 should also!

Rob has already confirmed it. No 2d panels.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

so i guess we got a Canuck on the team wha?

Yeah that's me eh?, on the west coast of Canada.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Rob has already confirmed it. No 2d panels.

I didnt said anything about 2d panels, I said that it will handle the 777 when it can handle the 737NGX.

Dear PMDG:  please ignore cries for 2d panels...they are a thing of the past.

spacer.png