Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

MegaScenery V.2 New Install Manager

Of course, now that they are about 40 states into the series, ha! :lol:   Better late than never.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Yeah, it's certainly a welcome addition.  I have one state I haven't even installed yet, simply because I'd gotten a bit burned out on the tedium of the whole process.  It's not too bad if you use the default folder but, as I expect many do, I keep my photo scenery on a separate drive.

Thanks to the MSE guys for stepping up with a solution.

Scott

Yeah, it's certainly a welcome addition.  I have one state I haven't even installed yet, simply because I'd gotten a bit burned out on the tedium of the whole process.  It's not too bad if you use the default folder but, as I expect many do, I keep my photo scenery on a separate drive.

Thanks to the MSE guys for stepping up with a solution.

Scott

I hear you buddy.  I have several that I haven't installed yet also.  

Can these sceneries be run from an external drive?  I hadn't thought of that before.

That would keep them completely off of the computer harddrive.

Can these sceneries be run from an external drive? I hadn't thought of that before.

Sure, though I'd be concerned about performance depending on the drive and connection type. In my case on my aging system I have three internal drives, the third one specifically added when my photo scenery collection started to grow. The two "data" drives are both WD Caviar Black edition SATA drives.

Scott

The pain for me as I realized when I just installed Illionis on Sunday was that it creates as many entries in the 'Uninstall or Change Program' dialog as there are individual files.  So 17 for Illinois..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I use WD drive got 1tb and realized was not engough space and bought 2tb. Got all states except Northeast region. Made WD backup for photoscenery so I don't to spends months reuploading

Like several above, I've got my sceneries on a separate (3rd) hard drive-- Wd 2Tb Black.  I'm going off topic I know, but can I also store my downloads there??  My external drive is full and I'm wondering...

A one click state wide installer sure is a long overdue improvement. 

Like several above, I've got my sceneries on a separate (3rd) hard drive-- Wd 2Tb Black. I'm going off topic I know, but can I also store my downloads there?? My external drive is full and I'm wondering...

A one click state wide installer sure is a long overdue improvement.

Sure is, just could not get it working for the state of Montana still got 20 files to download out of 60 of them.

but can I also store my downloads there??

Of course.  The downloads are in zipped format and will not affect your installations in a separate folder.  I have all of my 35 States backed up on a 2TB MyBook USB device.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

35 States!  Wonder how long that would take if you boot all those up together! :lol:

Howz Montana by the way?  

Have to say with the entire state of Nevada being offered for the first time,  I am really enjoying flying around the West and Southwest. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Just to add, for all:  I too have all of my Megascenery on a WD My Book external, 2TB hard drive.  Use of the external (separate) drive actually boosts the frames in fsx - Just in case someone wasn't aware.  I bought mine solely for this purpose.  It works fine.

Ken

35 States!  Wonder how long that would take if you boot all those up together! :lol:

Howz Montana by the way?  

Have to say with the entire state of Nevada being offered for the first time,  I am really enjoying flying around the West and Southwest. 

Remember, that is one of the biggest things that was causing OOMs for me.  I had all of my MSEv.2 turned on in the library at once.  When Ryan from PMDG, shut them off, I gained 1GB of VAS within FSX.

Ryan said that FSX will work on processing photoscenery, even if you are not over the area.  That is why it pulls down your VAS.

Just to add, for all:  I too have all of my Megascenery on a WD My Book external, 2TB hard drive.  Use of the external (separate) drive actually boosts the frames in fsx - Just in case someone wasn't aware.  I bought mine solely for this purpose.  It works fine.

Ken

I purchased a 2TB "My Passport" external harddrive and haven't used it yet.  Maybe I will try it for MSEv.2 scenery.

Why is it that on their download map, onlt California is showing as a map?  I asume it's NOT done in v2?

Ta!