Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

FTX Global Released!

Heres a newbie question because I haven't read through all 10 pages of the thread --- does...

OpenLC (soon to be released by FTX) = UTX? 

Compatible? Will they work together or do they do the same thing?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I think they will compliment one another. UTX is more than just a LC product.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Heres a newbie question because I haven't read through all 10 pages of the thread --- does...

OpenLC (soon to be released by FTX) = UTX?

Compatible? Will they work together or do they do the same thing?

You'd disable all of of UTX's landclass layers and let OpenLC do that but UTX is still needed for proper roads, coastlines, rivers, water class, etc.

They work together.

After reading this dx10 stuff and how great it is etc etc.. I finally tried it this weekend. Worked great until I found my self at aerosoft munich airport at night, and omdb. Oh boy I turnd that DX10 preview off faster then I turned it on. Maybe I am doing something wrong but.. If airport works great during the day but dissapears at night its a no go for me. So how is it that dx10 is where fsx is at today?

Yea, their (Aerosoft) EHAM isn't working either in DX10 at night, this is a problem at some airports. I believe the upcoming DX10 fixer will deal with that.

I've tried DX10 a few times but DX9 runs better or just as good with less problems. Take note that the new fixes don't make things run better: DX10 works just as 'good' in that regard as it did in 2007. The fixes only FIXES things like shimmering runways and having no progressive taxi. I never got a noticable performance gain from DX10 and still didn't the last time I tried it (with fixes and all) so I will stick with DX9 for sure.

I've lost my Back restore for GEX.... does anyone know if I can install FTX Global over the top of GEX without any issues?

Thanks,

LW

Bought it today, and spent 2 hours roaming around the world. FTXG is amazing! Holy cow, I don't have a need for photo sceneries anymore, FTXG is photo realistic enough to me. Mostly flying in Europe so I don't care about some misplaced textures (Grand Canyon). I have UTX + SceneryTech combination for this, and after this roaming I must say that FTXG is the best thing happened to FSX. And above all, I run it with autogen slider maxed, didn't notice fps hit, maybe 2-3fps. Night lighting is a eye opener. Waiting for DX10 fix.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I keep repeating...

I WILL NOT buy another addon

I WILL NOT buy another addon

I WILL NOT buy another addon ..... working so far.

Good luck with ORbx global, guys.

I don't have a need for photo sceneries anymore

What photoreal do you have? Do you have any you want to sell? :)

I'm finally seeing some better videos on youtube that are starting to convince me to buying this - maybe. Though, now it will have to wait til next month as I already spent my FS budget for this month on something else now.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I have a couple of questions about this before I buy it. First, is there a manual somewhere I can download and check that out?

Second, I realize that this is not a landclass addon, but are scenery glitches like the Thames in London (rocky mess) and other scenery errors fixed with this? If not, is there something that fixes those glitches?

Lastly, does FTX Global update city limits? For example, many cities have grown outward since FSX was released, does FTX extend "city" textures further out than default FSX to reflect this?

Thanks a lot to anyone who answers these questions!

Hi there, we have posted a lo-res version of the manual on our forums: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61846-ftx-global-user-guide-pdf/

If you mean the rocky lines across the Thames, yes they are fixed.

FTX Global is mainly textures only, so it does not update the landclass around city to reflect modern urban boundaries. That can be fixed by UTX in EU, USA or wait for our openLC series later in the year.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

Hi there, we have posted a lo-res version of the manual on our forums: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61846-ftx-global-user-guide-pdf/

If you mean the rocky lines across the Thames, yes they are fixed.

FTX Global is mainly textures only, so it does not update the landclass around city to reflect modern urban boundaries. That can be fixed by UTX in EU, USA or wait for our openLC series later in the year.

Hi,

I can't download the file without being a member, right?