Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

FTX Global, is it worth it?

One word - "YES", absolutely.

As some have posted - FTXGlobal allows me to fly everywhere around the globe without having to stare at god awful FSX Default textures.  The world is now a bigger place to explore with a heap more immersion.

The other (good) side of the coin is that airport scenery developers can safely develop airports for regions like ASIA, AFRICA etc knowing that the ride in and out is going to look amazing.  So here's to hoping our awesome line up of developers grasp this for what it is and unlock the ENTIRE world!!

FTX Global is a must have in my opinion.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

DX-10 compatible or still awaiting an update?

Thinking of getting it, but this is setting me back?  I wouldn't want strange ground flickers in DX10 mode..

To those of you that have FTX G, have there been any service packs or updates released yet? I'm waiting for the first update to come out so I can download the latest already.

Thinking of getting it, but this is setting me back?  I wouldn't want strange ground flickers in DX10 mode..

I'm in FTX Global in DX10.   No strange grounds flickers that I've noticed.   You do have to rename one BGL file that turns off the custom night lighting (awaiting a fix on that) but you still have FSX default night lighting.   Daytime is absolutely fine; no black blocks, flickers or other anomolies here.    Just a huge FPS increase and more fluid experience. :smile:

I am an X-Planer, very mad at ORBX for having said X-Plane has no future ( it certainly has!!! they are wrong, and they'd better do something like FTX Global for it ...)

I am hoping that the reason they would not support XP 64 has to do with how P3D is evolving--i.e., that at some point it will be changed to 64bit code and support graphical APIs better and who knows support multithreading better.  If this comes to pass w/ P3D (it's still an IF I'm sure) then XPlane may truly die.  This is the only scenario I can see ORBX not supporting XPlane 64.

I'm thinking of holding off holding off until I see where P3D v2 is going, or at least some discussion about fundamental changes to the core simulator engine.  I'm sure FSX is a dead end platform and am not too keen on continuing to spend $$ on it, no matter the add on at this point in time.  If ORBX did in fact create FTX-G for XPlane 64 I'd jump into BOTH Xplane 64 & FTX-G-XP as the XPlane core engine is superior in several aspects--at least from a theoretical standpoint.  Plus, I enjoy dawn/dusk/night flying the most ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

So many people who say this is a must have have less than 50 career posts...a little suspicious to me. Just saying.  Like on yelp, I tend to value more the opinions of people who have many posts over many months or years. 

Very much so. I wasn't going to get it initially, but after seeing those screenshots, I was blown away. Buy it.

So many people who say this is a must have have less than 50 career posts...a little suspicious to me. Just saying. Like on yelp, I tend to value more the opinions of people who have many posts over many months or years.

A must have!! B)

Sorry, i'm a newbie poster, but for me no. I already have fsglobal landclass worldwide, utx and gex for all regions and use dx10 so as a result, for me no. Personally i have also had issues previously with orbx products not playing nice with other addons needing some fixes and orbx is a company that plays by the new rules of life, these being "its always someone elses fault". Having said that, if i did not have any landclass or current replacement textures then i would be interested but irrespective of company alliegance or products used i am seriously starting to believe that a good setup can only be either all orbx products or all non-orbx products for future compatability issues :)

Having said all of the above, i would not yet be using it anyway as having been slightly singed a few times, nothing that been on the market less than around 3 months will get bought and installed anyway as I await all the pros and cons to come in ;)

Your mileage wil obviously vary based on what you already have, but since most of my flying is done at >FL250 the whole subject is a little moot anyway :)

Regards

Graham

Personally i have also had issues previously with orbx products not playing nice with other addons needing some fixes and orbx is a company that plays by the new rules of life, these being "its always someone elses fault". Having said that, if i did not have any landclass or current replacement textures then i would be interested but irrespective of company alliegance or products used i am seriously starting to believe that a good setup can only be either all orbx products or all non-orbx products for future compatability issues :)

I have everything Orbx have released to this day and lot of addons from other devs, UTX, ES, Aerosoft etc. Have not had any problems using them together. And now with FTXG and the new hybrid mode I don't even have to switch regions and it all plays nicely with other addons except France VFR. And for that one I blame France VFR devs because they are not interested in sending Orbx their autogen files for merging.

JV has sent them several mails trying to get this solved, as they did with ES sceneries, so they are actually doing more than many others these days to make their products compitable...

And they also admitted that they went to far with the lclookup.bgl and have now fixed this with FTXGlobal, so when you say their policy is "its always someone elses fault" I think that is very unfair...

It just keeps getting better and, better !! Thanks ORBX.......

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA