Sign in to follow this  
sourwop

The big surprise

It's amazing how many people are having trouble understanding the phrase "not in the airplane."

in-the-computer.jpg

"It's in the computer!!!"

Not on the outside..

If it is in the computer, and as you stated, something the real T7 does. mmm, could you please give a hint? In the computer, refering to your physical pc that is, could it be a program that runs to assist in the FPS?

If in the T7 many computers, Could it be the automatic ALTN airports it selects? Maybe a hint, from any beta tester or staff member, could help. Not trying to troll but I love puzzles.

It was said, by Rob I believe, that the beta testers have done a good job of not showing it. So, maybe WX radar? That is computer related? I saw a beta tester video say that the WX radar will be off but he didn't say it wasn't replicated :) A hint would be much appreciated.

I don't get it, if its outside the aircraft and there have been multiple videos showing the external views and walk around's and no one yet has noticed / seen it....... Its driving me crazy

Feels like i'm up against a fleet of ninja beta testers :ph34r:  

The surprise was the delay.  :Party:

hahaha Good one :) We have time to wait anyway. Quality first !

Nicolaus Malmgren

Not on the outside..

If it is in the computer, and as you stated, something the real T7 does. mmm, could you please give a hint?

Could it be the automatic ALTN airports it selects? Maybe a hint, from any beta tester or staff member, could help. Not trying to troll but I love puzzles.

It was said, by Rob I believe, that the beta testers have done a good job of not showing it. So, maybe WX radar? That is computer related? I saw a beta tester video say that the WX radar will be off but he didn't say it wasn't replicated :) A hint would be much appreciate.

Ironically (no offense meant here), the line in the movie (pictured) was illustrating how poor the characters were at interpreting simple instructions and information...

One of the leads said the information was in the computer, but the two guys pictured thought that meant they had to literally break it open. The phrase was only used to illustrate how poorly people were understanding the earlier direction that it was "not inside the airplane."

Auto ALTN selection has already been shown in the aircraft.

I'm not even going to address the weather radar comment...

Kyle Rodgers

I don't get it, if its outside the aircraft and there have been multiple videos showing the external views and walk around's and no one yet has noticed / seen it....... Its driving me crazy

Feels like i'm up against a fleet of ninja beta testers :ph34r:  

But it's not in the airplane if I understood Kyle correctly (is that even possible  :Thinking:) . So, inside/external are both in the airplane.. :ph34r:

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well, outside of the aircraft are the best-looking aircraft surfaces seen to date, at least from PMDG. Tire wear?

Oh, right, not the aircraft, the computer - computational flight dynamics best ever?

I'm not even going to address the weather radar comment...

C'mon, Kyle - let's hear it. You know it's killing you to say something. :lol:

Okay, seeing that we have people attempting to pick out the most subtle of minutia here:

-It is NOT inside the aircraft. This means that if you would have to walk into the aircraft to see it (or it's effects), it is not the surprise.

-The external view of the aircraft is actually outside the aircraft (I'm really not sure how anyone could interpret anything I said to include the external view as inside the aircraft...)

-It is NOT anything PMDG has said they would not do, or would not do any time soon

Now, can we have a thread estimating how many times I have had, and will have to, rehash the above?

Kyle Rodgers

Connection to iPad or similar hand devices. You can monitor and handle your longhaul's when at work with your Hand device. PMDG 777 will run as server for you capt.

Possible? probably..

Nicolaus Malmgren

Well, outside of the aircraft are the best-looking aircraft surfaces seen to date, at least from PMDG. Tire wear?

Oh, right, not the aircraft, the computer - computational flight dynamics best ever?

If it's extremely difficult for us not to see it, I would say it is not a feature of the real aircraft, unless it is something totally out of this world, like WXR or EFB but these are confirmed not to be it.

My bet is a some created feature of the FSX or external PMDG management software.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Is it the the day light lighting where you can see the strobe lighting during the day?

I'm not sure if Froogle made a mistake in showing it on his latest video lol

C'mon, Kyle - let's hear it. You know it's killing you to say something. :lol:

Haha. Nope. Rather enjoying watching ya'll toture yourselves over it. That, and make yourselves easy targets for my ever-loved sarcastic quips.

Kyle Rodgers

I told you, hit the evac button and the slides deploy ;)

The evac button is the only thing that hasn't been showed in any video yet.