Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

A2A Cessna 172 now available

Another milestone standard setting release from A2A  I smell another platinum award for A2A B)  Bring on the Cherokee!

Here are some screenies.

ghUq7.th.jpg
3qCOB.th.jpg
32NWK.th.jpg
IAP3v.th.jpg
h4nIV.th.jpg
YDGs.th.jpg
ij3EL.th.jpg
UNhD.th.jpg
E6eYK.th.jpg

Got a couple of bugs so far (on my machine anyway) - missing many (most all), sounds on a replay in FSX, and the  right hand GPS selector knob refuses to work for scrolling through airports etc., until I use the GPS in the dash first, then its ok unless I close the @d pop-up, then I have to go back to the dash mounted one again before using the 2D...

..and there sure is a ton of "runway rolling noise and bumps" when taxing, more than I ever got with Accu-Feel running on other aircraft - no big deal, just odd...

Worth going to the A2A Simulations forum to get info on RXP integration, to be sure. Sounds like there might be an issue for some people with some configurations, which no doubt will get sorted soon.

Got a couple of bugs so far (on my machine anyway) - missing many (most all), sounds on a replay in FSX,

That's not a bug in the airplane, many, if not all, aircraft's sounds are incompatible with instant replay, and many sceneries are too. And there is nothing they can do about it.

A better option would be to use fsrecorder. 

Man oh man she's a beauty!

Did the standard walk around then started her up in front of the hangar at KMYF. She handled the taxiway like the real thing does. During the run-up I caught myself looking for the carb heat. Sounds during the run-up put me right there. The sounds are great, very realistic. Once that was complete we lined up and shot down 28L.

A couple of times around the patten proves to me that A2A has created an amazing thing here. So far I have not seen anything negative to report on and plenty I like. 

The map and manual (with checklists) are right there in the door pockets and appear in non obstructive pop-up windows. I really like these features.

I Had high expectations and they have been exceeded only a few minutes in. Kudos to A2A on another fantastic product.

That's not a bug in the airplane, many, if not all, aircraft's sounds are incompatible with instant replay, and many sceneries are too. And there is nothing they can do about it

Hmm, I have never had any sound problems going back and running the replay in FSX before on any aircraft (and I have quite  a few), but I posted it in the A2A tech support forum, so we'll see what they think :biggrin:

Did the standard walk around then started her up in front of the hangar at KMYF.

Funny...I started her up at KSEE and flew over to KMYF for my first landing. :blink:

Brandon Filer

Oh man, Thanks for letting me know!!!!!

Downloaded!!!!

If this is as good as the Piper Cub, then of course it will be stellar!!!

My A2A hangar is now:

A2A C172

A2A Piper Cub

A2A B377 COTS

The funny thing is that the C172 fits perfectly in my FSX hangar. I really wanted a trainer type Cessna add on. Glad they kept it simple (no glass cockpit), the basic trainer / C172

Its like the first time I tried Microsoft Flight Sim. back in the early 80s....

A2A Rocks!!

B.

This plane is awesome..   Best GA plane I have flown for FS.   I have been waiting a long time for this!

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Hmm, I have never had any sound problems going back and running the replay in FSX before on any aircraft (and I have quite  a few), but I posted it in the A2A tech support forum, so we'll see what they think :biggrin:

FSX instant replay is extremely buggy. Fsrecorder is the better option. 

Just thinking..... I resumed my career in Air Hauler two weeks ago, still flying with C208B Super Cargomaster, and just realised how awesome would be if A2A developed that plane.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Got a couple of bugs so far (on my machine anyway) - missing many (most all), sounds on a replay in FSX, and the  right hand GPS selector knob refuses to work for scrolling through airports etc., until I use the GPS in the dash first, then its ok unless I close the @d pop-up, then I have to go back to the dash mounted one again before using the 2D...

..and there sure is a ton of "runway rolling noise and bumps" when taxing, more than I ever got with Accu-Feel running on other aircraft - no big deal, just odd...

Ever taxi a real 172? The lack of shocks makes you hear and feel even the slightest crack and bump on the ground. Nothing odd there, just realistic. 

One bad thing about this whole package is the lack of a nice printable checklist. The best one I've found so far is this one, and it seems to work just fine? 

http://hortmanaviation.com/c172_checklist.jpg

You could just buy the real checklist from Cessna.  B)

What is interesting to me is there is no question I would not buy this product - I buy it without any in depth review being posted. I buy it solely on the reputation of A2A. I think when you get to this level of automatically purchasing something you could argue that it is an enviable marketing position to be in. There is one small caveat for me however...

The strategy of withholding the pricing until the day of release needs to  be re-examined. A company such as A2A, which strikes me as one of integrity, would be better served by just being open about the pricing when the release is forthcoming.I believe the current strategy contributes to the hype and is nothing more than market manipulation - completely unnecessary for a company with such an excellent reputation. 

Almost all of A2A's aircraft bundled with Accusim come out to around $45-$50. Why would anyone think the pricing for their 172 would be any different. What difference would it make telling us the price last year versus today? 

Jared Listinsky