Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Prepar3d V2.0 entering beta

There are already more than enough developers involved with P3D V2 that I could actually care less if some hold out.

PMDG and Flight 1 are not the be all and end all of Flight Simulator.

I certainly wont be paying the inflated 'commercial training' fees that PMDG and F1 will be charging for their products to work in P3D.

Lets be clear, I think we can all see which companies are in it for the training $$ and which companies are more interested in moving to a better Flight Simulator platform which benefits the community as a whole.

I say bravo to Orbx, Carenado and all other companies which are embracing P3D without trying to stick it to the non commercial user.

I hate giving up my Mustang but, as long as Milviz, RealAir and Aerosoft are in there, I think I'll be fine.  One thought about Flight1, if FSX ends up being replaced (not sure if it will yet), what will they do...stop supporting the products for the broader community altogether? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

O man, I love capitalism. It just keeps getting better and better. PMDG and Flight1 will have no choice within the next year. We have all taken a hard stance on something in our lifetime and had to take a step back, and they will too. I will bet you my old MS joystick, that's how confident I am.

Bob

O man, I love capitalism. It just keeps getting better and better. PMDG and Flight1 will have no choice within the next year. We have all taken a hard stance on something in our lifetime and had to take a step back, and they will too. I will bet you my old MS joystick, that's how confident I am.

Bob

Haha. I hope it's a FFB joystick. We can only wish that LM modifies their licensing agreement enough to entice PMDG and other holdouts to reach a mutual agreement as an entertainment or educational platform. Commercial licensing fees will be out of reach for the casual simmer....although I would pony up begrudgingly. If there is any validity whatsoever to those V2 features we will have a banner simulator to enjoy in fairly short order. Exciting times in which we live.

Ryan Kelly

There are already more than enough developers involved with P3D V2 that I could actually care less if some hold out.

PMDG and Flight 1 are not the be all and end all of Flight Simulator.

I certainly wont be paying the inflated 'commercial training' fees that PMDG and F1 will be charging for their products to work in P3D.

Lets be clear, I think we can all see which companies are in it for the training $$ and which companies are more interested in moving to a better Flight Simulator platform which benefits the community as a whole.

I say bravo to Orbx, Carenado and all other companies which are embracing P3D without trying to stick it to the non commercial user.

So are you saying that probably PMDG will be asking ~$200 for a copy of their B777 to run on P3D because they see it as "commercial training"?

I hope not but anything is possible.

So are you saying that probably PMDG will be asking ~$200 for a copy of their B777 to run on P3D because they see it as "commercial training"?

I hope not but anything is possible.

PMDG would need someone reputable in the aviation industry to endorse it as such. PMDG will not be sucsessful by endorsing their own product as "Training".

Bob

hope it is below 100 US

LM could start with selling only the high priced professional versions and the developer version to the early adopters. Some of them will certainly not care too much about a high(er) price if the promotion material is right!

Than after a couple of month they may bring out the student version.

Or maybe the other way around? Start with the student version and let them do the “gamma” testing (is there something like this? Or is it called “open-beta”?) and see if there are any issues with it before they go to 2.1 and start selling it to the professionals at a higher price with some more features (e.g. the military stuff).

Who knows!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Bob

I think it may not be in our best interest to be too hard on Flight1 and PMDG at this point. Jim, from Flight1 has already stated in one of the forums that the new B200 may be released in a different version for P3D. Will it cost us some money. I am sure it will. That is why they call Flight1 a business. I own an older F150 Ford truck and I saw the other day that the new one now will tow up to 14000 lbs. I am pretty sure that Ford will not upgrade the towing limits on my old truck to match the new one with out taking a lot of money out of my wallet!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I think it may not be in our best interest to be too hard on Flight1 and PMDG at this point. Jim, from Flight1 has already stated in one of the forums that the new B200 may be released in a different version for P3D. Will it cost us some money. I am sure it will. That is why they call Flight1 a business. I own an older F150 Ford truck and I saw the other day that the new one now will tow up to 14000 lbs. I am pretty sure that Ford will not upgrade the towing limits on my old truck to match the new one with out taking a lot of money out of my wallet!!

Yes, let the market decide (capitalism) how well something will or will not work. The market of course is us.

Bob

How do we know this list isn't bogus?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

We don't :D The only official BETA info is in the Official P3D forums.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

All I know is that if this list is legit, PMDG and Flight 1 will have to act. Let's be real here.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

We don't. How do we know you are really Cpt_Morgan??!! LOL!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I hope they've released their beta to companies for them to test their products on it.  I don't fly default airplanes or use default scenery any more.  Any companies that develop aircraft and scenery would need to test.  Also, popular add-ons like REX, ActiveSky, Accufeel, FSUIPC, LINDA, traffic programs, flight planning software, etc.

Gregg, we're on board, testing with our current and future products. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

This is so cool, I signed up, but not sure of requirements to get in to the beta (do I have to be previous owner of P3D?).  I use x-plane as a visualization tool all the time but never felt right as an entertainment device, but love the feel of FSX (and the forgotten MS Flight).  I'm so happy to see P3D progressing like it is, the changelist looks incredible and I hope the underlying architecture has been equally revamped. 

Has P3D/LM had any statements to the popularity of this "commercial" product and the acceptance of its use by home users? 

A true replacements for FSX is long overdue and with the cancellation of MS Flight, which had massive potential in the right hands, P3D...you are our only hope!