Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Prepar3d V2.0 entering beta

Hmm, I think it will soon be time for me to get Prepar3d then to ensure my future scenery products are fully compatible with it... Certainly all those new features sound very promising. 

I hope they've released their beta to companies for them to test their products on it.  I don't fly default airplanes or use default scenery any more.  Any companies that develop aircraft and scenery would need to test.  Also, popular add-ons like REX, ActiveSky, Accufeel, FSUIPC, LINDA, traffic programs, flight planning software, etc. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

So DX11 will eliminate the 4GB ram limit? Well...awesome. That's mainly why I was curious about an eventual 64-bit P3D.

No, DX11 wil NOT eliminate this limit, any 32bit app will be bound to the 3gb limit. Its only 3gb that is available for VAS and not 4gb.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

And all those poor souls over at FSX getting so excited about DX10.  Let them have their DX10.  I'll quietly wait for DX11!

"Build it... and they will come.  FSNext!"

A our friends from XP10 would add: And all those poor souls over at P3D getting so excited about DX11. Let them have their DX11. I enjoy 64bit ...

I just upgraded from DX9 to DX10 and it was worth every cent for the next months to come. We will see when LM will come out with it and if we can make easy use of it right from the start.

We have to wait and see if the add-ons written for FSX/P3D 1.x are compatible with 2.0 (and if so if they can be run with the old installers or if the developers need to produce new installers, patches, etc. to run them). So I am afraid that it might take a little while until we all are happy simmers eager to learn to fly!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I can tell you this. My son worked for LM for quite awhile and I was able to see first hand their commitment to quality. This was of course on the mechanical engineering side of the company, but I can bet that this commitment will be apparent here as well.

Bob

Can we speculate?

Sure, let start here....impressive list indeed, not everything in it, some of you will get pi$$ed when discovering what's not there anymore, about that for a start.

Sure, let start here....impressive list indeed, not everything in it, some of you will get pi$$ed when discovering what's not there anymore, about that for a start.

I was a little disappointed until I heard that LM purchased PMDG as well as Carenado.

Bob

Guessing at least 1.5 yrs in testing. After all, P3D isnt an entertainment software package that can be riddled with bugs for an early release without serious consequences. Commercial flight trainers will not tolerate a FSX, we will fix it later, type release. professionalism.

Is there even such a thing as bug free software these days? Given the complexity of some software and all.

Is there even such a thing as bug free software these days? Given the complexity of some software and all.

Depends on how a bug is defined. Some companies do an excellent job and actually have a test plan.

bob

I was a little disappointed until I heard that LM purchased PMDG as well as Carenado.

Bob

Bob,

I understand your excitement but let just see if I was full of it when V2.0 is released, then we'll talk again.

Bob,

I understand your excitement but let just see if I was full of it when V2.0 is released, then we'll talk again.

Oh sorry about that. I see why my comment made you feel that way. Sorry, that was not my intention to either validate or invalidate what you had said.

Funny how emails work isnt it?

Bob

There are already more than enough developers involved with P3D V2 that I could actually care less if some hold out.

PMDG and Flight 1 are not the be all and end all of Flight Simulator.

I certainly wont be paying the inflated 'commercial training' fees that PMDG and F1 will be charging for their products to work in P3D.

Lets be clear, I think we can all see which companies are in it for the training $$ and which companies are more interested in moving to a better Flight Simulator platform which benefits the community as a whole.

I say bravo to Orbx, Carenado and all other companies which are embracing P3D without trying to stick it to the non commercial user.

Oh sorry about that. I see why my comment made you feel that way. Sorry, that was not my intention to either validate or invalidate what you had said.

Funny how emails work isnt it?

Bob

Thank you Bob, that made me feel a LOT better, matter of facts I just cancelled my therapist appointment.. :smile:

Thank you Bob, that made me feel a LOT better, matter of facts I just cancelled my therapist appointment.. :smile:

I had therapy before but it did not help at all. I am still simming and tweaking and waiting for the next big thing.

Bob