Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

If your system can pull it off...Bloom, Flare,Shade together is the knock-out punch!

Just took off from Sarnia, Ont. this morning at 7:25, and am heading north, following the lake.

I have the Bloom and Flare effect enabled, as well as (always...) Shade doing its 'thang.

Bloom has an amazing effect upon Orbx's FSX Global.  The street lights below me, have a very high and bright intensity, and that eastern-rising sun this morning, highlighting a scattered cloud base of 3,500 feet burns so hot and bright under the effect of Bloom, that you can almost FEEL its heat intensity.  I love how the Bloom/Flare combo effect highlights and brightens a swath of forest below my right wing, and actually I have never seen that effect before, where the forest is as dark as you'd expect at around 7:30 in the morning, but yet that ray of sun (yes...rays...wow...) brings the highlights of the trees up within the scope of its beam.

FSX has never looked more real life than this morning.  

If your system can pull off Bloom and Flare with satisfactory FPS performance...than I recommend you try it..and stay with it for at least a solid 2 weeks.  It is different, in the way it renders up your virtual world. I believe that you need time to 'mind adjust' to the difference as it creates a fully 'live and breathing' atmosphere you are now flying through.  Trust me, it is worth turning on, and with Bloom, Flare, and the program Shade,....well...it really is...'as real as it gets'.  FSX with the above turned on, and flying over FSX Global, has given me as close to being inside an aircraft at my present cruise of 3,500 as I am ever going to get, other than laying down the cash for my P.P.L.

Bloom and Flare effect, is the final lock-down to a virtual world where FSX truly mimics what is happening outsider your computer room....

Good morning all, and now back to my flight...going up North to close up the cottage...  (wink,nudge...)

Post Edit:  I just had to pause the flight and come back here to report a new visual that I have never seen...never seen in FSX, and now so cool!-----> To set up the scene in your mind, I am flying about 1.5 miles to the east of the lake shore, and all the communities with their homes near, or at the lake shore to my direct west (GSX Global, at Extremely Dense)...have a very bright eastern facing wall of the homes.  WOW..but does this look so true world.  The sun is shining off of the eastern faces of the homes, and muted on the south wall, of as I fly north, can see.  A pretty downright amazing true-to-life effect by the sun, that Bloom affords you.  What I love best about FSX, is how it can give your mind, the cues to what you see every day around you, at any time of the 24 hour cycle. Bloom and Flare opens that door to your monitor....:)

Mitch

Cool I will try this in a bit. Not sure how much this is going to drop my performance by but worth a shot....maybe just for GA rather than NGX

Edit - though just realised I don't have shade just sweetfx..that'll have to do

Cool I will try this in a bit. Not sure how much this is going to drop my performance by but worth a shot....maybe just for GA rather than NGX

Edit - though just realised I don't have shade just sweetfx..that'll have to do

Good morning Plate!

I had something lucky happen to me a couple of days ago, that allows me to have Bloom and Flare, running at around 30 FPS (locked). As I said, I am just heading up north following the lake shore...and as far as my mind is concerned....FSX now is the 'real deal'.  Oh...I also found that Bloom lights up the cabin under DX9 in such a way that you know from which direction the sun is beaming into your cockpit...and although you don't have a 'moving' vc shadow effect under DX9, what happens with that directive light-source mind cue...is that you 'see' a shadow inside your cockpit. It is not there, but the way light is now playing out in the cockpit and around you...you actually do 'feel' that shadow is there subliminally, if you understand what I mean.  My left side of the cockpit, the western side..is (as is any reflective surface, like the eastern facing home sides of FSX Global, 3,500 feet below me...are absorbing and reflecting more intensity of that sunlight...and this truly allows my mind to 'set up a shadow effect'....and it really does Plate...you will see for yourself. Fly today around the Great Lakes, or try Sarnia, as OPUS is giving you fantastic atmospherics to set you up for what I am, in real time right now, visualizing!!! Follow the lake shore as it goes east out of the airport, and then winds itself north...and beyond.  

FSX Life is good, man...it is good!

Have a great flight...

Mitch

Hey Mitch, you're posts are always infectiously enthusiastic, but when I read them I'm always thinking; "where's the screenshots of this?!".  :lol:

Hey Mitch, you're posts are always infectiously enthusiastic, but when I read them I'm always thinking; "where's the screenshots of this?!".   :lol:

LOL! Good morning Q!

I have not had a uh..er...happy experience with screen shots.  So...you'll just have to try my use of the descriptive to set it up in the best graphic card ever created...your own mind!   Have a good flight...and even if you only get around 15-18 FPS...Q....my gawd...it is so worth the loss of FPS, but the gain of the virtual real world. I guess that you can only really pull this off when flying a less complicated (whatever) G.A. sled.  I'm lucky that I mostly use FSX for G.A. flights and for complicated tubes...fly FS9.  That works for this kid... :)  Have a good flight...and enjoy that eastern sun....it's burning today...hot and bright under the FSX-magic, called BLOOM! :))))) 

Roger Roger Captain, fair enough!

I think once the RealAir Duk 2.0 is released, I'm due some GA time again so might try your suggestions for a super-visual flight experience! :cool:

Even on my mid-range machine I didn't saw ANY fps loss in dx10 with shade+bloom+flare+sweetfx, even without dx10 fixer. So my bet is that this combination is highly dependant on fsx tweaking ang gpu (NI & drivers).

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Just took off from Sarnia, Ont. this morning at 7:25, and am heading north, following the lake.

I have the Bloom and Flare effect enabled, as well as (always...) Shade doing its 'thang.

Bloom has an amazing effect upon Orbx's FSX Global.  The street lights below me, have a very high and bright intensity, and that eastern-rising sun this morning, highlighting a scattered cloud base of 3,500 feet burns so hot and bright under the effect of Bloom, that you can almost FEEL its heat intensity.  I love how the Bloom/Flare combo effect highlights and brightens a swath of forest below my right wing, and actually I have never seen that effect before, where the forest is as dark as you'd expect at around 7:30 in the morning, but yet that ray of sun (yes...rays...wow...) brings the highlights of the trees up within the scope of its beam.

FSX has never looked more real life than this morning.  

If your system can pull off Bloom and Flare with satisfactory FPS performance...than I recommend you try it..and stay with it for at least a solid 2 weeks.  It is different, in the way it renders up your virtual world. I believe that you need time to 'mind adjust' to the difference as it creates a fully 'live and breathing' atmosphere you are now flying through.  Trust me, it is worth turning on, and with Bloom, Flare, and the program Shade,....well...it really is...'as real as it gets'.  FSX with the above turned on, and flying over FSX Global, has given me as close to being inside an aircraft at my present cruise of 3,500 as I am ever going to get, other than laying down the cash for my P.P.L.

Bloom and Flare effect, is the final lock-down to a virtual world where FSX truly mimics what is happening outsider your computer room....

Good morning all, and now back to my flight...going up North to close up the cottage...  (wink,nudge...)

Post Edit:  I just had to pause the flight and come back here to report a new visual that I have never seen...never seen in FSX, and now so cool!-----> To set up the scene in your mind, I am flying about 1.5 miles to the east of the lake shore, and all the communities with their homes near, or at the lake shore to my direct west (GSX Global, at Extremely Dense)...have a very bright eastern facing wall of the homes.  WOW..but does this look so true world.  The sun is shining off of the eastern faces of the homes, and muted on the south wall, of as I fly north, can see.  A pretty downright amazing true-to-life effect by the sun, that Bloom affords you.  What I love best about FSX, is how it can give your mind, the cues to what you see every day around you, at any time of the 24 hour cycle. Bloom and Flare opens that door to your monitor....:)

Mitch

from Xplane10 to FSX :lol:   you have a lot of positive posts in the Xplane10 forum....what changed your mind?

from Xplane10 to FSX :lol:   you have a lot of positive posts in the Xplane10 forum....what changed your mind?

What does it matter............?

It's possible to enjoy and see positives in more than one simulator.

I definitely  do, and nothing at all, changed my mind, for  I fly FSX, XPX, and FS9 as my mood dictates per flight.

All of them...for each of their strengths.  I check regularly to see if XPX.30 has been released, and frequent the FS9 forum to stay current.  FSX Global was a game changer for me. I want as much realism in the virtual world, that I fly over within that virtual cockpit.  When (and if...) XPX matures to that level of what it looks like pretty much to fly over in the State of Michigan...then it will be a hard toss of the coin, as to what percentage split I devote between FSX and XPX.  Night scenes in XPX can't be matched as you fly over cityscape, and road infrastructure, even by FSX Global's night happenings.  That is the beauty of having the three on my hard drive...I DON"T HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM...I only have to choose WHEN I wish to fly them.  So...the best of the best, and the best of the times, all the time! Cheers!

Mitch'er

I agree, Mitch.

I don't know if you came across this yet, but when the angle of the sun is hitting buildings/aircrafts surfaces just right, the bloom has a shimmering effect (no, not shimmer due to low AA, but the bloom shimmers just like in real life).

I had one of those moments last week.  I was flying the NGX and went to wing view while cruising.  The wings were glowing from the bloom and direct sun light.  It looked so real.  Same thing happens to the water as well.  When everything is right, you can see the glow on the water surface, even far in the distance.  Like you said, you can almost feel the heat.

I get no performance loss with bloom under DX10 and I will never fly again without bloom.

SweetFX and ENB add their own thing, but it's not like the internal FSX bloom where you get many different effects.

Hey Mitch, you're posts are always infectiously enthusiastic, but when I read them I'm always thinking; "where's the screenshots of this?!". :lol:

Yep, I like to see his posts also, nice break from all the arguments and negativity we see here so often.

Just wish I had a few bucks for everytime Mitch said that this setting was the best ever, this driver was best driver ever released, most realistic sunrise/sunset ever seen, life is good, oh gawd, knock your socks off, everything maxed out, i'd be a rich man. :-)

I just wish I knew how he chose his user name.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bloom is amazing...especially with the myriad of REX runway light textures.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Great post Mitch. Thanks for sharing! I'm also having many WOW moments with DX10 preview.

Who knew this new technology would again revolutionize the aging sim. Maybe Paul did.  :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yep, I like to see his posts also, nice break from all the arguments and negativity we see here so often.

Just wish I had a few bucks for everytime Mitch said that this setting was the best ever, this driver was best driver ever released, most realistic sunrise/sunset ever seen, life is good, oh gawd, knock your socks off, everything maxed out, i'd be a rich man. :-)

I just wish I knew how he chose his user name.

Well Jim, I got handed my name; Sesquash, in college, around sports,

Ses

Great post Mitch. Thanks for sharing! I'm also having many WOW moments with DX10 preview.

Who knew this new technology would again revolutionize the aging sim. Maybe Paul did.  :P

Yeah...it's pretty cool, that's for sure.  I never truly knew what the Bloom effect actually did, quite frankly.  But now that I do...it won't be turned off, with Flare as its drinking buddy, lol!

I agree, Mitch.

I don't know if you came across this yet, but when the angle of the sun is hitting buildings/aircrafts surfaces just right, the bloom has a shimmering effect (no, not shimmer due to low AA, but the bloom shimmers just like in real life).

I had one of those moments last week.  I was flying the NGX and went to wing view while cruising.  The wings were glowing from the bloom and direct sun light.  It looked so real.  Same thing happens to the water as well.  When everything is right, you can see the glow on the water surface, even far in the distance.  Like you said, you can almost feel the heat.

I get no performance loss with bloom under DX10 and I will never fly again without bloom.

SweetFX and ENB add their own thing, but it's not like the internal FSX bloom where you get many different effects.

No, I did not know that, Groovin.  Actually, yesterday morn was the first time that I saw the effect of 'bright and direct' sunlight highlighting the eastern side of a FSX Global autogen house. I'll look for that shimmering effect as you describe.  Like I said in another post, Bloom isn't coming off....."It's bloomin' staying on...."  :)