Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

It comes with v2.0 Howard. :smile:

:blush:  oops, sure, I've just this minute found it. I didn't realise the interiors were different for the different liveries. Thanks Dave...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

:blush:  oops, sure, I've just this minute found it. I didn't realise the interiors were different for the different liveries. Thanks Dave...

Howard, that is why I made the screenshot summary. Match the little airplane picture in the lower right with the interior. Edit the first line of the small texture config file to mix and match.

When all else fails, you could read the manual (Pilot'sGuide) in this case. Ha.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have chosen G-REAL for my flights, since the "G" registration is British, and I like the winglets. Now, if only the radio could be programmed to play "God Save The Queen".......

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have chosen G-REAL for my flights, since the "G" registration is British, and I like the winglets. Now, if only the radio could be programmed to play "God Save The Queen".......

:lol:

Yeah but remember all that lovely metal was punched together in Kansas!

Howard, that is why I made the screenshot summary. Match the little airplane picture in the lower right with the interior. Edit the first line of the small texture config file to mix and match.

When all else fails, you could read the manual (Pilot'sGuide) in this case. Ha.

Ray

Thanks Ray, sorry for being a dipstick :lol: :blush:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Ah I see Ray preparing a review. Nice. :smile:

Yep, just started banging on the keyboard this afternoon.  On page 3, then I got the notice that Howard was doing OK.

Good to hear from you.

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

If You mean that music from The Sex Pistols...

Then I better not write the rest of that text :P :P

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX4070 12GB, 1 x 1TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD, 1x 2TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home, Meta Quest 3

So close to pulling the trigger..I love the Duke, just have to reread the change notes to see if it's truly worth the price of admission over my turbine Duke.

Just read no Update Deal for Turbine owners??

Pulled the Trigger anyway.

So close to pulling the trigger..I love the Duke, just have to reread the change notes to see if it's truly worth the price of admission over my turbine Duke.

Just read no Update Deal for Turbine owners??

Pulled the Trigger anyway.

I think I read that they're going to update the Turbine similarly, so I imagine they would logically offer a discount for Turbine owners when they do.

Hi, I see your logic. But I didn't do it for any of those reasons, and almost all our flight models except maybe one allow for a mid range p factor, for a simple reason. P factor of course should be correct, but a lot of sim pilots and real pilots argue about what the proper value is. If we said "put pfactor slider at 100%" then there would be no leeway for user choice. Putting it halfway gives the opportunity to adjust either way. I know you could argue that it should be exact. But even thousands of hours pilots seem to disagree. In V2 we tried to give the user as much choice as possible. None of these choices alter the core characteristics. The animation special effects are similar. We give the user choice as to whether they want them at all (example: some users with low end systems get a lot of shimmering with airframe and needle vibration, others do not) or to turn the effect up or down.

Just to follow up on this subthread, I ran a few flights with the torque and p-factor sliders at your recommended settings (half to 2/3) compared to where I had them at 100% and I didn't notice too much difference at all during early takeoff or power reduction during flare.  Certainly nothing to require any perceptible change in technique.  Also, I had feared the minor inconvenience of having my .cfg tweaks reset every time I changed those sliders on the screen to accomodate this airplane, but I found that this was not the case, and they remained intact.  So, I can either change them around at will or even leave them at 100%, but either way I think I'm good now.  Thanks for the explanation.

Just to follow up on this subthread, I ran a few flights with the torque and p-factor sliders at your recommended settings (half to 2/3) compared to where I had them at 100% and I didn't notice too much difference at all during early takeoff or power reduction during flare. Certainly nothing to require any perceptible change in technique. Also, I had feared the minor inconvenience of having my .cfg tweaks reset every time I changed those sliders on the screen to accomodate this airplane, but I found that this was not the case, and they remained intact. So, I can either change them around at will or even leave them at 100%, but either way I think I'm good now. Thanks for the explanation.

I changed mine (yes...I finally read the manual!).  The p-factor slider had a pretty good size effect.  On departure I had a significantly smaller pull to the left and needed less rudder.  Also, in slow flight the rudder had sufficient authority to make a larger, more stable turn to the right.  When I thought about it, the only other aircraft that I have that I fly at all any more that would be affected by that slider are the Scout and the Carenado C182.  The Scout is RealAir so it should be fine I guess.  I'll have to try out the C182.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

My first thought regarding this update was actually that 20€ are maybe a tad too much for just a few new liveries. How wrong I was! The update is just brilliant. The engine start alone is worth the money. The Duke V1 was already an excellent addon on but this update takes the whole plane to a completely new dimension :smile:

Greetings

Tim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I think the touchdown has improved with V2. This quite often felt a bit "heavy" with V1.5 unless I greased the landing, but my landing after a test flight last night felt very nice. I am using the "grass and tarmac" suspension option, since I want to operate the Duke at a variety of airfields. I also noticed the improved roll out (where the plane swayed slightly from side to side as I slowed down), and the creaking brakes and fuselage. Nothing excessive. Just.....realistic :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My first thought regarding this update was actually that 20€ are maybe a tad too much for just a few new liveries. How wrong I was! The update is just brilliant. The engine start alone is worth the money. The Duke V1 was already an excellent addon on but this update takes the whole plane to a completely new dimension :smile:

Greetings

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for you kind comments. The price is 16.95 Euros, not 20. Unfortunately there is VAT government tax added, which we don't benefit from, nor can we get it back as that is paid directly to the government and is recovered by the ecommerce agent, and not us. I think 20% VAT is a total rip off for all European customers but there is nothing I can do about it.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page