Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Yes it is.

Cool.

Thanks Robert. This came out on Sunday evening and I totally missed it.. I had to leave Dallas,... looking forward to getting it this weekend when I get back home.

BTW..what do I stand to lose if I uninstall the previous version and install the new one? Why are folks keeping the earlier version ones? Is it just for the livery that they may have? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The original Duke was my favoutite GA twin and v2 is a worthy successor, great job!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Cool.

Thanks Robert. This came out on Sunday evening and I totally missed it.. I had to leave Dallas,... looking forward to getting it this weekend when I get back home.

BTW..what do I stand to lose if I uninstall the previous version and install the new one? Why are folks keeping the earlier version ones? Is it just for the livery that they may have? 

Hi Manny,

V2 is essentially a different aircraft, because of the addition of many custom features V1 lacks. But some customers want to keep their favourite liveries and panel colours of V1. The two versions are not really compatible in this regard, so we do not remove V1 when installing V2. Later on we will provide revamped V1 colours and textures that can be used in V2 and thereafter there will be no need for the V1 to be on your system.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

About clickspots. Almost every complex aircraft could suffer from clickspot-itis. Some of these fits can be traced to simple things like forgetting to adjust or switch off all sorts of other software like camera addons which DIRECTLY interfere with well designed and well intended clickspots. There are other unexplained reasons which every developer, I assure you, works very hard to get to the bottom of. In our case we saw just very occasional clickspot errors, but INSTANTLY this can be cleared by simply doing this: Go to your control assignments in FSX and assign a key to this function:

Aircraft(RELOAD)

This INSTANTLY resets clickspots with no fuss and almost no inconvenience.

Press this key once and the Duke will reload in anything between one second and three seconds, depending on how much memory is clogged up with scenery and hundreds of other addons - and by the way if you have a large list of other addons, weather, maps, widgets, traffic, huge scenery LOD, huge textures, enormous stress on graphics and processor etc etc you can be hardly surprise that the actual aircraft....the thing that FSX is designed to operate, gets to be the last in the queue.

Basic things in FSX generally only start breaking down when the user pushes it to beyond its design limits.

I will have to get ready to try this ,,, but I never had a problem with the RA Dukes V1 or any other aircraft.

One of my last (short-terminated) flight in the RADuke V2 all was well getting the cockpit ready, takeoff, gear up level off a bit during departure ... then nothing in the cockpit could be selected on the panel or Garmins.

I had to abort the flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Please (Please everyone!!!) read the flying guide. Turn off crash detect and collision detection. This setting enables our custom suspension to work and the gear will then work normally. I can't emphasise enough that the flying guide is key to understanding hundreds of features that you might miss.

Rob, would it be possible to make the "old" Duke suspension a configuration option in an update?  Although I haven't encountered anything weird as a result of having collision detection turned ON, it sounds likely that I will run into something in the future as a result.  Generally I prefer to have crash/collision detection on for other airplanes.  It isn't like the chore of the century to go turn these off in the FSX.cfg file when I fly the new Duke, but simply as a matter of convenience, I actually didn't see a problem with the old Duke suspension, so I was wondering if that would be a viable option?  I'm not really sure if I'm seeing a detectable difference between the new and the old suspension, to be honest.  Meanwhile, I'll be editing my config file to turn off collision when using this airplane, as you suggest.

Rob, would it be possible to make the "old" Duke suspension a configuration option in an update?  Although I haven't encountered anything weird as a result of having collision detection turned ON, I'm sure I will run into something in the future as a result.  Generally I prefer to have crash/collision detection on for other airplanes.  It isn't like the chore of the century to go turn these off in the FSX.cfg file when I fly the new Duke, but simply as a matter of convenience, I actually didn't see a problem with the old Duke suspension, so I was wondering if that would be a viable option?

You have the option of soft suspension (we call it the grass suspension option) You can change this on the fly while running the Duke. I am not sure if this option with crash detect off will disable the struts or cause missing gear, but if it does we can always issue a small patch to address it. We advise keeping crash detect off anyway because it doesn't do anything useful except end the flight. Having it off also enables the Duke to do reasonably realistic gear up landings and even water ditching without ending the flight.

I will have to get ready to try this ,,, but I never had a problem with the RA Dukes V1 or any other aircraft.

One of my last (short-terminated) flight in the RADuke V2 all was well getting the cockpit ready, takeoff, gear up level off a bit during departure ... then nothing in the cockpit could be selected on the panel or Garmins.

I had to abort the flight.

As I said above reloading the aircraft with a quick Aircraft (Reload) command assigned to a button or key almost always clears the problem instantly.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Please (Please everyone!!!) read the flying guide.

In that regard, I'd just like to say that in addition to doing some of the best flying airplanes in FSX, RealAir's flying guides are also about the best in the business.  Clear, concise, well organized and easy to read.  No fluff, all stuff.

I'm as bad as anyone at RTFM, but I learned my lesson back when I started flying the Turbine Duke, at that time my first turbine plane in FSX - and no with turbine experience IRL, flying a turbine was pretty much a mystery to me.  The guide made it easy.

Rob's right - many of the questions being asked here are well covered in the guide.  It won't take that long to go through and it really is worth the few minutes it takes.

Kudos to you guys for excellent documentation in addition to a great new plane.

Scott

You know, I hated to do this, but I changed the Rudder_Effectiveness from 1.0 to 0.7 in the aircraft.cfg.

Well I finally settled on 0.5 myself. Feels pretty good now. Fly's great and the wood burl panel was worth the entrance fee alone for me :)

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

As I said above reloading the aircraft with a quick Aircraft (Reload) command assigned to a button or key almost always clears the problem instantly.

That worked for me.  I started FSX with the Duke on a new flight and the propellers were turning slowly.  A quick reset and everything was good. 

I wonder if you could pin an entry at the top of this thread that outlines the guidelines you've given throughout this thread.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

"Not that I support drinking (in moderation) and flying ;)"

:lol:  If you don't support drinking in moderation then you must either be a teetotaller or something else again! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

yea, I had the same issue with landing and the plane going crazy. I guess I didn't think crash detection would cause that. I'll reset that.

has anyone had problems with clickspots a la Flight 1 King air? I have it bad.

yea, I had the same issue with landing and the plane going crazy. I guess I didn't think crash detection would cause that. I'll reset that.

has anyone had problems with clickspots a la Flight 1 King air? I have it bad.

Hi Pocket watch, Please email us and we'll get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

I failed the critical engine after takeoff from 22N and was very pleased to find that the prop feathered as soon as I pulled the RPM lever to the feather detente.

I have prop RPM set to my slider axis on my X-52 Pro and the prop would not feather in V 1.5 until I bumped the keyboard "decrease RPM" a few times.

All in all I am very pleased and got my money's worth.

Donald

• Upvote 1