Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

Look at that vertical frame, note the length, width and angle etc.also there are 'flat' photos of Duke's windshield on the interweb. Don't look right to me.

Dirk.

So you comparing  a real world plane  to  a  pc  sim picture  not  taken  at the same  angel and  distance?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Picky.....to say the least.

Nice, so you'd rather start discussing me than the plane.

Dirk.

Short of reading every post in this thread, I have been unable to find an answer to a question asked earlier... is it necessary to uninstall the V1 before upgrading? The reason I ask is that both the upgrade and the 'full' version have both the same file sizes.. thanks fellas.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

So you comparing  a real world plane  to  a  pc  sim picture  not  taken  at the same  angel and  distance?

Definitely there's something else in fine arts beyond pure geometry. So I'd rather say it doesn't feel right when you look at the windshield, therefore don' t get me completely wrong. I won't add any more negative remarks to this thread as there are none left, no worries, RA's Duke has been one of the finest ga planes in FSX.

Dirk.

Short of reading every post in this thread, I have been unable to find an answer to a question asked earlier... is it necessary to uninstall the V1 before upgrading? The reason I ask is that both the upgrade and the 'full' version have both the same file sizes.. thanks fellas.

Not necessary. I installed my update as a new aircraft. Now both the old and new versions appear seperately in the aircraft GUI.

Hope this helps :)

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

No need, though be aware that you'll still have both sets of planes showing up.  The new B60s will be the last 5 in the list.

Scott

Dirk,

I apologise if my comment offended you. It's just that I don't see anything significantly wrong with the way that the Duke V2 VC looks when compared to the real thing.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Took it up for some stalls, slow flight and steep turns.  P-factor is quite pronounced in slow flight in turns.  I didn't do any rudder mod that others have talked about and in turns to the right I could only manage 2-3 degree turns to the right with the ball centered just above stall.  If you weaken the rudder it would make it more difficult.  Also, on takeoff the CHT holds right at the red line on takeoff at 64 degrees F OAT...doesn't go above it.  I'll have to try it in some hotter climates.

One question...does this airplane have engine deice?  H doesn't seem to do anything.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Picky.....to say the least.

Yeah but he's not the only one; the usual rivet counters have showed up to pick banal faults with an otherwise perfect model. :rolleyes:

I don't know why some people ever buy any add-ons, when even those close to perfection seem to disappoint.

Rockcliffe - You can indeed leave V1.5 in place, and intstall V2 as additional aircraft, however I can't really see the point.    As good as V1.5 was, it's unlikely you'll fly those models again once you've flown V2.

• Upvote 1

One question...does this airplane have engine deice? H doesn't seem to do anything.

Fuel injected aircraft don't have "carb heat" IRL, as there is no carb with its ice-prone venturi to have ice up.  The fact that carb heat (the 'h' key) has been required in FSX for FI planes is a long standing FSX bug that I believe was in the list of fixes for the new piston Duke version.

Obviously, FI planes can suffer from induction icing build-up under circumstances when you'd also be getting general airframe icing, but that's a different thing.  Carb icing can occur under a much broader set of conditions than airframe icing does.  Don't know what, if anything, the Duke offers for alternate induction source or de-icing IRL.

Scott

Not necessary. I installed my update as a new aircraft. Now both the old and new versions appear seperately in the aircraft GUI.

Hope this helps :)

Adam

Thanks Adam, appreciated...

No need, though be aware that you'll still have both sets of planes showing up.  The new B60s will be the last 5 in the list.

Scott

Thanks Scott, I'm off to upgrade my favourite plane!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Rockcliffe - You can indeed leave V1.5 in place, and intstall V2 as additional aircraft, however I can't really see the point.    As good as V1.5 was, it's unlikely you'll fly those models again once you've flown V2.

Obviously, FI planes can suffer from induction icing build-up under circumstances when you'd also be getting general airframe icing, but that's a different thing. Carb icing can occur under a much broader set of conditions than airframe icing does. Don't know what, if anything, the Duke offers for alternate induction source or de-icing IRL.

Thanks Scott.  I'd forgotten that it was fuel injected.  I'm doing much more northern flying these days and have gotten some engine icing so it's on my mind.  I've got some LUA for turning on/off the vent heat...have to figure out how to set that up.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM