Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

It's really great overall, except I have an annoying pop/click on each loop of the interior engine sounds... does anyone else get this?

I don't know which engine is the interior engine so I don't know what it should sound like.  Or maybe you are talking about how the engine sounds from inside the engine - don't know that either.

I haven't noticed any looping engine sounds at all but I have been pretty busy flying.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Gregg,

The tire screech sounds are there in the v2 Duke. If you grease it on, it sounds more like a kiss and is not very discernible. Try a little more airspeed and touch down a little harder and you will hear some very real-world sounding rubber hitting the concrete sounds. I think the RealAir tire sounds are more realistic than the Accu-feel sounds - where almost every landing sounds the same and they all sound like you are a student pilot.

Ray

Hmmm...that's interesting.  In a real airplane you'd feel it pretty good but, clearly, you don't get that in FSX.  I'll see if I can tune into the sound.  The other option might be to get a buttkicker.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Maybe I have done something wrong.

I am not sure there is WAAS in Europe at this point. WAAS I thought was available only in the US for the Garnin G530

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I don't think the RXP would have any such approaches for Europe, even if they exist as the RXP database is very old.

WAAS is North American (US including Hawaii plus Canada), and WAAS is what's implemented in the 430 and 530.  To Jwam, try locating a supported LPV approach in the US and it should work.  Haven't tried in the new v2 yet, but I've flown many with the v1 B60 and the Turbine Duke and they work fine.  Newer US and Canadian approaches may not be in the database version you have loaded, however.

Scott

You need a WAAS LPV approach to get vertical guidance. There is a list here of U.S. approaches:

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/service_units/techops/navservices/gnss/approaches/index.cfm

I don't think the RXP would have any such approaches for Europe, even if they exist as the RXP database is very old.

Thank you very much! :) And Manny too!

Well, I couldn't miss posting here that I am completely AMAZED by the quality of this add-on.

To anyone seriously after a TOP add-on, I can only encourage the acquisition. And... if you already own the original version, an upgrade is possible for only €16,95 !!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Only little problem (which may be caused by my noobness) : I have not been able to manage a RNAV approach with the RealityXP530. I set it on RNAV, set the autopilot on APP. I'm guided horizontally but not vertically, the glide slope indicator does not even turn on on NAV1.

Maybe I have done something wrong.

RNAV approaches can be LNAV (no vertical guidance) or LPV (vertical guidance - like ILS).

If you want to test an LPV approach, start at KTPA and select an RNAV approach to KTPA runway 36L via PIE.

Fly the approach at 2000 feet in NAV and ALT hold mode.

When the GNS flashes LPV and the HSI shows the glideslope, push APR on the autopilot. 

• Upvote 1

Bert

Gregg,

The tire screech sounds are there in the v2 Duke.  If you grease it on, it sounds more like a kiss and is not very discernible.  Try a little more airspeed and touch down a little harder and you will hear some very real-world sounding rubber hitting the concrete sounds. I think the RealAir tire sounds are more realistic than the Accu-feel sounds - where almost every landing sounds the same and they all sound like you are a student pilot.

Ray

Well spotted Ray. The tire sounds (well actually the descent rate vs tire sounds) can vary from barely a whisper to full on Squeal. You can also choose grass suspension which dampens the horrible uniform robotic ridges on FSX grass. You can also use the option of grass surface tire sounds which eliminate the chirp noise altogether. Or you can mix soft suspension with tarmac sounds. And you can vary the amount of jolt effect on landing. Almost all these effects can be tweaked to taste, but we start with them at a range that we felt was reasonably realistic.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

You can also use the option of grass surface tire sounds which eliminate the chirp noise altogether.

Sounds like I should disable parts of AccuFeel v2 to get the best out of the new duke?

I noticed that on takeoff that the cylinder head temp gets very close to red-line even with the cowl flaps open.  I was taking off from Midway at Chicago when I noticed it.  Is that normal for the Duke?  Truly don't know.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm getting the same spotlight shooting out from the sun in V2 as I do on the Legacy. Turning off VC Window Reflections and VC Window dirt gets rid of the problem, but I'd rather have some kind of reflections when flying. The Legacy, Duke V2, and Lionheart Fairchild are the only aircraft in my large hanger that display this phenomenon. Since I fly mostly in California, mornings and late afternoons, and the weather is clear more often than  not, this phenomenon is bothersome to me personally as the sun is always in line of sight. Is there any way you could talk to your texture guy about an alternative reflection texture that doesn't do this? Brilliant aircraft otherwise as usual :)

original.jpg

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

This is great news! The Duke has been one of my most favorite planes ever since it was released. Although I didn't think there was much to be improved, I look forward to my first flight is this a/c.

Tom McDonald

Great job RealAir!  After seeing this I cant wait to see what u do with the 172.  My only complaint is that I would like to see a slightly more used look to the aircraft.    RealAir, PMDG, Majestic, A2A, and Milviz just keep impressing me. Keep it up guys! 

Matt Wilson

Is the real Duke so light on the rudder?  Rob says that in version 1, turns required too much rudder to coordinate, and I read what he said about the revisions to make version 2 require less, and the changing of the ball physics.  I must say though that I'm having some trouble not skidding the aircraft, because this version 2 just requires literally a "touch" and nothing more than mere millimeters of movement.  It's not a matter of calibration curve, because my physical pedals correspond pretty much one for one linear with the virtual movement, just like I wish them to.   I guess I'll just have to get used to the new feel, but I'm definitely not doing the greatest job of centering the ball right now due to overcontrol, especially when coming out of the turns, back to wings level.

I'm enjoying this new airplane and glad I got it, but I went back and briefly flew Version 1 again, just to compare.  Version 1 was pretty damned good in it's own right, really, especially as it was released in 2008 or 9?

I can't I tell the difference between the V1.5 version and the V2.0? Both has the same texture reference and looking at the FSX aircraft selection menu nothing says V2.0 or V1.5. I'm confused. Should I of removed the 1.5 version before installing the 2.0?????

Plus in the 2.0 aircraft cfg there are 5 aircraft referenced, but there are 11 texture files in V2 folder. What happen to the rest??

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64