Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

We would like to. It is dependent on what the signs are that we could justify the time and investment.

I don't know if this is the kind of sign you're looking for, but here's my sign: $

I would certainly grab a copy of a Turbine Duke upgrade in a hearbeat.

• Upvote 1

We would like to. It is dependent on what the signs are that we could justify the time and investment.

I don't know what kind of sign your looking for, but here's my sign...

£

Many of my English pounds for your kindliness young Robert.

I don't know if this is the kind of sign you're looking for, but here's my sign: $

I would certainly grab a copy of a Turbine Duke upgrade in a hearbeat.

:O

Yes, an update for the Turbine Duke would be excellent! :smile:

Greetings

Tim

Thanks Tim.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Add me to the list for the Turbine Duke.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just landed at EGPC Wick in the Turbine Duke after visiting all of the airfields in the Orkneys. Most of my landings on the really short 1500 feet runways were a bit heavy for the "greaser purists", but that was because I was always concerned that I would overshoot the end! Ironically, my best landing at one of these very short runways was the first one at EGEF Fair Isle! I am sure that I will get better (and more confident) landing the Turbine Duke on ultra short runways as I get more practice. There are several hundred airports and airfields in my UK database, and I intend to visit the vast majority of them on this tour!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well took the plunge and so far  like it a lot. Seems very frame rate friendly to me.  Quick question when I lower the flaps, if I look out of the window, once fully down they tend to bob up and down a bit slightly ("flap around").  Is this normal?  Its like they are flapping a bit in the wind.

Not a real flyer so no idea if this is normal or not

Cheers

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

The flaps were modeled that way.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah I'd like a turbine upgrade too.

That plane is the definition of sexy

• Upvote 1

You will have to excuse my ignorance.  Did a flight in a "brand new aircraft"  and on landing only two wheels  would come down, that was fun!.  Anyway I almost ran out of fuel too, down to 2%.  Is there no "low fuel" warning light in this aircraft?

Cheers

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Just landed at EGPC Wick in the Turbine Duke after visiting all of the airfields in the Orkneys. Most of my landings on the really short 1500 feet runways were a bit heavy for the "greaser purists", but that was because I was always concerned that I would overshoot the end! Ironically, my best landing at one of these very short runways was the first one at EGEF Fair Isle! I am sure that I will get better (and more confident) landing the Turbine Duke on ultra short runways as I get more practice. There are several hundred airports and airfields in my UK database, and I intend to visit the vast majority of them on this tour!

For those that like to "know" or access how well they are landing or how well they turn, ascend and descend and how their passengers felt, REX Latitude can be fun with a plane modelled this well.

http://www.rexlatitude.com/Home/

While the financial system is not my cup o tea and the mutiplayer component never made the light of day, I love being able to assess my pilotage and have a log of all my flights and my skills. Last update added type ratings. If I rack up enough hours in thee Duke and maintain my proficiency level, I will get a type rating in it. Cute addition. Since I will be flying this beauty alot (along side the A2A cub), it should not take long to get the hours.

Only problem is, as you get higher in license, the tougher the scoring level is. And you don't get bonused for hand flying or landing in windy conditions. It does note the conditions but the score is not adjusted based on them. Otherwise, good fun.

Charles.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the information on the possible turbine development. So JJ was right after all. Well, we can make him being right.  B)  I read that, if the sales on the Duke update are good, a turbine overhaul is very likely.

Although I must say that she's very current for me as she already came with the extra options on the more used looks and things like the random failures. Ok, maybe the new landing lights would be cool. However, news on some other (new) Realair planes are equally welcome I'd say.

To be honest, I liked that the Dukes featured the VC rain effect. If it's possible, please keep that, Robert. :smile:

Although I must say that she's very current for me as she already came with the extra options on the more used looks and things like the random failures. Ok, maybe the new landing lights would be cool. However, news on some other (new) Realair planes are equally welcome I'd say.

I still don't know if I'm imagining the taxi improvements but I do find that the new B60 is far more taxi-able than any other airplane that I own.  Further, in crosswind landings, the airplane does touchdown and 'follow the wheels' instead of sliding as if the runway is covered with ice as the other airplanes I've tried tough crosswind landings with.  I took it up with the intention of testing how the wheel traction did on crosswind landings.  With a 20 knot direct crosswind it did handle reasonably...probably the only airplane that I have that does.  Perhaps it's even a little overdone but it's far more like real than I've seen before. 

Another 'weirdity' I've noticed that I don't know where it comes from is this:  flying in the real world I sometimes had airplanes that developed the 'leans'...wanting, without any control input, to make a gentle turn.  I don't know if it was from fuel sloshing in the tanks or an updraft on one side or what.  The new B60 does the same thing to me sometimes.  Again, don't know if it's intentional or something I'm imagining but it models something that happens RW and I haven't seen any other airplane in FSX ever do it.  Sometimes I hesitate to mention it...you shrug and go, if I'm imagining it, whatever.  At least it feels right.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I find piston twins pretty easy to land.   You have induced lift from props blasting directly over the wings, so when you pull the power you will drop.  You can use this to your advantage and really hit your spots.  I thought the Duchess/Seminole was easier to spot land then a 172.  Likewise if you want a softer landing in a Duke, keep the power on longer and don't cut too quickly.

Cheers

TJ  

+1

I can't speak for RA but if it is a tiny bit off it may have been a tradeoff to get the std rate turn working perfectly.

+1         ...... and a very worthy trade off.