Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

I'm still trying to decide what Reality XP combination I like best, aesthetically!

Funny you should mention this, as this may be the plane that finally gets me to buy the $100 "crossfill" license so that I can use 2 530s, rather than the 430/530 combo I'm using now, and I'm almost embarrassed to say that it's at least partly about the aesthetics. There's so much space in the center of the panel, that I want to fill it with something more.  The images I've seen with 2 530s just look right.  Oh, I'd like to have the capabilities of two crossfilled 530s, but who am I kidding!

How shallow can I get! :-)

Scott

Funny you should mention this, as this may be the plane that finally gets me to buy the $100 "crossfill" license so that I can use 2 530s, rather than the 430/530 combo I'm using now, and I'm almost embarrassed to say that it's at least partly about the aesthetics. There's so much space in the center of the panel, that I want to fill it with something more. The images I've seen with 2 530s just look right. Oh, I'd like to have the capabilities of two crossfilled 530s, but who am I kidding!

How shallow can I get! :-)

Scott

Hold out for weather radar! :)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

No please don't let this be true...thinking of pulling the trigger on this one.

Just a suggestion, but I am using the the freebee Sun Glare Mod from the Moqwai Shade forum, and it has mostly eliminated the same issue for the Legacy. 

Ahhh ok coo! Will google it and try it out. Was beginning to think I was the only one on the planet this bothered. Big thanks for the tip!

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I must have missed something - how do you change the instrument panel to a different color? I see several optional panel textures in the files, but nothing about them in the configuration tool.

Dale

Dale

I love this aircraft and just completed the first leg of my Uk tour, Edinburgh to Newcastle.

BUT...and it´s a big BUT!

On approach to Newcastle, I lost all my VC clickspots!  Exactly the same issue I have with the A2A C172.  After 3 patches from them I have put that aircraft in the hanger.  

So this is something that PMDG saw during Beta testing of the 777 and fixed.  They informed A2A of their fix, which A2A applied but it didn´t really help. A2A now have 3 patches and hot fix that seems to be tracking down the issue...slowly, and now the Realair Piston V2 gave the issue.

To resolve it I had to alt tab out and back in, then all was fine.  :(

I also lost my click spots once. I was in full screen. I just hit alt/enter to go to windows mode then again to get back to full screen and my click spots returned. It only happened on the one flight.

Congrats to the Real Air team I just love the black with a walnut dash version. A touch of class.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

No please don't let this be true...thinking of pulling the trigger on this one.

Just a suggestion, but I am using the the freebee Sun Glare Mod from the Moqwai Shade forum, and it has mostly eliminated the same issue for the Legacy. 

Ok is this it? http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10000-sunglare-vc-tweak-re-purposing-fsxes-lensflare-effect/

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I must have missed something - how do you change the instrument panel to a different color? I see several optional panel textures in the files, but nothing about them in the configuration tool.

Dale

I've looked at it, and it appears that that you just put the path to the preferred panel texture folder at the top of the texture.cfg file inside your main external paint sub-directory. 

Different panels are associated with different liveries.  You can change this by editing the texture.cfg file associated with each livery if you want.

Scott

Am I the only one getting a low end wind/rumble type sound sitting in a cold and dark cockpit?

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Big :good:

May not be for everyone, but for me, it is a must have now.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Big :good:

May not be for everyone, but for me, it is a must have now.

Roger that. Thanks again Marc :Peace:

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Well, I tried and tried and tried to keep the plastic locked away, but as anyone with a Realair aircraft will tell you. resistance is futile;-)))

Great Video Rob, thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

About clickspots. Almost every complex aircraft could suffer from clickspot-itis. Some of these fits can be traced to simple things like forgetting to adjust or switch off all sorts of other software like camera addons which DIRECTLY interfere with well designed and well intended clickspots. There are other unexplained reasons which every developer, I assure you, works very hard to get to the bottom of. In our case we saw just very occasional clickspot errors, but INSTANTLY this can be cleared by simply doing this: Go to your control assignments in FSX and assign a key to this function:

Aircraft(RELOAD)

This INSTANTLY resets clickspots with no fuss and almost no inconvenience.

Press this key once and the Duke will reload in anything between one second and three seconds, depending on how much memory is clogged up with scenery and hundreds of other addons - and by the way if you have a large list of other addons, weather, maps, widgets, traffic, huge scenery LOD, huge textures, enormous stress on graphics and processor etc etc you can be hardly surprise that the actual aircraft....the thing that FSX is designed to operate, gets to be the last in the queue.

Basic things in FSX generally only start breaking down when the user pushes it to beyond its design limits.

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

resistance is futile

In this case I would have to agree ... as much as I love the more complex aircraft like the Q-400 and the 777, I always find myself going to the Duke when I just wanna do a quick flight and have a nice glass of Cabernet while flying and enjoy my flight plan!!  Not that I support drinking (in moderation) and flying ;)

Great Video Rob, thx!

Welcome, just had to show my enthusiasm for the Duke ... it's all good in DX10 and supports my GoFlight modules.  Again, big thank you to RealAir.

Rob