Sign in to follow this  
Swen

FMC Message but there is no message

Hello Pilots,

i have a strange problem and i dont understand how i can resolve it. I get FMC Message, but there is no FMC Message in FMC. I switch thru all pages, but no message appear...

Thats why i'm confused. I think the last deleted message will not delete EICAS Message. If i get the next message, FMC Message will be clear...

This happens to me now more then three times in hole of my 150h of flight. So i can't reproduce this error...

You need to pay attention and clear the message first before you move on to a new screen otherwise yes that message will stay on the window

Did you read his post?

I get FMC Message, but there is no FMC Message in FMC. I switch thru all pages, but no message appear...

He doesn't have a message in his FMC, how hard is that to understand? I also experience this bug from time to time.

I saw this today for the first time, using a modified panel state. Up till now I've only used the preset panel states. Not sure if this is connected, but custom panel states can produce weird effects like Master Caution when there is no Caution. Hopefully SP1 will sort this out.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I got this once or twice, as Kevin said it seemed to be tied to a bad panel state. A workaround if you get it which worked for me is to force an FMC message, then clear it. For example, go to the perf init page and set the reserves to like 999 or something stupidly high. This will give you "Insufficient Fuel", clear that, then set the reserves back to the normal amount. For me this cleared the EICAS message

Steve Caffey

Hmm... Seen this a few times too, but not sure when/why it occurred.

Best regards,

Robin.

Is it possible these messages are occurring in states derived from the "777 Cold & Dark" panel state?  Seems to me I was getting them earlier but when I made sure I was not using a panel state derived from the C & D one, known to have bugs, it stopped happening.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

No - I created my own panel state before I was even aware there was an issue with the C&D state.

Thing is the FMC MESSAGE EICAS alert should disappear if the trigger condition vanishes. It requires you to press CANC, and if you press RCL you see the alert message, which is wrong.

There is a phantom message in the FMC somewhere.

Best regards,

Robin.

Same thing.  :mellow:

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Is it possible these messages are occurring in states derived from the "777 Cold & Dark" panel state?  Seems to me I was getting them earlier but when I made sure I was not using a panel state derived from the C & D one, known to have bugs, it stopped happening.

Mike

Not in my case. I use the default panel state.