Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Allensworth

USER WARNINGS AND ACTIONS

Every site that runs a forum software like ours allows the administrators to use "warning" systems and points collections to manage the community. We have recently revamped our system and want everyone to be aware of it, and the types of actions that will result in warning points given. Here are the points and reasons, and the consequences.

Each offense has a time assigned to the warning; that is, one offense may have a 90 days period where the points given stay. After 90 days, those points are automatically removed. Point are additive. That is, if a person receives a warning with 2 points and 90 days, and then on the 60th day, gets another 5 points added, then the action for an accumulated 7 points is taken. In this instance, once the 7 point warning points is achieved, the user is suspended for 14 days.

We have brought this system more into the mainstream in order to assign some graduated approach to dealing with problematic users, rather than the simple banning system (which, if the breaking of our Terms of Service is egregious enough, will happen too).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

read and understood :)

will people be told how many points they have against them ??

Hello

what exactly is considered as copyright violation ?

Regards

Read our Terms of Service (which you should have done when you registered - you did agree to them after all).

Hello

what exactly is considered as copyright violation ?

Regards

You just got your first 2 points for not reading the ToS.

You just got your first 2 points for not reading the ToS.

Hadn't thought of that one. Maybe we should incorporate that. :Big Grin:

Read our Terms of Service (which you should have done when you registered - you did agree to them after all).

i know , i know . guys its a LONG list of rules you cant expect me to remember what has been mentioned and what hasn't . and by the way i think that as long as you're a member in this forum who respects everyone and the rules  you are in the safe zone .  

Regards  B)

If they were, or an up-to-the-minute "league table" is published, I suspect users might chance to push their limits, defeating the object.

as long as you're a member in this forum who respects everyone and the rules you are in the safe zone .

Exactly.

When a user gets a warning, he is told why, how many points were assigned and what action has been taken. In order to post again, anywhere on the forum, he has to acknowledge the warning. So yes, users will know why they have been warned and how many points were assigned. It is up to the individual to keep track of how many points they have collected during a given period of time. We are not baby sitters after all.

That's fair. So can we have a league table then? Only joking :smile:

Holy cow... feels just like getting points on my Driver's License :O

Gotta watch my rear view mirror. :P

Holy cow... feels just like getting points on my Driver's License :O

Gotta watch my rear view mirror. :P

You might want to include both side mirrors and the dash cam. :Big Grin:

Dang Tom you spoiled my next Time Magazine special edition when PMDG releases the 744v2 :lol:  I was planning on having a bunch of hot naked women surrounding the brand new bird parked on the tarmac gracing the cover.  I guess that idea is out the window now as I would have gotten 10 points and a one-way ticket outta here B)

I'll have to switch to "plan B" :P

Dang Tom you spoiled my next Time Magazine special edition when PMDG releases the 744v2 :lol:  I was planning on having a bunch of hot naked women surrounding the brand new bird parked on the tarmac gracing the cover.  I guess that idea is out the window now as I would have gotten 10 points and a one-way ticket outta here B)

I'll have to switch to "plan B" :P

LOL... The system has always been there... We just missed the opportunity to use it on YOU. :lol:

And, strategically placed black out banners would probably help your cause. But, I do want to see the uncensored version... :Big Grin:

And, strategically placed black out banners would probably help your cause. But, I do want to see the uncensored version...

Never thought of that....great idea :Big Grin:

So, if at the end of the year we (I) still have all our (my) points I hope we (I) can redeemed them for some flying miles....

avion.gif

So, if at the end of the year we (I) still have all our (my) points I hope we (I) can redeemed them for some flying miles....

avion.gif

Yep, Tom's the one to talk to, he probably still has a gazillion of them from UA.

I vaguely remember getting a few warning points. I don't even recall what for. I don't remember writing any nasty posts or anything. I'm usually quite civil.

I vaguely remember getting a few warning points. I don't even recall what for. I don't remember writing any nasty posts or anything. I'm usually quite civil.

You sure you weren't misbehaving somewhere else, cause you don't show any points here.

You sure you weren't misbehaving somewhere else, cause you don't show any points here.

Not sure. Thought it happened last year sometime (around Flight's launch), but I could be mistaken.

Not sure. Thought it happened last year sometime (around Flight's launch), but I could be mistaken.

Well, do you remember how many points there were? I can always give you some if you insist. :ph34r:

Well, do you remember how many points there were? I can always give you some if you insist. :ph34r:

It's okay. Don't worry about it.

When rules are being introduced or reinforced: Things usually have gone south already ....

And people who have to learn and to remember rules in the first place to interact on a community forum, well ...

Tom -

Just curious, (not worried about myself) but will there be any sort of an appeals process? Maybe a user posts something that a mod may find abusive and assigns points to them. However maybe that was not the intention of the users post. The problem at times is the "intent" of the message may get lost in translation so to speak. This is more so on this board with users from all over the world. There IMO should be a method for a user to appeal any points. What one mod may find offensive is not necessarily what another may think. Very subjective.

So this means the end of the drakonian "no-tolerance" system you used to have? Also, what does an "EULA Violation" mean?