Sign in to follow this  

I stopped flying

Hmm... I can understand the thought behind not wanting to burn out and spoil something new, but oh man - I never have enough time for flying.  I suppose it helps to have several different areas of interest; right now I can't decide between getting my new paint for the DC-3 off of my laptop to my desktop and flying that, doing a bit of flying in the Cera UH-60, getting AICarriers2 set back up so I can do some trapping in the new version of Dino's F-14, starting to learn Milviz's 737 in depth, firing up the Q400 for a bit longer flight, finally installing the finished package for the Twin Otter and doing some flying in that, or simply kicking back in something like the 172 for a nice leisurely flight around home.

Whew.  Of course, what'll probably happen is that I'll mess around on here for a bit, SOH for a bit, check for any new paints for the few current things I've been flying, and then by the my son will be up from his nap or mom will be home from her haircut and I'll have to stop for now and restart the whole process over tonight. :)

Nail on the head comment of the week! :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

This is what Jeroen needs  :-

http://secure.simmarket.com/layernet-bungee-jumping-simulator.phtml

:lol:

:lol:  I wonder if someone actually bought that game...???!?!?!? ^_^ No, I am playing WRC 4 right now, and also Pool Nation, which both are enjoyable games. Even bought Battlefield 3 (not 4) to see if I would enjoy it (after not playing games like that for a few years). It's okay as long as it doesn't lock up... B)

I do :lol:   Ship Simulator Extreme is actually very fun and relaxing.  I even bought the new FSX NORDHAVN 86 MOTOR YACHT

Wait, that's for FSX? Wow.

And don't worry on the ship sim remarks. Was purely meant as :P . To outsiders, us sim folks may well be the very same bunch. And I think I even have some submarine time.

Take up golf.  After whacking in the weeds for a few rounds you will go running back to flightsimming.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Anyone else who also lost interest in FSX and who is waiting for Prepar3D...?

Man I don't see P3D 2.0 will be that different at all, so you may be setting yourself up for a real flop by having way too high of expectations.  You might try FSPax or the other one from HiFi that can get you into pilot role playing as it were, if you haven't already gone this route, it can give a little more purpose beyond flying itself.  Always ok to take a break anyway.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Try DCS World, it's free with the SU-25T included & if you are fast you'll get the BAE HAWK that is in open beta for a month. Why not try to learn fly helicopters the proper way, you've got the UH-1 Huey or Mi-8.

Don't let the combat flightsim label fool you, allot of people flying formation, aerobatics, races, group flights on-line :Peace:

About your situation: you seem to suffer from an luxury-problem :wink: 

Spend most of my time in DCS World and Race On.  I have just got tired of FSX.  Not the problems but the lack of challenge.  I bought the PMDG 777 and found it boring, it was promised not to be a big 737 but that exactly how it feels to me, there is no emotion in it, I struggle to stay away landing the thing!

DCS World is something different and better in so many area´s.

I am waiting for P3D v2 as well.

-Iain Watson-

Can't help but wonder, if some of the problem, is the Type of Aircraft your always flying ??

and Scenery ??

If all you want to do is Fly say the 737 or 777 Jetliners at 30,000 to 40,000 ft level, and look out the windows, that's rather redundt and boring.

Maybe try flying older Propliners, like the DC-3 , DC-6 , Lockheed Constellation , maybe a Freeware Flying Boat or some sort of Sea Plane from a freeware developer or Carenado !!

I took up Flying around the South Pacific to all kinds of Destinations, and with the help of Pacific Island Simulations Payware Scenery ( http://www.islandsim.com/index.html ) at an affordable price, its been more enjoyable than being at those crowded Big City Airports.

Nauru Intl. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW93Xziz5K0

Also found a few really decent Freeware Scenery for the South Pacific too ! for FSX .

I also like to make Screen Shots and Video's too.

Basically, I don't like walking in the same Mud Puddle all the time, so I Puddle Hop around to different Puddles to check em' out, I guess you'd call me a Puddle Jumper !

Jetranger.

fsx2013-07-1307-16-40-55_zps20a02455.jpg

:LMAO:

Now Jeroen, as Dave said, sort yourself out. :lol:  We can help you through this. Now what if P3D v2.0 turns out to be a disappointment ? You could end up walking away from FS altogether!!! Well, we can't have that my friend, You could end up downloading Railworks, or even worse, take up embroidery.

listen to your mates, hop off to Norway, and take off, you know it makes sense. "He who dares wins" 

And what! pray tell is wrong with "Railworks"? <_<

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

And what! pray tell is wrong with "Railworks"? <_<

Absolutely nothing. It was tongue n cheek. I have TS2014, and  just got the Pacific Surfliner. So when I take a break from flying, I hop in a Dash 9 and haul some freight.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Stop flying FSX for P3D V2???

Why? P3D is NOT THE FUTURE!!!!!!!

X PLANE Is.......! ( Well, according to Froogle it is).

So stop flying FSX and Start flying X Plane!!! Forget about 3DP or whatever it is.

can , open, worms.... lol!

Just kidding : )

B.

Flying P3D or XPX64 means I lose RXP compatibility. That sucks. It also means I'm filing /A on flight plans unless I've got a navigraph plane....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I probably am a bit nuts but I wondered if there are more people who have the same 'problem' as I do.

For a few weeks already I didn't touch FSX. Why? Because of the upcoming P3D 2.0.

I have a weird habit that when I know something new is coming, I don't want to spoil the fun before it has been released. Like Norway. I have awesome freeware Norway scenery but when Orbx announced FTX Norway South I stopped flying there because 1. I really want to have FTX Norway South and 2. I was afraid I would get bored with Norway if I would go on flying there. So I started flying elsewhere. (I have to add I returned to Norway anyway after a week because I didn't like 'elsewhere' ^_^ ).

I also have this with other stuff, like music software. I use Cakewalk's Sonar and when a new version has been announced I almost always stop making music and wait for the new version because I am afraid that if I keep on making music with the old version, I will be sick and tired of making music by the time the new version has arrived. Yeah, I told you I was a bit nuts! B)

So that's why I stopped flying... I fear that if I continue flying in FSX I will be bored with it all by the time Prepar3D 2.0 has been released and I don't want that to happen!

Anyone else who also lost interest in FSX and who is waiting for Prepar3D...? ^_^

Nope...no interest lost, but much anticipated hope for the big 'P'.   Until it is released...it is vaporware.  I just bought a simple texture set for Xplane (modest cost) that totally changed the immersion level for that product...and as 3rd party wizards keep pumping out great offerings, I see no reason to pick one over the other platforms.  I truly fly on the first-cup-of-coffee method.  I put the cup on the computer desk...and then choose the platform on how I 'feel' about what's to be accomplished in the flight that morning. :)   Try it...it really works...after the first awakening sip... LOL!   Seriously though....I enjoy all of them, for each of their highlights and strengths.  If I can't migrate everything over from FSX that I have dropped coin on...then I'd rather drop coin on another hard drive, and keep all of them, with my present FSX installation alongside the P3D, when it is released.  No loss, and no waste.  Storage is at an historic all time low per GB.  Have it all...and press DELETE on nothing..... :)  Good morning, all!

Mitch'er