Sign in to follow this  

I stopped flying

I also have this with other stuff, like music software. I use Cakewalk's Sonar and when a new version has been announced I almost always stop making music and wait for the new version because I am afraid that if I keep on making music with the old version, I will be sick and tired of making music by the time the new version has arrived. Yeah, I told you I was a bit nuts!^

Hah, I'm still happily using X1 after still being bombarded with emails/ads from Cakewalk about X2/X3.

LOL Good to see I am not the only one and also fun to see some totally don't get it. :P ^_^

BTW It's not that I've given up on FSX completely: if P3D 2.0 turns out to be a disappointment I will be back to FSX in no time (like FSX > MS Flight... > FSX!!!), but I just want to make sure I am not totally bored with flightsimming before P3D 2.0 is here. ^_^ I also have to say I've got some other games I am enjoying right now (after not really playing any other games than FSX for what seems like years). I'm not sure if I am only playing those games because I don't want to fly anymore or if I also don't fly anymore because I want to play those games... :rolleyes:

@J van E: Don´t you have some kind of work to keep you occupied about a bit more important issues, like money, food on da table, vifey, dog, cat, parrot, kids, etc. etc.??

:P

I stopped flying/tweaking/updating/reinstalling FSX, because I wait for the P3D V2 Holy Grail to appear, and surely I will be disappointed.

I spent a few weeks trying something new, island hopping around Hawaii with Ultimate Traffic 2 AI and the great Real Air Duke v2. But then I just went back to my usual. No AI and flying around in big iron. So in a way, I do change what I am doing, but only when I'm angry because FSX crashes! Luckily I think I found the cause of all my OOM errors.

@J van E sounds like you got a bad case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) xD. I know the feels man, happened to me a few weeks ago when I got Samplitude Pro X. I stopped making music in Reaper only to prepare new tracks in Samplitude. It even happened with FSX where I stopped playing weeks because I didn't want to ruin the experience for P3D. I'm happily back to FSX now but I'm having the same old problem where I don't really do flights anymore. I do short circuits with the default flight but that's about it. The reason, I'm waiting for FSL's A320. I know it's irrational but the mind wants what the mind wants.

I've eased off of flight simulation for the time being too.  It's good to take a break from things.  I got caught up in a bunch of fall chores like the yardwork, plus getting back to some other hobbies that are taking up a substantial portion of my free time and provide a needed change of pace.  FSX is still there, and we'll see what P3D brings!

:LMAO:

Now Jeroen, as Dave said, sort yourself out. :lol:  We can help you through this. Now what if P3D v2.0 turns out to be a disappointment ? You could end up walking away from FS altogether!!! Well, we can't have that my friend, You could end up downloading Railworks, or even worse, take up embroidery.

Brilliant! :lol:

I think ultimately what is being described here just comes down (perhaps) to over-analysis, and taking the hobby a bit too serious, as we all do from time to time (I include myself in that!).

Just enjoy what you have.  Live in the present.    you do not know whether P3D will be a source of happiness or frustration yet.    It's not out there yet.    When we try to live in the future; in that which we do not know of yet, we deal in mental strain.       Enjoy the fine simulator you have now, and the fine aircraft, sceneries and utilities that you have now.

Leave the future for another day.

Best regards,

Mr Miyagi.

41589_126876180677183_2321_n.jpg

I'm in the same boat. I went away on vacation figuring after a few weeks I would be itching for a long flight. Sat down in front of the screen this morning and lost interest after an hour. Waiting for something new.

What's with some other games, Jeroen? Trucks, trains or space vehicles like in KSP? Wait, I didn't mention ships.  :O  Now who plays ship sims, seriously? :P Next thing you tell me is that folks are driving submarines.

Keeps you busy and flexible while waiting for new purchases or just reviews.

Hmm... I can understand the thought behind not wanting to burn out and spoil something new, but oh man - I never have enough time for flying.  I suppose it helps to have several different areas of interest; right now I can't decide between getting my new paint for the DC-3 off of my laptop to my desktop and flying that, doing a bit of flying in the Cera UH-60, getting AICarriers2 set back up so I can do some trapping in the new version of Dino's F-14, starting to learn Milviz's 737 in depth, firing up the Q400 for a bit longer flight, finally installing the finished package for the Twin Otter and doing some flying in that, or simply kicking back in something like the 172 for a nice leisurely flight around home.

Whew.  Of course, what'll probably happen is that I'll mess around on here for a bit, SOH for a bit, check for any new paints for the few current things I've been flying, and then by the my son will be up from his nap or mom will be home from her haircut and I'll have to stop for now and restart the whole process over tonight. :)

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

My word I have a hanger full of planes that I want to put morr hours on and with Steves dirextx 10 fixer plus orbx global finally a sim that looks awesome all over the world.

Then there's DCS and DCS WWII which I've put some money into, I don't have time to take time off!!!! :)

@ J van E

Most important - flying is, well flying. It is an addiction, a hobby, we share a sheer enthusiasm about it. If you are a  real simmer you can't be bored by it, no way. You have the whole planet to explore, many brilliant planes, etc. But, you can be over saturated by simming, that's for sure. I was 3-4 years ago. When you are over saturated, it's easy to stop simming or whatever, finding number of excuses easily (P3D 2.0 in your case). When I'm over saturated by FSX, I can find many reasons why FSX is - annoying, pointless, and even waste of time. But after few months or a year of break, that reasons doesn't bother me at all, I enjoy flying to the max.

So mate, as I said, you are over saturated by it, don't worry it happens to all of us. :P

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.