Sign in to follow this  

I stopped flying

I'm totally burned out on FSX at the moment. I still have tons of add-on stuff to finish but I just can't make myself do it.

Probably time to throw the towel for good...

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I'm totally burned out on FSX at the moment. I still have tons of add-on stuff to finish but I just can't make myself do it.

Probably time to throw the towel for good...

If you feel that way...you probably DO need to hit delete, and then go fishing... :)

If you feel that way...you probably DO need to hit delete, and then go fishing... :)

I'm waiting for FlightGear's revamped world scenery. Maybe it's the final spark.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Can't help but wonder, if some of the problem, is the Type of Aircraft your always flying ??

and Scenery ??

Just got back to (virtual) USA after a month flying in Argentina. Was getting a little burnt out hanging around SE USA in the PC-21 so took a flying vacay. Went to couple of dozen airports (scenery downloaded from flightsimargentina), flew 10-20 hours in 3 planes that have sat idle in the hangar for way too long. My home base only had an NDB instrument approach.

Do something different. I even drove a FSX military truck around Morocco for a couple of weeks. Look up "Orion" in the library and fly a spaceship.

I was in the same boat yesterday afternoon...even though having just discovered Jahn Manfred's incredible C-47, and buying the Duke V2 and flying both of them around Orbx Iceland demo. I just needed to step away for awhile, took the dogs to the park, breathed some fresh air, and I think I gained maybe one more year of life out of it.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Absolutely nothing. It was tongue n cheek. I have TS2014, and  just got the Pacific Surfliner. So when I take a break from flying, I hop in a Dash 9 and haul some freight.

Nice one mate, we are definitely on the same page :wink:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Every now and then I take a break from FSX. It's not that I don't like it or I'm bored it's just that something else takes interest, like creating music as you do, or I just need a change from the same daily routine that I fall into. You know... eat, work, eat, work, eat, fsx, sleep and repeat. I take a break for a week or so and then go back into it and find it fun all over again. To make it more interesting try learning about the places you fly too or check them out on Google Earth while you are at cruise level. I would get bored with flying in one area, too. I'm all over the world throughout the year.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

Every now and then I take a break from FSX. It's not that I don't like it or I'm bored it's just that something else takes interest, like creating music as you do, or I just need a change from the same daily routine that I fall into. You know... eat, work, eat, work, eat, fsx, sleep and repeat. I take a break for a week or so and then go back into it and find it fun all over again. To make it more interesting try learning about the places you fly too or check them out on Google Earth while you are at cruise level. I would get bored with flying in one area, too. I'm all over the world throughout the year.

+1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Pe11e, on 04 Nov 2013 - 1:48 PM, said:

+1

+2

I also enjoy catching up on reading while up in the virtual skies, as I might up in the real skies, so will set up a flight, open up something I'm studying or enjoying otherwise and read away until it's time for descent. I imagine most users who fly airliners do this sort of thing. I've recently also explored the actual locations by reading up about them on Wiki, Google Earth, etc, Good stuff!

My latest adventure involves departure from my little airport in town, to the neighboring small airport, and from there I fly to KSFO in the J41 and all of this OTW to Tierra Del Fuego Province, Argentina. Picking out some very interesting places in the Andes and along the west side of SA. Good stuff!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I probably am a bit nuts but I wondered if there are more people who have the same 'problem' as I do.

For a few weeks already I didn't touch FSX. Why? Because of the upcoming P3D 2.0.

I have a weird habit that when I know something new is coming, I don't want to spoil the fun before it has been released. Like Norway. I have awesome freeware Norway scenery but when Orbx announced FTX Norway South I stopped flying there because 1. I really want to have FTX Norway South and 2. I was afraid I would get bored with Norway if I would go on flying there. So I started flying elsewhere. (I have to add I returned to Norway anyway after a week because I didn't like 'elsewhere' ^_^ ).

I also have this with other stuff, like music software. I use Cakewalk's Sonar and when a new version has been announced I almost always stop making music and wait for the new version because I am afraid that if I keep on making music with the old version, I will be sick and tired of making music by the time the new version has arrived. Yeah, I told you I was a bit nuts! B)

So that's why I stopped flying... I fear that if I continue flying in FSX I will be bored with it all by the time Prepar3D 2.0 has been released and I don't want that to happen!

Anyone else who also lost interest in FSX and who is waiting for Prepar3D...? ^_^

You always make me scratch my head when I read your posts LOL. Well not all the time. I just moved over to P3D awhile ago and I can hardly wait. If there is anything out there on the horizon that is going to make it better I never lose interest.

Bob

You always make me scratch my head when I read your posts LOL.

LOL I take that as a huge compliment. ^_^

LOL I take that as a huge compliment. ^_^

Indeed, you always have kept me thinking and motivated, and you have contributed so much. I was glad to hear you were just waiting and "Not giving Up"

Regards

Bob

Take up golf.  After whacking in the weeds for a few rounds you will go running back to flightsimming.

Either that, or else you'll get bitten by the golf bug.

If that happens, well... if you thought FlightSim was bad, golf is much, much worse!

:O  Aliens_borg_assimilation_faces_zps5460df

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I use Cakewalk's Sonar and when a new version has been announced I almost always stop making music and wait for the new version because I am afraid that if I keep on making music with the old version, I will be sick and tired of making music by the time the new version has arrived.

It sounds like you are in need of constant change ... if so, I recommend you pick up coding using Microsoft's platforms and you'll be treated to a constant and never ending "technology of the day" ... so much change in so short a period of time that it might actually make you want to get back to FSX :)  

As far as Cakewalk Sonar ... I've been debating to upgrade to Sonar X3 Producer ... but I can't find anything in it I really need (I've been using Cakewalk from the very early DOS days and have a friend that used to code for them until he moved to EA).  So, what's in Sonar X3 that's a must have?  And more importantly, what's in it that will help me compose faster with better quality?  I typically use Sonar X2 for composition of music for work and/or videos I do ... mostly work with existing samples and arrange/modify them (I play the keyboard but at an amateur level).  What I found slow/awkward in Sonar X2 is search for sample sets (this process was MUCH easier in Logic Pro on the Apple side) that match in tempo and also no ability to build a set of favorites and/or rate the samples.

But if you really want to stay busy, take up Auto racing ;)

I only hope P3D V2 delivers on your expectations ... from the screen shots I've seen, it doesn't look drastically different to me (and when I compare it to 3D shooters like COD Ghosts it's far from that level of quality and refinement - but that's almost 1000 people working on parts of a projects).  I don't typically play 3D shooters, I buy the top tier ones as a study of what they've been able to accomplish graphically (the theme of this games are always the same, run, jump, shoot, cover, press A now) and test out how my hardware responds.

I'm flying FSX with the DX10 fix and loving it.  Performance is up.  Visuals are stunning. Flight models are far better with fluid performance. 

Colin