Sign in to follow this  
peter11

Taxi2Gate Mexico City

I've had no issues with this scenery.  CYVY (FSDT) into MMMX with T7 and NGX, brilliant.  Sorry I can't help.  Hope you can get it sorted.

Jas

Why do you think it is everyone is wanting a 64bit version of FSX? The reason is so we can get rid of that dreaded 4GB limit.

I'm not convinced that everyone does want a 64 bit version. If so, sales of XPlane would now be going through the roof, surely?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I'm not convinced that everyone does want a 64 bit version. If so, sales of XPlane would now be going through the roof, surely?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I would say you're quite wrong on that. With that extra VAS head room it would offer 16GB - 512GB over the measly 4GB we currently have (depending on the version of 64bit OS you are using). So why wouldn't we want a 64bit version of FSX?

Not to mention once P3DV2 becomes a 64bit application (as it is in development) and they iron the kinks out it will be quickly become the simulator of choice.

As for XPlane, some users swear by it. But it is not FSX....

they pretty much went from Imaginesim to Fly Tampa lite in such a short period.

Which sceneries of theirs are the later? Might have to check some of these out before the sale ends today.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Which sceneries of theirs are the later? Might have to check some of these out before the sale ends today.

http://secure.simmarket.com/taxi2gate.mhtml

There are their sceneries that are available on Simmarket and it also includes their release dates.  I think it's safe to say that MMMX Xtreme is their flagship, but MCO is their newest.  I've heard really good things about MCO, too.

Everything recent from George F. L. Charles airport and E. T. Joshua aiport, to the latest KMCO have been a massive step up from them. I don't have LZIB, but the others are great: http://secure.simmarket.com/taxi2gate.mhtml

LZIB is a must have

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How are MHTG and KSTL? Those are probably the other two I'd consider besides KMCO and MMMX right now.

I only have the LatinVFR version of MHTG and didn't want to pay for the same airport again since I barely fly there as is so I can't vouch for it, but KSTL is pretty good looking and good performance. Plus, if you want that airport you might as well buy it since no one else will probably ever touch it.

I'll agree with everyone else here who said KMCO and MMMX are great. MMMX was my first purchase from T2G and I was a little hesitant due to hearing some of their older airports were FPS hogs, but I went ahead and got MMMX and was VERY surprised at not only how good it looks, but also how well it performs. I will disclose however that MMMX does come with about 10 or so 2048 or 4096 texture files that are 32bit which are known VAS hogs, so I converted them to DXT5 w/mips and the scenery runs great. I can't say how good performance or VAS usage was prior to converting those files as I didn't even try it.

KMCO is also great looking and great performing and doesn't have any 32bit textures to mess with. The only thing with KMCO is that the AFCAD has a few errors that haven't been corrected by the developer but are easily fixed with ADEX. The errors are that the north and south side taxiway that go over the bridges dont have the nodes connected. Not a big deal since its easy to fix, but if you dont connect the taxiway nodes, no AI will taxi from one side of the airport to the other. So as a result if a JetBlue plane lands on the eastern side of the airport it wont be able to taxi to the western side which is where the Jetblue gates are. Because of this, I've seen a/c disappear right after they land since the parking codes for their a/c might be on the other side of the airport and they cant taxi to their gate. Aside from that little problem, its a great airport.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I will disclose however that MMMX does come with about 10 or so 2048 or 4096 texture files that are 32bit which are known VAS hogs, so I converted them to DXT5 w/mips and the scenery runs great. I can't say how good performance or VAS usage was prior to converting those files as I didn't even try it.

Would you mind sharing which files those were? I love the airport but I'm always getting FSUIPC VAS limit chimes when I land there...

James
  • Upvote 1

Would you mind sharing which files those were?

and instructions on how to  convert these files please :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Would you mind sharing which files those were? I love the airport but I'm always getting FSUIPC VAS limit chimes when I land there...

LOL, for a second I though you were saying the same exact thing as I said, but then I realised you quoted me but without using quotes.

No problem, I just have to have a backup of those that I was able to screen shot. All the ones in the red box are 32bit. Frankly, I was shocked to see the developer leave so many 32bit textures in the scenery, especially considering how massive the scenery is to start with. I just resaved them as DXT5 and went on my business. My VAS in the T7 never climbs above to anywhere near a dangerous level of OOM'ing at this airport even with heavy cloud cover and AI.

Clipboard01.jpg

and instructions on how to  convert these files please :)

Simple really and will only take you a few minutes. If you have DXTBmp, just open it, drag and drop the file one at a time into it, and resave it at DXT5. Make sure the box on the right side of the DXTBmp UI where it says MipMaps, the box is checked that says "Include when saving" is checked. Then do the same thing for each one. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

If you dont have DXTBmp you can find it via a google search, or you could do the same with Imagetool or any other editor. I've been doing the same thing using DXTBmp for 6 years now and it works fine for me and its fast and easy.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I really like the scenery.

But I think the actual VOR freq is 115.9, but they did not add this VOR to the scenery. VOR is still 115.6 and they don´t answer on that in the forum.