Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

One of the first things I did was mess with the CFG file to get the most out of performance. I found that zero of the FSX tricks worked. Thats because it's optimized out the box, and already running nicely without tweaking for hours.

You will however be messing with the various graphics settings. There are more options than FSX, which is good. It's definitely not as time consuming as editing the CFG, and you can fine tune it more to your needs.

Here are a couple more shots, with some addons. No editing made except resizing. (apologies in advance if I broke any size rules here, original screenshot size was 2560x1600)

Great shots, what aircraft is that?

Sent from my Mobile thing

There are a LOT of shadow options but be aware that those can have a real impact on FPS.

Now landing lights can illuminate objects, by default the option is off, this also has an impact on FPS.

In other words investing in a mid-high to top-of-the-line video card is warranted.

For anybody that might know this, if landing lights can illuminate objects, does that mean airports could have real lights that light up the apron and the AI planes? I am sure it would be insanely fps heavy but a man can dream? (Or buy 2 Titans when SLI is implemented :P )

Here are a couple more shots, with some addons. No editing made except resizing. (apologies in advance if I broke any size rules here, original screenshot size was 2560x1600

Hey you can break as many rules as you want - keep posting!

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64

For some more information to get us all excited, FlightBeam just stated on facebook...

"Now that some restrictions have been lifted, we can safely tell you Flightbeam has been participating with Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d V2 BETA, for two reasons

1. Make P3D v2 better by providing feedback to LM

2. Make our products 100% compatible. 

First off, this needs to be said about some crazy rumors I've been reading...

The folks over at LM are closely listening to FSX customers, and by no means is P3D restricted to non-entertainment customers. I can assure you that the wild rumors about LM chasing out entertainment customers are untrue and most are unfortunately originate from folks who support the "other" simulator platform in development, which I will not mention. 

Now on to exciting things... this IS the FSX replacement. Everything said here comes from first hand experience and testing. Just from our screenshot attached, you will see several things already. Dynamic cockpit shadows, native bloom (no performance penalty), and volumetric fog. This is just the tip of the iceberg, LM has extensively optimized the engine and it runs much more efficiently than FSX. ALL your CPU cores will be used. Your GPU/Video card will finally take a beating (I know mine has). LM Engineers have also modified code to better optimize memory management, which also means less OOM. And did I already mention, its now a DirectX 11 engine?

And what better news than this: All our products are compatible now, and LM is expected to release V2 THIS MONTH. "

And if you want to see pictures from V2, they have a few posted on their facebook page!

Here is my personal concern with making the switch to V2. I'm worried that if I do, I'll miss out on a lot of the addons I've spent a good amount of money on. On top of that, I've just finished months of tweaking FSX to run great on my machine, and if I switch I'm also afraid I'll be giving that up and starting over. We'll see but this is the best news I've heard about V2 yet!

Hi there so looking forward to this,however that last part of your statement referring to the "other" sim in development has me intrigued,can you disclose to what you are referring?

Many thanks.

Gary

You also have two options to start Prepar3D: Start with the default flight, which is the default option, or go to a UI where you can select aircraft, airport and weather. Strangely enough you cannot select a flight plan.

other" sim in development has me intrigued,can you disclose to what you are referring?

1. Didnt think it was important. 2. I can pretty much figure it out. 3. Not worth discussing.  :wink:

Hi there so looking forward to this,however that last part of your statement referring to the "other" sim in development has me intrigued,can you disclose to what you are referring?

Many thanks.

Gary

Please, don't go there. Don't start a flame war over something so trivial.

Got my 512GB SSD just waiting for the new version.  Looks like a Titan will be in plans as well or whatever is the GPU leader in the next few weeks, ha!  :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Many thanks.

Gary

I assume he meant X-Plane?

Hey mate I really think you have misunderstood me, I genuinely have no clue to what other sim you are refferring. I see by your tone that you think I  am trying to start some sort of argument,absolutely not my intent.So lets leave it and I will search the web and maybe find an answer there.

Cheers.

Gary.

Thanks for the clarification Mike.

Just on another Forum a couple weeks ago someone mentioned another Sim is in development and He was not referring to X-plane.

As for X-plane being in development thats' been out for ages now...I clearly misunderstood Him.

Chill guys.

Here are a couple more shots, with some addons. No editing made except resizing. (apologies in advance if I broke any size rules here, original screenshot size was 2560x1600

Hey you can break as many rules as you want - keep posting!

I don't see the screenshots.

Please, don't go there. Don't start a flame war over something so trivial.

Damn, this has got me curious. I really want to know what sim he means.

Hey all. This is obviously gonna make downloading pure hell when it comes out this month. So as a service to all of you, I will gladly volunteer to be the first to download and then share my experience with this community. That way, I will spare you the frustration of lengthy downloads, dropped connections - all that crappy stuff. All you have to do is wait for my report and proceed to download. Deal?. 

Mario Di Lauro

Wow, with default clouds like that you won't need REX ??

They are the same stock clouds that come with FSX... and yes, we are on the beta team.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

They are the same stock clouds that come with FSX... and yes, we are on the beta team.

Can't wait to see how it looks with REX treatment.  This sim will be awesome!!!

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations