Sign in to follow this  
Zeus67

Prepar3D v 2.0 will come out in November

They are the same stock clouds that come with FSX... and yes, we are on the beta team.

Sooooooo glad to here REX is on the beta team!! The clouds will really Pop now. Thanks REX.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Looks very good.  Just one question on the addon department.  Is the PMDG777 the only payware aircraft that we know will not work with V2.0?  What about scenery addons like FSDreamteam ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

So, nobody on the beta team want to answer my question before release?

I'll try again, does Nvidia Inspector Vertical Sync 1/2 Refresh Rate work, when enable is there tearing of the image with P3D V2.0?

Omni, not trying to be impatient but how long does it take to answer a simple question like that, seriously, it work or it does not, does it?

Omni, not trying to be impatient but how long does it take to answer a simple question like that, seriously, it work or it does not, does it?

I can't reply since I don't use a NVidia card.

This is our newest aircraft that will be release by the end of this month:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two things to be excited about then...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Looks very good. Just one question on the addon department. Is the PMDG777 the only payware aircraft that we know will not work with V2.0? What about scenery addons like FSDreamteam ?

FSDT should work in P3D... might even be supported I dont know.

The T7 and the flight 1 King Air and mustang won't work either

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Any one knows if they changed/enhanced the Weather capability engine?

e.g. clouds don't split and open up when going through them, more realistic turbulence when going through a cloud and also getting a foggy view when in it, more realistic weather injection without side effects we have now with FSX, etc.

I am less talking about the built in weather engine, but more about 3rd party weather engine capabilities implementing into P3Dv2 unlike FSX which they were much

limited by the SIM's Weather engine.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

On the subject of flight dynamics, WBard of Lockheed Martin said in two posts on 11 November

and

My interpretation is that there's little, if any, change to flight dynamics but that there's a facility for add-on developers to create their own - if they decide it's commercially viable.

These statements from LM clearly state their openness to External development by others in P3D. They are providing the aspect that missed completely MS-Flight. This is really good for the community.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Lots of addon developers already provide external flight dynamics for their products - Majestic, Aerosoft, A2A etc. P3D 2.0 will make it easier to implement external flight dynamics, while still providing support for legacy .air files. This is exactly the right way to handle the issue of flight dynamics IMO.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

If NVidia Inspector is even needed I'd call P3D2 a failure in terms of graphics engine overhaul. Let's hope the NI days are over.

Looks very good.  Just one question on the addon department.  Is the PMDG777 the only payware aircraft that we know will not work with V2.0?  What about scenery addons like FSDreamteam ?

Lots of addons that rely on Acceleration features will still not work, unless P3D has bought that source code from MS. A2A Simulations and Milviz are some of the devs that use ACC features for many of their aircraft.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

My interpretation is that there's little, if any, change to flight dynamics but that there's a facility for add-on developers to create their own -  if they decide it's commercially viable.

My interpretation is that the "open architecture" model started by ACES/MS for the FS series will continue with P3d 2.0. That is, LM's responsibility is to create a bug-free, high performance simulator that serves as the base for additional add-ons. You want better mesh, land classes, vectors, AI, ATC, textures, aircraft, clouds, airports, flight dynamics than the base model? Pick and choose from a variety of the 3rd party options. The days of the the $59.95 flight sim that does everything are long gone. Or maybe they never existed at all. We probably just had lower expectations  way back when.

If NVidia Inspector is even needed I'd call P3D2 a failure in terms of graphics engine overhaul. Let's hope the NI days are over.

That's why I'm asking, no answer so far, I can't believe that there is not one V2.0 beta tester with a Nvidia card reading this forum  that can't answer my question.

Let's be patient. They will be releasing a lot of info the next few days.

+1

It'll be out in a few days and we are still getting inane questions about will it do this or can it do that. Good grief, just wait and see.

Blackrat

Lots of addons that rely on Acceleration features will still not work, unless P3D has bought that source code from MS. A2A Simulations and Milviz are some of the devs that use ACC features for many of their aircraft.

Sorry, but that is factually incorrect. Every EventID and Token Variable introduced in the Acceleration SDK is included in the Prepar3D SDK for v1.x so I see no reason why they'd not be carried forward to the v2.x SDK.

I'm sitting here looking through both SDK's and have verified every single one of them is present... ^_^

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator