Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The biggest deal breaker.. It needs to end...

I came across this link on another site. I haven't tried it myself as I reverted back to windows 7 after trying 8.1 and also being frustrated by the joystick bug.

There's nothing wrong with Windows 8 especially after installing the little Stardock programme to get rid of the stupid panel start up screen. I found it's actually faster than Windows 7.

Anyway here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900614/en-us

Let me (us) know if it works :)

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

What makes Windows 8 superior to Windows 7 as a platform for running your sim ?

Seems to me it has a far worse UI for daily use on a desktop PC and has the Joystick bug which must be annoying to say the least.

What makes folk run 8 rather than 7, I would really like to know.

I am having issues with my jostick in windows 7. I believe it is a version 2.0 problem as others are having this problem as well.

I guess I gotta buckle down and learn FSUIPC's interface. I own it, bought it ages because it stopped the now imfamous gd3.dll crashes.. Just that interface for the controllers is overwelming.. 

It has a learning curve, but once you get used to it there is no turning back.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Ok.. I took a nap.. Had lunch, grabbed a few beers and tackled FSUIPC..  With complete success..  All buttons, axis, and even toe brakes set and calibrated... And even though Prepar3D lost site of my controls 30 minutes ago they are still fully functional because of FSUIPC.  Apologies for my brashness.. When poop hits the fan I can't hide my emotions well. I wear them on my shoulders :) 

Now I'm kicking myself in the &@($* about why I never did this sooner.. The controls are sooooo much more refined.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'm not a user of P3D (yet) or Win8, but I was following this thread (at work, bored and wanting to go home. Is it 5 yet?) and I'm glad that you got your issues sorted. Seems that every simmer, on whatever platform they prefer, always has hiccups. The bright side of this is the community built around simming in general. That really shown through here. Even with the problems, the anger, frustration - when it comes down to it, we've all been there and (almost) everyone is willing to help almost endlessly to get a fellow enthusiast back into the skies.

And yes, sometimes a nap and a couple beers and "cool down" time can really help. I've been guilty myself of not allowing that and it just makes things worse. You get tunnel vision and focus on that one REALLY annoying thing until it drives you into an axe-wielding maniac mindset. 

Anyways, I know this really had nothing to do with the issue at hand. I was just proud of the community I'm part of after reading through this. That is all.

Is it 5 yet?.........

And this is why I will never downgrade to windows 8 lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Is it 5 yet?.........

No..not even on the east coast yet...bleh.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

What makes Windows 8 superior to Windows 7 as a platform for running your sim ?

Seems to me it has a far worse UI for daily use on a desktop PC and has the Joystick bug which must be annoying to say the least.

What makes folk run 8 rather than 7, I would really like to know.

Probably a couple of million lines of code that were rewritten - memory managment and performance is improved over Win7 (noticeably in some cases). And I never use the new UI; boot straight into the desktop with Start8.

I haven't had any joystick dropouts with my G940 (although I am using a USB 2.0 hub, so that may have to do something with it...).