Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendead

Just got my PPL !

Hi guys,

I passed my PPL test 3 days ago on the busiest aerodrome in New Zealand, Ardmore. To give you some ideas how busy it is, last Saturday on a solo flight, I was boxed in by a WW2 radial yellow plane, a BAC-167 Strikemaster, two BC duchess, one 152, and four 172R on the run-up area.

Let me know if you find yourself down at Paraparaumu at any time in your future. Congrats mate

Congrats.  Nice to hear some good news here that does no accompany the words  "new hardware", "eula" or "OOM". 

Oh, there you go Rendi,  adding in a negative on Ben's good news.....but yeah he is right, its gonna cost but I am guessing it will be worth it.

Congrats man!

Many congrats to you. Got mine a couple years ago and, as someone told me, it's a license to learn. What are you going to do next?

Sorry for the late answer and thank you everyone :)

I am planing to get my CPL, IFR, ME, maybe taildragger and acrobatic rating. What I love about aviation is that there is always something to learn, always a new challenge available.

Ardmore is the busiest uncontrolled aerodrome in NZ, you can find a war museum and some shops that restore old jets, so it's quite common to line-up after a Spitfire, being followed while taxing by an Albatros or just watching a Cessna Citation land 150 meters away you while you plan your next cross-country flight outside. :)

My dream... Well buy a 152 or 172, and fly around the world, to feel what the pioneers of aviation felt.

Well done indeed! Congratulations, you are now part of a privileged breed!

Sascha

maybe taildragger

Nonononono! Definitely get a taildragger endorsement.

In fact do that next as it only requires a few hours and it will improve your flying skills, not to mention it is a lot of fun. :)

Congrats!

+1 on the tailwheel recomendation although it is getting much harder to find a rental to train in.

Congratulations, and welcome to a very exclusive club! Keep after your education, the safest way to fly is to approach every flight as a learning experience, even when there's no instructor pulling on your coattails. It sounds like you've got the right idea, so get out there and get endorsed, certified, and rated!

Excellent advice from these guys, constantly review your performance so you can become better its an awesome adventure even if you end up like me and not flying any more but once you join that club you always have those memories

Congratulations! Plus you are super lucky to be living in such an amazing part of the world. More reason to get up in that plane and collect many hours! :clapping: