Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raymar

So what is the most popular deal for Black Friday 2013?

1.  I suggest the FlightBeam's 35% off sale may be near the top.  I picked up KIAD

2.  The Drzewiecki New York City X is at a super low price - Many places for 50% off retail

3.  The Orbx sale of Legacy stuff is thru the end of the year so plenty of time to shop there. But good prices.

4.  Some good deals may be found at PC Aviator with an additional 10% or 15% added at checkout.

5.  I'm disappointed there are no sales on FlyTampa.  Bummer.

Is the new Avsim Store having any Black Friday specials today?  I wonder. . .

Any others out there?

Ray

There's a few things I'm stewing over:

- Aerosoft's F-16 & Bronco X are both very cheap at PC Aviator, will most likely pick them up.

- The Just Flight Lightning F.6 is on at a very good price at Flightsim Pilot Shop, again, I'll likely pick that up.

- FSDT's CYVR

- Flightbeam's KPHX

- Oryxsim's Canadian Airports package at PC Aviator for $15.00... will be getting that as well.

- I might pick up all of the Cloud9 landclass to use in P3D as a stopgap until the FTX OpenLC products roll out, it's 70% off.

There's actually a ton of stuff on sale that hits in that $15.00 range - lots of other things I'm interested in, it's just a matter of having to pick and choose.  I can't afford it all, especially with the Orbx stuff going on sale!

Yep, there are lots of reduced prices out there.  Some too lite, some too heavy, and some just right.  SimMarket has double-digit pages of promotions also.

Ray

I pampered myself with quality sceneries, KSFO and KIAD. Latter was bought for patriotic reasons, the architect Eero Saarinen was born in Finland. Also the Bronco was accepted to my hangar.

As far as what i have so far, i see good deals on the flightbeam and ORBX stuff. What's up with FlyTampa with no black friday deal?

Kin M.

(Klax)

My best buy was the JF Bae-146 200/300 for $8.00 a few days ago and today I added the FMC and Livery Exp Pack for $4.99.  Quite a deal. 3 Models, oodles of liveries, weather radar, and FMC all for less than $13.00.  I flying between Brussels and Manchester now using the tutorial.

Ray

As far as what i have so far, i see good deals on the flightbeam and ORBX stuff. What's up with FlyTampa with no black friday deal?

Kin M.

(Klax)

Yep, I would definitely pick up some flytampa stuff if they put it on sale. 

Is the new Avsim Store having any Black Friday specials today? I wonder. . .

Well, after a fashion Ray. Starting at midnight tonight and running for 7 days, we will be putting some very popular producer's items on sale for 50% off. Look for a tower ad to appear at the right sometime around midnight...  Producer remains secret and products will be shown at midnight. I hope I can stay awake long enough to bring them online - all that turkey and what have you.... :lol:

That is great news, Tom.  I hope my credit card is thick enough to last through the weekend.  I love a good sale.  I guess this will be the 'Day after Black Friday Sale'  Why not, nobody else seems to be doing it.

Regards,

Ray

Loads of stuff on sale at SimMarket, including all the Flight Replicas Pipers at 50% off. I'm finally going to get these!

John

I wanted to get a B2 Bomber for FSX, Area 51 price is too much for a basic model and so..so VC panel. But hey, it went down to 50% off, from 30 bucks to 14 bucks. Not a bad deal and i finally have a nice B2 Stealth on my FSX.

Kin M.

(Klax)

That is great news, Tom.  I hope my credit card is thick enough to last through the weekend.  I love a good sale.  I guess this will be the 'Day after Black Friday Sale'  Why not, nobody else seems to be doing it.

Regards,

Ray

I messed up. That sale is scheduled to start TOMORROW night at midnight, not tonight. I am trying to move that forward to today however.

Thinking of getting FeelThere ERJv2 and maybe, quite possibly their E-Jets.

The E-Jets really don't wow me in the slightest... so I'm doubting those.

I'm thinking FSDT YVR is calling my name.

Is the discount PC Aviator is adding on checkout on top of sale prices already?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

For those that need the Hawaiian Islands from FSDT I got;

Honolulu PHNL

Hawaiian Airports Vol 1. 

- Lihue PHLI

- Hilo International PHTO

Hawaiian Airports Vol 2

- Maui PHOG

- Kona International PHKO

All for $43 at PC Aviator. I think is a good deal.

I messed up. That sale is scheduled to start TOMORROW night at midnight, not tonight. I am trying to move that forward to today however.

Well Tom, if it is going to last for a week and they are downloads I might just wait 'til the sun comes up to check them out - either morning will do for me.  Not much chance of running out of stock, I guess. -_-

Regards,

Ray

I'm thinking FSDT YVR is calling my name.

Is the discount PC Aviator is adding on checkout on top of sale prices already?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, the additional 10% at PC Aviator is in addition to the sale price, but they have that Hawaiian special that lowers the total. 

FSDT has a semi-complicated sale for those that buy 2 or more at the same time at their site.  You just have to keep your Ducks lined up and follow the instructions to the letter - a hard task for a flight simmer, I know.

Regards,

Ray

Well Tom, if it is going to last for a week and they are downloads I might just wait 'til the sun comes up to check them out - either morning will do for me.  Not much chance of running out of stock, I guess. -_-

Regards,

Ray

We just announced the sale. 50% off ALL DCS products in the AVSIM Market Place. Excellent deals if you were waiting to purchase any of these great packages.

We just announced the sale. 50% off ALL DCS products in the AVSIM Market Place. Excellent deals if you were waiting to purchase any of these great packages.

Musta been using one of those surplus Russian submarine clocks, eeh?  Midnight, tomorrow midnight, maybe sooner, right now.  Nice countdown.  I like it. :lol:

Bottom line is you did good.  Now, how about calling up FlyTampa with a deal for midnight, any midnight?

Ray

Ray, all I can say, you must have some pull at high places to have Tom speed up the Avsim sale (lol).  This has been one of the best BF in some time to have so many folks offer sales.   I keep having to change my list on what I plan to buy because there are new sales popping up so often having my list to get  longer and longer..  I first had KPDX, CYVR, GSX, Airbus 320X a few Megascenery,, and now I see Orbx is having a sale, which makes it pretty good with my senior discount,  When I arrive back home off of Thanksgiving vacation tomorrow I plan to put the plastic down on a bunch of FSX stuff. 

Yep, I am still waiting on FlyTampa, although I did pick up KBUF two weeks ago at Simmarket on sale.

Oh, before I forget, Tom, thanks for getting this forum back to the old fashion way.  Just in time for FB , and then Christmas. 

Regards,

I found bronco x for 17$ on pca and pca au. VERY good deal. This one is usually ~40$.

I found bronco x for 17$ on pca and pca au. VERY good deal. This one is usually ~40$.

Excellent deal and an excellent addition to your hangar.

Ray

Thinking of getting FeelThere ERJv2 and maybe, quite possibly their E-Jets.

The E-Jets really don't wow me in the slightest... so I'm doubting those.

I did the Avsim review on the v2 E-Jets and I thought it was outstanding, especially on those 50% off sales.

Regards,

Ray

Only problem PCA provided the old 1.11 installer and not latest 1.2 and since this is the weekend they're too busy and I can't enjoy my addon.

Also found REX Latitude for 7$ !! on fs-pilot store! :)

Excellent deal and an excellent addition to your hangar.

Ray

I did the Avsim review on the v2 E-Jets and I thought it was outstanding, especially on those 50% off sales.

Regards,

Ray

Excellent! That settles it then!

I don't lknow about popularity, but I wanted the Saitek Yoke + pedals combo for xmas, and took the black friday offer from Saitek at madkatz: This combo for 199, plus the saitek pro-flight multipanel.

Looks like everying was 33% discounted.

This is the bundle for 199

http://store.madcatz.com/brands/saitek/Saitek-PRO-flight-first-flight-bundle-for-PC.html

And this is the pro-flight multi panel

http://store.madcatz.com/brands/saitek/Saitek-PRO-Flight-Multi-Panel-for-PC.html