Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Wilco TBM850

Brian, the Carenado version also is a fps heavy plane. I'd say that, regardless of which one you chose, you may want to use a shop system offering refunds. That's just in case the glass eats too much. One can disable the second PFD or the map details to help a bit though.

Any more reports on the TBM? I'm very curious about the G1000 functionality. Can Navdata be updated using Navigraph or NavdataPro?

Todd

There's no SIDs and STARs, NavData is default FSX GPS and you can't insert airways, nothing. It's a more complete G1000 but FAR FAR away from Flight1's model for example. There's obviously no NAVDATA support.

I'm still deciding if i prefer Carenado's version because framerate is much better and even that one is kinda slow.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

There's no SIDs and STARs, NavData is default FSX GPS and you can't insert airways, nothing. It's a more complete G1000 but FAR FAR away from Flight1's model for example. There's obviously no NAVDATA support.

I'm still deciding if i prefer Carenado's version because framerate is much better and even that one is kinda slow.

And that's why I wish they would have just done a standard flightdeck with a 530 in it or something.  The question now is, is it worth $30?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I wouldn't advise anyone going into this because it doesn't have what they advertise regarding the systems (complete G1000) and it's a real bad performer regarding FPS. Please note that i don't complain about framerate with any addon except this guy and maybe Carenado's SR-22. My 777 runs very well and the 737 literally flies.

Unless they optimize the systems much more i don't see myself using it that much.

The G1000 features many checklists, but the map for example is an improved default map. I never found the popup for the little keyboard although it appears in the '2D view'. If i knew what i know now about this i wouldn't have bought it.

I just need to clarify one thing i said earlier in 'It seems to perform very well'. I meant engine performance, not smoothness or good framerate.

Sad, really :(

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Is there anything better over the Carenado TBM?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Heya Ryan,

Pursuant to my comments on another thread (the Phenom), maybe the Carenado is the way to go for me?

• I use Plan G for flight planning and loading
  • I don't fly IFR (yet - it could be my winter project to learn the basics)
  • I hand-fly all approaches

Do you have the Carenado TBM? Is the flight modelling good? I know you have been critical of bad FDE implementations in the past, and was curious how you feel about the Carenado. 

I have limited myself to one flight sim purchase a month, and December is burning a hole in my pocket!!! 

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

well.. Carenado came out with a patch/update for there G1000 and it was a huge improvement for me.. I can handle there SR22 just fine.. I do have  a half descent machine as well.

I7-3770k O/C 4.8

EVGA GTX 660 3GB

ASUS Sabertooth Z77 mobo

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Ciao!

Bought it three days ago,  when installed but computer not re-booted it runs, but a slideshow, looks good but sooo slow

unfortunately after re-booting computer after install, CTD every time

three days and still waiting for a reply from Wilco support. 

I honestly can't understand why any regular members of this community, who have seen past 'stories' about Wilco have bought this.

Think of the CRJ NextGen, with a completely unusable autopilot that was not fixed by Wilco.

Buyer beware!

Bought it three days ago,  when installed but computer not re-booted it runs, but a slideshow, looks good but sooo slow

unfortunately after re-booting computer after install, CTD every time

three days and still waiting for a reply from Wilco support. 

Let us know how that works.... I didn't put in a support ticket yet.   Aircraft crashes FSX upon attempts to load, using Win 8.

I honestly can't understand why any regular members of this community, who have seen past 'stories' about Wilco have bought this.

Think of the CRJ NextGen, with a completely unusable autopilot that was not fixed by Wilco.

Buyer beware!

Being a relative newbie (since March last year) I was unaware of the horror stories.

Really too bad, since it looked so good on paper

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

That's fair enough Howellerman.  I wasn't getting at anyone, just don't want to see any fellow simmers stung by these people.  

I bought TBM last night and everytime I load the plane I get a CTD from FSX.

JeffG

I tried it on my other FSX installation (mostly addon testing purposes) and it crashes as well. Oddly it worked on my main PC.