Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

I'm surprised you say this because the VC graphics look amazing from what I can see on Jeff's video.  I am waiting on buying this plane though because I can't decide between this one or the new Carenado 1900D.  Only thing is, the Carenado VC looks just like the last two I bought from Carenado.  I'm leaning towards the Metroliner since it seems more realistic and is more unique.

Yeah I dont really get his comment either....

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised you say this because the VC graphics look amazing from what I can see on Jeff's video.  I am waiting on buying this plane though because I can't decide between this one or the new Carenado 1900D.  Only thing is, the Carenado VC looks just like the last two I bought from Carenado.  I'm leaning towards the Metroliner since it seems more realistic and is more unique.

I agree, the VC is beautiful on this aircraft. There are minor flaws that you really have to look for to find, but otherwise it's a beautifully built and rendered aircraft.

As for the performance....the more I fly this the Metro, the more I'm convinced that the FDE is accurate. The whole plane feels like it's clenched up really tightly...like it's gritting it's teeth the entire time.....which I understand is just how the real aircraft feels in flight (due to the high control forces and slim wing)

It's also a real dog in hot weather.....you really need to use the (well modeled) CAWI (Continuous Alcohol-Water Injection) system to get half decent takeoff performance sometimes.

DB

Can I buy this on Simmarket? I have a credit with them I'd like to spend on something and I really want this Metro! They seem to have a lot of Razbam airplanes but not this!

Yeah the VC is beautiful and the night lighting is gorgeous as well. For those of you that haven't been following them on facebook they did say they are working on a analog HSI version with many other additions! Razbam has responded to my questions and others both facebook and their forum so not sure what lack of customer support you're seeing. The fde on this girl is superb and flies just like the real thing. Sure I may only have about 6 hrs right seat in the real one but it feels just like it.

• Upvote 1

Guest JustanotherPilot

I say this because I actually have the Metroliner and I have the Majestic Q400, both similarly priced but the Metroliner falls short in this aspect.

I say this because I actually have the Metroliner and I have the Majestic Q400, both similarly priced but the Metroliner falls short in this aspect.

where are they similarly priced?

ZORAN

I want the Q400 to do shared cockpit but at 150 bucks it is a bit of cash to shell out at the moment. I really wish the metro was shared cockpit because the workload in ifr conditions can be a lot. I thought the basic q400 was 80 bucks or so?

We should not compare razbam and majestic, they are not in the same league. Razbam Metroliner is the toy comparing to Majestic Q400. 

Metroliner has potential, not realy bad, but there are still a lot of things to make, to add and tune by razbam. I'm waiting for SP to see in which league razbam intends to play :)

I bought this and like it (especially the VC) but like others I am having issues like cargo door not opening, GPS not turning on  and worse the 2D Autopilot panel will not let me turn on or off the AP. IT stays on the whole flight ??

etc.. etc.. Any news on the Service pack?

NOT A FACEBOOK USER

Much about this aircraft is excellent.  The VC texture and detail is about the best I have ever seen, and most of the switches/knobs/gauges seem to be functional.  The two major flaws that I have discovered are (1) start locks are not simulated and (2) the Trimble GPS unit, though it will turn on, the functions, such as NRST, do not seem to be selectable.  Have posted both of these issues on Razbam's forum, but not sure if they will be addressed in the upcoming SP.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I bought this and like it (especially the VC) but like others I am having issues like cargo door not opening, GPS not turning on and worse the 2D Autopilot panel will not let me turn on or off the AP. IT stays on the whole flight ??

etc.. etc.. Any news on the Service pack?

NOT A FACEBOOK USER

For the autopilot to go off the yaw damper must be off. A switch on the front of the pedestal

For the autopilot to go off the yaw damper must be off. A switch on the front of the pedestal

LeeL - turning off the yaw damper is something that would have not struck me as the correct procedure. Thanks for your help - I confess I haven't read the manuals because I have only just purchased it and have only had a quick look for them without finding them so far. So perhaps I was a little hasty in my first post to include this on the list - my apologies to Razbam if he is reading this. But I might add my concerns with others that Facebook is used as the primary interface with the Developer

LeeL - turning off the yaw damper is something that would have not struck me as the correct procedure. Thanks for your help - I confess I haven't read the manuals because I have only just purchased it and have only had a quick look for them without finding them so far. So perhaps I was a little hasty in my first post to include this on the list - my apologies to Razbam if he is reading this. But I might add my concerns with others that Facebook is used as the primary interface with the Developer

Agreed regarding Facebook

And the only reason I know is because a member here told me. I didn't bother looking in the manual for it either

I just got done painting Air One Express N434MA circa 2004 but I plan to do do others. I love Davethepilots videos!

Dave used to fly into my airport quite often when he still worked for Sierra West. Pretty cool guy with at least a 1000 stories to tell. Sierra West would call him and tell him to go ahead and start back home for El Paso, and he'd tell them EVERY time he was here that he was going to IHOP before he got anywhere near the airplane again. 

The guy he was flying with in that vid is now a Captain in the SW4 with Sierra West. Saw him about a week ago. 

Anyhow, I just bought the Metro as well and I was thinking that a Sierra West repaint would be an awesome addition to the fleet. I don't have any repainting skill at all, unfortunately. If someone has time, I'd really appreciate it! I can provide whatever pictures of Sierra West Metroliners that a repainter would need.