Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

PMDG JS41 is a couple of a classes above, it's finished, and it's cheaper. Please don't tell me that Razbam Metroliner is in the same league with PMDG JS41, PMDG MD11, Leonardo Maddog, coolsky dc 9 classic etc... At same price(or even cheaper), they are fully functional state of art products, and the very best simulations ever made for any desktop simulation. Don't insult above products comparing razbam metroliner with them. 

This is why i can't accept all buggs, missing and wrong details, and apparently lack of interest and support. And that poor excuse that all people in the team uses Acceleration pack and becouse of this is hard to fix all buggs for non-Acceleration users, LOL!

For that price, i expect product to be at least functional

I have both the FSX (with SP1 and 2, but not Acceleration) version and the P3D2 version.  The GPS issue is also present in the P3D2 version.  Not sure how to relate P3D2 to FSX with/without Acceleration???  Have posted this onto the Razbam site and asked yet again that they provide a status on the SP.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I bought the Carenado 1900D instead, it has a service pack out and an option to place a Reality XP 530 in the virtual cockpit. I need a gps with updated navdata if I'm going to spend a lot on an airplane. If they fix these bugs and give an option for some type of gps with navdata I will purchase. Carenado also have issues with P3D by the way so it looks like it isn't just Razbam struggling with it.

Edited by AAL125

they are fully functional state of art products

PMDG MD-11 just caused my FSX to crash, I changed views a couple of times while cruising over Sahara and BOOM, sounds disappeared, FSX CTD'd soon.

This stuff happens to me only using older PMDG products (MD-11, 747), I don't remember seeing this happen with anything else, ever. As usual Windows logs told nothing useful. 

I would hardly call a product that can't take a couple of view changes "a fully functional state of art product". At least I can fly Razbam from point A to point B without it making my FSX crash just because I wanted to look around in exterior view... 

The point is there's no "fully functional" complex addon aircraft with no bugs at all.

Thankfully there's FSUIPC autosave + FSCaptain flight restore functions. Without them I would definitely never fly long haul due to fear of a random crash ruining it all. 

Guest JustanotherPilot

The Metroliner isn't faulty, it just has some bugs which they will hopefully fix soon enough. 

How do you define a faulty program? Is FSX faulty as it gives me CTD*s every now and then? Is PMDG 777 faulty as it currently has some problems with its FBW/Trim behaviour? 

I would think that if all of the features that are included and advertised as a feature don't work then the program is faulty. It's a fine line between bug and faulty. In any case what is a reasonable time for it to be fixed or at the very least some indication that it will be. I have been waiting 3 months for my "bugs" to be fixed, what is a reasonable time to wait for service. What annoys me is the lack of response and indifference to mine and others posts in the Forums addressing these bugs.

I would hardly call a product that can't take a couple of view changes "a fully functional state of art product"

PMDG MD11 is not advertised like VFR sightseeing plane  :lol:

Also, there is a fsx bugg with view change(cycling). And who knows about your system settings and why this happens to you... I didn't heard anyone else complaining about this. But Metroliner is not working for all non-Acceleration users. There is big difference

Yeah I see your point, thankfully I switched to Acceleration a year ago or so when I had to do FSX reinstall. I think they should have bought another FSX with just SP2 on it, personally I have two different systems to make sure my scenery products won't have any weird problems with different configuration. 

Managed to finish my MD-11 flight, FSUIPC autosave is definitely one of the most valuable things out there. Made a nice corkscrew landing as there's currently a lot of fighting going on in Central African republic, probably something smaller than the heavy & fast MD-11 would have been more ideal for such a landing though.  :lol:

Non-Acceleration users can't use most of essencial features, like GPS for example.

Why are some of us not using Acceleration? Is  there a downside I'm not aware of? I've been using it since it became available without any problems.

Why are some of us not using Acceleration? Is  there a downside I'm not aware of? I've been using it since it became available without any problems.

Some weren't interested in the expansion and/or didn't want to spend the money?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Some weren't interested in the expansion and/or didn't want to spend the money?

That's the boat I fall in.

Here, spend some money on a Microsoft FSX default plane!

no thanks, just purchased PMDG 737NGX. Not interested in a microsoft default F-18

I currently am running a very stable (for me) installation of FSX that I have fully backed up as a disc clone (complete with operating system. I basically have 4 1TB hard drives. 2 in use (OS on one, FSX on the other) and 2 that are clones copied a few months ago that will "Be" the system if I loose the 2 in use/get problems with stability.

I may never reinstall FSX from scratch again!

Edited by hopskip

Theoretically, Acceleration is the same thing like FSX + SP1 + SP2, it has only some more added default planes and missions. So, it's just a matter of choice.

Practically, features / improvements are same, but they are using different code packages. I found this information recently, this is why there is a difference between them. Like somebody in the forum said - "Becouse of that, nobody can guarantee that the behaviour of SP2-part in both packages will be exactly the same. This may be the explanation for (unintentional) "substantial differences".

In my case, i tested it and i get slightly better performance with FSX SP2, and my sim is more stable. This is the main reason i choose SP2. Also, i am realy not interested in default planes, so there was absolutely no reason for me to install acceleration pack

If you look at the production output from RAZBAM you can see it is 95 percent (or greater) military aircraft. If you purchased acceleration update you also got the military fighter which included the extra instrumentation for the fighter and helicopter. So it stands to reason that all the people involved in the company would have Acceleration rather than SP2.

However, I am still non-plussed as to why, when the Metro III Beta was opened to the public that those bugs flagged by Sp2 testers, were never fixed before release -

My guess is the Metro III has been a reasonably good seller for them and perhaps, perhaps... they might review their setup and put SP2 on the Developers machine 2nd hard drive to test things more completely  - you can switch boot you know!!

Does anyone have a turn and bank co-ordinator? its funny how its one of the 9 transferable items but i cant seem to find it atall in the cockpit. 

Well not much is changing.

Razbam have not replied to the poll on the forums about releasing the SP without the WX radar and adding that later. The poll unsurprisingly says release the SP now because the WX radar is all that's holding it up.

We also still don't have any news on reality xp/Mindstar integration, or the option to have a blank space to add what we want in, which in my opinion would be the best option right now.

Meanwhile the forum for the Saab 340 has been put up.....

Lee

I lost hope for a steam HSI like many were skiing for too lol. But that one is more understandable