Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

It seems a fair bit of cash for a flying pencil.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Do you think you could do a private N registered one? I've tried to learn to paint but it's never gone very well lol

Sure, depending on complexity of the paint. I won't have free time until the weekend I am afraid. What does she look like?

Nice night landing video with instructions. I might have to buy this Metroliner.  It looks like it is fun to fly.

Thanks for the video link Robert, very interesting.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Chris Bremmer

Sure, depending on complexity of the paint. I won't have free time until the weekend I am afraid. What does she look like?

Is it OK to post links to airliners.net? I dont think so. N746KA is the reg if you search it.

That would be awesome.

Did you just paint blank textures or is there a kit? If there's just blank textures I'll probably try to throw an all white cargo paint together.

Thanks again

Hello all,

With the holidays having just passed, I now have some money to spend on some FSX add-ons. The Razbam Metroliner has been in my sights for a long time now, but I am not willing to drop $50 for an add-on without doing some serious research. I've done a lot of reading (on this forum too) and have read problems some are experiencing with engine failures, GPS not working, dll.xml issues, etc. I can't distinguish whether these problems occur with the previous beta version or with the newly released add-on.

In short, what bugs/deficiencies exist in the latest release of the SA227 and is it worth the $50? (ps- I'm running FSX/SP2 on Windows 7)

Thanks

How big is the download guys?

Thanks

Jim,

I'm showing about a 344MB download.

And I've been having a blast flying it. They really did a nice job on the Metro as far as I'm concerned.

Chris

Chris Bremmer

Thanks very much Chris, I think I'm gonna spring for it next week for my "to Jim, from Jim" birthday present :smile:

guys does anyone know of a problem where the autopilot stays on as long as the avionics switch is on regardless of if you try to turn it off?

guys does anyone know of a problem where the autopilot stays on as long as the avionics switch is on regardless of if you try to turn it off?

No, but I believe it stays engaged as long as the Yaw Damper is on. Try switching that off (bottom right side of the pedestal)

Cheers,

DB

No, but I believe it stays engaged as long as the Yaw Damper is on. Try switching that off (bottom right side of the pedestal)

Cheers,

DB

Yeah that was it thanks. I clicked the wrong switch I guess

Thanks

Hello all,

With the holidays having just passed, I now have some money to spend on some FSX add-ons. The Razbam Metroliner has been in my sights for a long time now, but I am not willing to drop $50 for an add-on without doing some serious research. I've done a lot of reading (on this forum too) and have read problems some are experiencing with engine failures, GPS not working, dll.xml issues, etc. I can't distinguish whether these problems occur with the previous beta version or with the newly released add-on.

In short, what bugs/deficiencies exist in the latest release of the SA227 and is it worth the $50? (ps- I'm running FSX/SP2 on Windows 7)

Thanks

have a look back one page and watch my review on it (post and video). If you have any doubts after that I I don't know what to tell ya. The major issues seem to be SP2 related while Acceleration seems to be just dandy.

Nevermind I just saw your comment on my video. I have to thank you sir as it was one of the most well thought out response I have ever received. It is because of people like you I make the videos I do. I plan on reviewing all future addons from here on out. Thank you again!

I just had my first dual engine failure with this aircraft.

As I mentioned before, I had been flying mostly in Canada using real weather, so OAT's at the surface were between 0C and -20C. Yesterday, for the first time, I did a flight in the Caribbean, out of San Juan. The aircraft was fully loaded with cargo and a bit of fuel for a 50 minute flight. Surface OAT was between 25C and 30C, so I was pushing the engines pretty hard to get a half decent climb rate.

I thought I had the EGT pegged right below the red line (650C), but due to the position of the eyepoint, I think they were actually a bit higher. Sure enough, about three minutes after takeoff, through 2,500 feet, both engines gave up on life simultaneously. Realizing that I probably just cooked them both, I made no attempt to restart and just pulled the stop and feather controls.

All things considered, she glides pretty well with the props feathered :Big Grin:  (visual check confirmed they did go to full coarse pitch). I was able to put it down in a field with relative ease, though there is still some doubt as to whether the real thing would have been in one piece when it came to rest...

Anyway.... I picked up my ego, reloaded the flight and paid very close attention the the engine limits. End result - sluggish climb (as expected) and a successful flight.

Could the same be happening to those reporting dual flameouts after takeoff?

From a simulation standpoint, I think it would be more realistic if the engines failed at different times. Real engines wouldn't coordinate their deaths so well. The less resilient one will usually fail first.

Otherwise....eye opening experience that made me like this aircraft even more.

Cheers,

DB

Is it OK to post links to airliners.net? I dont think so. N746KA is the reg if you search it.

That would be awesome.

Did you just paint blank textures or is there a kit? If there's just blank textures I'll probably try to throw an all white cargo paint together.

Thanks again

Yes that seems like a paint I can handle haha, I will work on her this weekend and let you know how it goes. I love the freighters so that is right up my alley! The Metro does indeed come with a paintkit with all white textures and an all white cargo bird is not a problem ( I love those too). The paintkit and manual can be found under RAZBAM in your My Documents.