Sign in to follow this  
Anthony1968

FSUIPC ; my axes are corrupt again.

Having had constant problems with mapping the axes on Saitek's yoke,rudders and throttle quadrant through FSX I purchased FSUIPC (last year). I had stable controls for some time but recently for no apparent reason everything has gone corrupt again.

I deleted the FSUIPC.ini file and tried a complete re-configuration but I'm having mixed results at best. For example; I map the aileron axis on the yoke, the raw data appears perfectly okay yet when I go back to my aircraft either nothing happens or some other wild action such as the throttle reacts to the elevator inputs. Then, going back to FSUIPC the recently configured aileron axis is assigned to something completely different. This is driving me nuts all over again as I am virtually grounded for the umpteenth time over this.

Can I delete the FSUIPC .log file or will that remove my "registered" status? At this stage I'm tempted to do a complete reinstallation of FSX but if  my hardware is the problem ( and I can't rule that out) I will be kicking myself for weeks for going through a long winded process for nothing.

My add-ons will take an age to re-install and reconfigure as I have years of tweaks made to almost everything.

Any advice PLEASE!

Hi,

If you are going to use FSUIPC, make sure these axes are disabled/removed in FSX. That was my problem, I use FSUIPC for all my buttons, rocker switches, axes. So I completely removed all buttons, rocker switches, axes from FSX.

They should  be easy to spot, if I remember correctly, they will be shown in green text.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

If you are going to use FSUIPC, make sure these axes are disabled/removed in FSX. That was my problem, I use FSUIPC for all my buttons, rocker switches, axes. So I completely removed all buttons, rocker switches, axes from FSX.

Is it not enough just to "disable" axes in FSX.?? 

Hi,

It might be, but I've never done it that way

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

It might be, but I've never done it that way

Okay, anything is worth a try..........thanks for that.

BTW, I just checked the disk I keep my FSX downloads and backup files. It contains 55.7GB of add-ons and tweaks..........the thoughts of re-installing all of that give me the chills.

Hi,

Yeah, I hear ya. My re-installs take days.

Is it not enough just to "disable" axes in FSX.?? 

In my experience, disabling or removing axes isn't always enough - I'm not sure why, but they've sometimes reasserted themselves and created interference.  The cure for me was to disable controllers altogether in FSX (there's a single checkbox in the controller interface) and let FSUIPC handle everything.

Side note - if you do this, you might at some point get an e-mail from Aerosoft customer support, telling you that there's obviously something deeply wrong with your FSX setup if you can't use it to assign controllers, and what you ought to do is reinstall FSX.  I did.  And no, their advice had nothing to do with solving my particular problem.  Sorry, but I couldn't resist mentioning this - I found it amazing that a major publisher's tech support would be so ignorant, but it's a sign of what you may run into if you do anything the least bit nonstandard with your controller setup.

Side note 2 - Pete Dowson, the FSUIPC developer, was hugely helpful over at his support forums at Simflight.  You might want to touch base with him if you run into more problems.  But I think Mike's advice ought to be enough to get you going.

Good luck with your setup!

The cure for me was to disable controllers altogether in FSX (there's a single checkbox in the controller interface) and let FSUIPC handle everything.

Yes, that's exactly the way my set-up has been since I purchased FSUIPC. Obviously some corruption is creeping in somewhere. For instance, my Saitek Trim wheel axis cannot be seen at all and one of the axes on my yoke is only recognized as a switch. I'll pay a visit to Pete's support pages at Simflight............. a dreaded re-install ( including O.S) maybe indeed be called for. It's been years and the W7 registry is probably a cesspit at this stage. The trouble is I cannot even remember how I installed my Reality XP GPS and many other similar tweaks, some of them were nightmarish to get going properly.

Anthony

one thing you should check (if you are not using the global"disable" check box) is to make sure you look at each joystick rudder, brakes and trim controllers in fsx, that means clicking on the drop down menu list of controllers and check each one if any aileron, eleavator, brakes and rudder are not duplicated. also look at mouse as well and any other that might be in the list. if they are then delete them.

then I would do a re-assign in FSUIPC4 and a recallibration.

with regards to the trim wheel it takes a few spins for it to come up and be recognized.

I think sometimes you may have to use the tool " ignore" this axis if FSUIPC is getting mixed up with assignments.

I've gone the " disable" check box way and asigned all key strokes in fsuipc. even so its still worth checking as above.

Is FUISPC that important to use with the Saitech Controller ? I've been using FSX Axis and it seems to work ok.

Yes, that's exactly the way my set-up has been since I purchased FSUIPC. Obviously some corruption is creeping in somewhere. For instance, my Saitek Trim wheel axis cannot be seen at all and one of the axes on my yoke is only recognized as a switch. I'll pay a visit to Pete's support pages at Simflight............. a dreaded re-install ( including O.S) maybe indeed be called for. It's been years and the W7 registry is probably a cesspit at this stage. The trouble is I cannot even remember how I installed my Reality XP GPS and many other similar tweaks, some of them were nightmarish to get going properly.

For other reasons (simconnect mess) that is what I did yesterday.....  format and reinstalling Win7...  I reinstalled FSX this morning with SP1 & 2 following NickN recommendations....  have reinstalled Fsuipc this morning and will finalize the settings tonight....   after that, FS Global Ultimate and FTX Global & Vector.  Then we'll see what I will instal but I will not reinstall all my add-ons that put extra dll stuff on my FSX (FSFT airports and GEX....) or ORBX regions asking me to switch from one to another..... I love these stuffs and I spent so much money on it but I want to keep my FSX as light as possible in term intrusive addons  :-)

That is a pain but it is a nice feeling also to be in front of your PC with a clean FSX install...mess free....light and efficient...  wondering hummmm  what will I install today !! 

too much, too soon....

Do you have P3D / Migrator installed?

I think, I have had some instances where FSUIPC has gone very slightly haywire when changing between FSX and P3D and/or different aircraft. 

Resetting the affected buttons / axis in FSUIPC resolved matters (so far) for V2 but in 1.4 I had to re-install FSUIPC. Could be either a FSUIPC Profile or Saitek issue, I really am not sure. 

Gordon

My first reaction was that you had duplicate assignments in FSX. It sounds like that issue is taken care of. The second thing I would suggest is to leave your equipment hooked up. I recall reading in the FSUIPC manual or on the forum that unplugging everything after you are done flying has the potential to cause issue.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Is FUISPC that important to use with the Saitech Controller ? I've been using FSX Axis and it seems to work ok.

Me too,  I guess FSUIPC gives you some more customization options and such but so far I've been happy with controls assigned through FSX.

Do you have P3D / Migrator installed?

I think, I have had some instances where FSUIPC has gone very slightly haywire when changing between FSX and P3D and/or different aircraft. 

Resetting the affected buttons / axis in FSUIPC resolved matters (so far) for V2 but in 1.4 I had to re-install FSUIPC. Could be either a FSUIPC Profile or Saitek issue, I really am not sure. 

Gordon

Just had a look in my FSX FSUIPC ini file and found entries for P3D aircraft! Looks as if the ini file was corrupted by the Estonia Migration tool somehow. I am swapping between the two flightsim platforms a lot at the moment.

Will keep an eye on this from now on.

Gordon