Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Eaglesoftdg just announced the Citation XLS+ is their newest project

OK, now that everyone knows all about WAAS/LPV, updates, etc. it's time to show what the Citation CJ1+ looks like.

It is a bit smaller than the XLS+, weighs in at about 50% less than the big brother at 10,700 MTOW. But, the CJ1+ has that big beautiful T-Tail and can operate in and out of really short runways. Typical 3,200 foot takeoff, 2,500 ft landing.

Range is around 1,300 NM compared to the XLS+ almost 1,900 NM and it is about 50 Kts slower but still 150 Kts faster than a typical turboprop with 389 Kts stated as fast cruise. (515 Mph) Operating ceiling is FL410 for the CJ1+ but it can climb straight to the top in 28 minutes, no steps required.

Lots of magazine articles and flight test data out there just waiting for Google to find it. The CJ1+ family goes up to the CJ4 and each one is a bit larger, faster, etc. but they all share almost the same Pro Line 21 panel. Only very small differences in the Rockwell Collins avionics in any of the modern CJ1+ - CJ4, although the layouts are somewhat different and some have more pieces of standard equipment than older models. Cessna typically spruces up the avionics package when they add a + to the model number. Most Cessna photos have a mix of standard equipment and optional equipment.

Human engineering is just now starting to show up at Cessna in Kansas. The days of the odd placement of important pieces of the avionics just anyplace of convenience in the cockpit are gone, maybe. The Autopilot panel installed at the far rear of the center pedestal is long gone except for the CJ1+ for instance. It is so far back on the pedestal that it is not even in the cockpit photo below.

Here are some photos for those that may not be familiar with the CJ1+.

Regards,

Ray

2004-cessna-citation-cj1+-1_800x0w.jpg

2004-cessna-citation-cj1+_800x0w.jpg

2004-cessna-citation-cj1-16_800x0w.jpg

Pro Line 21 CJ1+_800.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How much of this "Proline 21" is going to work though?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Actually the LPV stuff comes from F1 afaik. Navigraph covers all the other approaches.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I would guess most of it will work. If you use the ESDG design of the Citation X as compared to the rw version at the time, as a starting point of comparison, it was as good as anyone expected. Of course our expectations are somewhat higher now that Flight1, A2A, Milviz, PMDG, etc continue to raise the bar on what FSX can really do with the proper hooks and out-of-the-box thinking.

Is there a rw feature of the PL21 that you think would not be achievable in FSX by this crack new team?

Regards,

Ray

In practical terms, what difference will a simmer see inside FSX with the more complete data base? I frequently do LPV approachesin the F1 King Air or Mustang and all of the approach plate information seems available with Navigraph.

Thanks

Louis

Louis, I seem to recall that Jim over at Flight 1 posted somewhere to the effect that they do their WAAS approaches in a unique fashion within their gauge system. So in their case the reliance on Navigraph DB is fine.

Our approach requires a different and unique technique to it but does relay on the RealNAVDB as stated.

Different techniques to arrive at the same end is not unusual between FS Development houses and in fact makes all of this more interesting.

At the end of the process folks have always made choices to suit themselves and their own FS needs, we're simply offering a different approach.

No one is obligated to anything and as we've often said when folks ask which is better CX2.0 or Mustang we ALWAYS say.."GET BOTH" B)

Don't worry, it's more than enough for your needs.. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Has development started or is this just on the drawing board? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Here are some hard numbers taken from the Cessna Specs and Description booklets for each plane.

Regards,

Ray

Page_1_small.jpg

Page_2_small.jpg

Page_3_small.jpg

Has development started or is this just on the drawing board?

XLS+ is well  down the road to completion. Patience is always key with these things. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

XLS+ is well  down the road to completion. Patience is always key with these things. B)

Wonderful news. Any teaser shots available?

Ray

Wonderful news. Any teaser shots available?

Ray

All in due time Ray. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Patience is always key with these things.

There is a saying that goes with the picture. Something about patience . . . :O

Ray

patience.jpg

So much cooler to learn that the aircraft just announced is closer to completion than to have a developer say it's going to be doing that, and then spend the next four years giving explanations of why it isn't going as fast as they thought.

I'm very interested in this BizJet, might be the first one to go in my FS hangar.

Alexis Mefano

Having both a totally up-to-date ES XLS+ and an equally new up-to-date ES CJ1+ should keep us excited for some time to come. I am just about as happy to hear about the CJ1+ as I am the move from the XLS to the XLS+. The ones flying in the real world both have the integrated Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 avionics package so we may be able to fly both with one type rating.

Nope, not the case with the type ratings. I forgot about the Gross Weight of the XLS+. The CJ1-4 family can share a type rating but the XLS+ is a totally different ball game. Now where did I put the phone number for Flight Safety!

Regards,

Ray

So much cooler to learn that the aircraft just announced is closer to completion than to have a developer say it's going to be doing that, and then spend the next four years giving explanations of why it isn't going as fast as they thought.

I'm very interested in this BizJet, might be the first one to go in my FS hangar.

Yeah agreed