Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Surprised by Ultimate Traffic 2!

I see plenty of planes in flight so whatever routes the UT2 planes follow are very popular airways. Yea UT3 with everything updated would be fantastic. I have though had fun replacing tons of planes and adding new ones with updated liveries. 

Today at KATL on the ground I found some bad quality CRJ (it seemed to be, with some curved winglets), much worse than the other Delta traffic arround. I would like to eliminate that model (or exchange it for a better one would be perfect), does anyone know how to do it and have identified the model?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

The reason for this is the fact that UT2 does not offer any GA traffic models at all and uses the FSX standard planes for this purpose. I always thought that this is, besides that it looks rather strange, also a big hit on performance when a major airport also displays many GA planes using the FSX standard models. "Easy" solution: get yourself GA AI models, in my case, I simply downloaded the FTX NA GA traffic package and reassigned the UT2 GA flightplans to the FTX GA traffic models. You get a nice selection of planes there (Archer II, Archer III, Warrior, Cessna 172, Cessna 402, Learjets, Gulfstreams etc.). If you don't mind that your GA traffic is then basically only composed of planes carrying a NXXXX or a C-XXXX registration, this would be an option. Just be aware that the FTX GA traffic models are not FSX native (as all other UT2 models), which results in some problems using aircraft shadows on ground for some sceneries with custom runway textures (e.g. LSZH, PHNL from FSDT amongst others). I am currently converting all those planes to FSX native models using ModelConverterX, but there are many culprits within those old-school FS9 models and I am not an expert in modelling. Maybe in some years, I have successfully converted all of them... :blush:

Wow I ever knew about FTX traffic. Thanks! It took a little google search but I found it here. http://www.fullterrain.com/product_traffic.html

Deppeding on how many you add you will never see any doubles (same plane) at the same airport. Looks like I might have one here. I need to add more :) Really you could add so many that GA plane spotting would actually be entertaining. Who would have thought?

The best part.. no more looking at the same boring default aircraft that I have been staring at for 7+ years!

ut2_ftx.jpg

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Does anyone know if UT2 is standalone program like REX Essentilas, so if I need to uninstall FSX and re-install it I would not have to worry about UT2, except to only point it to my FSX folder after a fresh FSX re-install ? 

Cheers,  MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P,  Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Does anyone know if UT2 is standalone program like REX Essentilas, so if I need to uninstall FSX and re-install it I would not have to worry about UT2, except to only point it to my FSX folder after a fresh FSX re-install ? 

You'll probably need to reinstall UT2, because as part of its default installation routine, the UT2 installer places all of its models in your FSX/Simobjects folder as UT2 Aircraft (a separate folder within the Simobjects one). The UT2 installer also amends your fsx.cfg file with an additional reference under the [Main] section with this entry: SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft (the "x" will be a number in sequence after the other SimObjectPaths references in that section).

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I installed a lot of GA repaints/models and assigned the to the UT2 schedules a while ago. The ultimate GA packages are a good source for models but I typically just install the packages and flightplans rather than installing the paints to UT2 GA flightplans.

Another great source for GA models/paints is the GA Cessna package by Henry Tomkiewicz (HTAI). It is payware (and you need to convert the props to FSX) but it is a nice add on. I bought it a few years ago and I cannot find a link right now.

Even through I have made GA assignments in UT2, I usually trun off GA AI because UT2 has too many small aircraft flights at major airports. Should I really see a line up of C172's at JFK or LAX?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If i'm flying a small plane into smaller airports I crank up the GA. If im flying heavy iron into bigger airports I usually just turn GA off to help with FPS.

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Thank-you Rudi for your help & prompt reply. I have basically been out of the FSX loop for a few years, but now with a relatively more updated system ( Win 7, Intel 3.4 Ghz, quad core, 16 gig RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7970 etc. ) I find it more enjoyable to use FSX as no more "stutters" on relatively high settings. The only thing is, freeware always seems to cost me more than pay ware ( in time and aggravation ). Case in point was my first free AI traffic add-on. I uploaded it and initially found everything worked fine. Then a few days later, after closer inspection/supervision, I found "black" ghost planes at airport gates, planes dropping landing gears at 30,000 ft, planes landing in residential neighbourhoods well short of runways, GA aircraft props looking like record disks when in operation, planes bumping into each other while waiting for takeoff clearance, overlapping aircraft wings between two planes parked at adjacent gates, unreasonable rates of descent for some AI planes ( 20,000 ft+ in one minute ) prior to landing etc.. This, needless to say took all of the fun of having AI Traffic on FSX, so I uninstalled this freeware, only to find my default FSX AI planes with  new "black" contrails instead of the white ( looked like engine fire ). To fix this, I had to do clean uninstall and re-install of FSX. Now all is fine again. I only have REX Essentials Plus Overdrive, but heard nothing but good things about UT2 so will give it a try, as I do not want to invest a lot of time setting up AI traffic in FSX, but want something more than the boring default AI of FSX. My next step after UT2 will be to get some nice old warbirds from A2A ( P51 Mustang ), and some better scenery add- ons ( FTX Global etc.) - but that's a whole different topic.

Cheers,  MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P,  Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Guys and Gals,

A little help here...?

Which PowerPack should I be using?

http://ut2.flight1.net/index.php/downloads/ut2-power-pack.html

NOTE: I have the default UT2 installed with no updated schedules applied yet

As an aside:

Has anyone decompiled an update to see whats involved in creating one?

I ask this because its my understanding that the primary UT2 developer has moved on and there wont be any further updates to the product.

I have done one.  I have a WOAI file that is just lots of planes and BGL files.  I decompiled one of them, saved to a separate folder.  Then ran through the Power Pack to add to the current schedule.  Works ok but it was a bit challenging to find out who the AI manufacturer was from just the decompiled BGL.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

the power pack depends on if you have the latest update or not (winter/fall 2013-2014)

I agree with the 2 guys who say they love UT2, Im the same, I spend many hours updating my scheds.

I check the avsim libary every day, as well as giriom website , http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/ and UTT for repaints for 787s

I would be quite confident in saying my ai is completely up to date, and it doesnt bother me I dont see aircraft next to me when im over the atlantic or pacific, im knowledgable enough to know nats and pacots move daily so Id never seem them in real life anyways unless they where on the same NAT or pacot and below me.

As for the route thwe aircraft takes, I change them too in the UT2 Gui. I put the real world route into Flightsim commander and export as a fsx.pln type file and use it un UT2 and ASN... very simple. 

14ppkc-6.png

I would be quite confident in saying my ai is completely up to date, and it doesnt bother me I dont see aircraft next to me when im over the atlantic or pacific, im knowledgable enough to know nats and pacots move daily so Id never seem them in real life anyways unless they where on the same NAT or pacot and below me.

I've been one or two NATs where traffic was flying very close to me on my route, at least in the initial part of the crossing near the western shores of Ireland, it was quite exciting to say the least.  And on many of the non oceanic crossings, I would have to punch in a route offset to avoid conflicts if I got to close and we are on the same flight level.  There's nothing like watching a string of traffic lined up on your same route on the ND.  

The only thing needed to make the experience perfect would be if the AI crabbed into the wind.   As it stands now, they are constantly blown off course and correcting their paths, so you don't see perfectly straight contrail formations.  Also, it would be really neat if all AI followed the east/west odd/even flight level rules.   To be fair, I'm thankful that MSFS has AI that is as good as it is now, I would have died for this type of AI behavior in X-Plane when I used it exclusively pre-2008.

I have deleted some unused aircraft, reduced textures and reduced down the LOD of each model - performance is outstanding although quality does take a little hit. Whole UT2 folder only weighs in at around 200MB!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I am interesting in trying to update some schedules. My question is how do you disable the flight plans in UT2 for an existing airline? I'm assuming there is a manual somewhere that explains how to use power pack to convert a downloaded schedule into one you can use with UT2? 

Today at KATL on the ground I found some bad quality CRJ (it seemed to be, with some curved winglets), much worse than the other Delta traffic arround. I would like to eliminate that model (or exchange it for a better one would be perfect), does anyone know how to do it and have identified the model?

Thanks.

Those CRJ and ERJ models are eyesores. I replaced with the UT2 regional jet models with Malcontent CRJ-200 and the Alpha India CRJ-700 and 900 models. Go to borisrepaints.com he has pretty much all the Delta Connection liveries you'll need. 

• Upvote 1