Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Surprised by Ultimate Traffic 2!

Oh yes, the Daedalus Myth. :) What's up with it, why it should be replaced? I excluded Daedalus livery in Traffic Options, and that's it. Did I missed something here?

I have the Daedalus planes disabled in UT2......and yet I have seen a Daedalus 777 at EGBB Birmingham, and a Daedalus 737-300 at EGKK Gatwick. I would love someone from Flight1 to explain that to me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can someone let me know how to replace the dadelus textures. Where can I find them (under what heading in AVSIM library) and where do I place them?  Thanks

Rob

I like the flexibility in scheduling. I like the graphics. However, In Aivlasoft EFB, the AI traffic does not register on the moving map. In F1 Mustang and B200, the AI traffic does not register on the MFD. 

Am I doing something wrong, what have I missed?

The AI is visible on Active Sky Next,  X Gauge.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

And it works seamlessly in P3DV2 for 0$ ..... :-)  - presuming you keep your FSX installation.

Expect to see no aircraft over the Atlantic Ocean

Yep, just like in real life. I've been on 14 trans-Atlantic flights, window seat on all, and have only seen one other a/c enroute, and that was only due to seeing the contails leading to it.

The Atlantic is a big ocean, its not like you're going to have aircraft like fire flys all over the place.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yep, just like in real life. I've been on 14 trans-Atlantic flights, window seat on all, and have only seen one other a/c enroute, and that was only due to seeing the contails leading to it.

The Atlantic is a big ocean, its not like you're going to have aircraft like fire flys all over the place.

Yeah but there are several trailing in front and behind, as passengers we cant see them. It is rather disappointing UT2 disappearing over remote areas where traffic should be.

My number 1 for years! Summer-fall 2013 flight plans are pretty bad, I have done a lot of updating there!

Have since a few months replaced most AIA 737's and DJC's A318/3219/320/321 series with FAIB AI models and repaints and continue to replace as more repaints become available. Stunning models, all engine versions and varieties, worth the while.

• Upvote 1

I love UT2!

Now you will get caught up in the addiction of repainting all of the "Daedalus" paints with the appropriate textures/models...

Same here, many a quiet nightshift and teamviewer used to get rid of those pesky daedalus models!!!

UT2 is my fav addon and I have plenty

14ppkc-6.png

Just checked few airports via Airport Operations graph. For example I checked Skiathos (LGSK) and it has only 2 or 3 arrivals and departures, too low I think. Then I checked Mikonos (LGMK) and there was pretty good number, around 60-80 arrivals/departures. So it is clear that some airports are not fairly covered, unless Skiathos has really low number of operations.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Summer-fall 2013 flight plans are pretty bad, 

I see alot of people saying that but I havent seen any problems, would you care to elaborate on this?

Also anyone with UT2 should definately add Flight 1's Audio Enviornment Airliner Edition, brings busy airports to life sound wise.

Expect to see no aircraft over the Atlantic Ocean and remote areas.

Just like in the real world.

Just like in the real world.

Hey, you stole my line, almost.

Yep, just like in real life.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I actually just reinstalled UT2 this week. Is there some sort of resource explaining what the current best models to get and use are and so on? A long time ago I'd updated a bunch of the US airline stuff but I don't have any of it anymore - the idea of searching blindly for new stuff isn't very appealing to me right now...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I actually just reinstalled UT2 this week. Is there some sort of resource explaining what the current best models to get and use are and so on? A long time ago I'd updated a bunch of the US airline stuff but I don't have any of it anymore - the idea of searching blindly for new stuff isn't very appealing to me right now...

The only "new" models released in quite some time are these:

http://fsxaibureau.com/

For everything else, well, you really are best served sticking with the UT2 models as much as possible, for perf reasons.

Regards,

Brian Doney

> JasonW

I'd love elaborate, but it would wear out my keyboard. In short, UT2 devs had to resort to another provider of RL flight schedules and sort of screwed up in converting their data into UT2 flight plans. There are quite a few airlines missing, airports that changed ICAO codes (like Johannesburg or Bangkok) and not known with those codes to FSX are without traffic, etc. I made and uploaded here to Avsim a UT2 add-on schedule for Joburg (in FSX FAJS, in real life now FAOR). A few others have also made some corrections.

If you want the full story just go over to the UT2 registered users forum and read the whole story. We all hope that the next schedule will be less troublesome and more worth the money.

None-the-less, UT2 is and will remain my absolute favorite! It is extremely flexible and user-customizeable and yes, with the F1 audio environment it is very immersive.