Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

14FEB14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F SP1 & 300ER Update

That data is part of the $1800 price tag.  It costs a lot to license data when you're re-selling it - performance data, maps, or otherwise.

I think he was asking why not leave it as an option to use, using your own paid subscription to Navigraph, and not expecting the data to come included from PMDG.  That makes sense does it not?  A lot of developers use a Navigraph subscription for fixes obviously.  I wouldn't mind paying Navigraph an extra amount or using my own credits to buy charts if PMDG found a good way to make that part of the EFB work well with them.  

However, I don't really care for it as I have way way way too many applications and spreadsheets that do all those fancy things for me.  I just like pressing buttons! :blink:  

Tapatalk does not display the avsim forum signature, only the one you set in the tapatalk interface... I suppose there is the possibility that Robert Randazzo was unable to see the signature. If I post with tapatalk I only see my name once in tapatalk, though it shows up twice when the same post is viewed on an ordinary web browser...

Odd stuff. Perhaps it is best not to jump to conclusions until all facts are known...

A

Andrew Entwistle

That's because a Tapatalk signature is just something the app appends in the reply body (the same as you typing it yourself). Your signature which appears below the horizontal line is a forum-wide signature built into the forum's software. If you have your name in your AvSim signature, there's no need to use the Tapatalk one too.

And for those calling out Rob about the names, he called me "Tom" once so don't worry about it :lol:

I think he was asking why not leave it as an option to use, using your own paid subscription to Navigraph, and not expecting the data to come included from PMDG.  That makes sense does it not?  A lot of developers use a Navigraph subscription for fixes obviously.  I wouldn't mind paying Navigraph an extra amount or using my own credits to buy charts if PMDG found a good way to make that part of the EFB work well with them.  

However, I don't really care for it as I have way way way too many applications and spreadsheets that do all those fancy things for me.  I just like pressing buttons! :blink:  

Okay, so then you'd be paying $1300...

Again - we're talking about licensing multiple things here, and not just charts.

(I'm not actually sure how much charts are from Navigraph, but I know the app I use RW is about $75 a year for US charts only.  I think Jepp is around $500+)

I need to find a way to force people, Simpsons-style, to write "EFBs are not only for charts" over and over on the proverbial blackboard until it sinks in...

Kyle Rodgers

It seems that people don't really understand the complexity of the EFB on the 777(/787).

You got tons of information in the EFB. It is a very neat tool to use IRL (I absolutely LOVE it) but I understand why it has not been included so far.

If you want a chart viewer - go take a look at Navigraph. IMO the chart feature is the least important part of the EFB.

Guys, we're not going to break the head for EFB.  Finally, there's the ipad. It's better than nothing.

Hello Robert,

I don't know if you're also reading the PMDG 777 topic but if not I just want ask my question here too.

Will it be possible to remove/hide the antenna in front of the two AFD antennas? Because there are a lot of airlines who don't use them on the -300ER and the -200LR either. (I mean the one that looks a bit like the satcom one)

Anyway. Thanks for your update. I'm looking forward to buy it.  B)

It seems that people don't really understand the complexity of the EFB on the 777(/787).

You got tons of information in the EFB. It is a very neat tool to use IRL (I absolutely LOVE it) but I understand why it has not been included so far.

If you want a chart viewer - go take a look at Navigraph. IMO the chart feature is the least important part of the EFB.

Navigraph charts work out at approx a third of a euro per airport.

can`t wait to fly the baby :)

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Great update Robert!

Quick question, What would you say is the biggest difference we will see between the LR and the 300ER? (Obviously not the size difference but more on the flight characteristics side of things?) Are they both identical with how they handle?

Thanks for your time.

Sante.

Sante Sottile

Quick question, What would you say is the biggest difference we will see between the LR and the 300ER? (Obviously not the size difference but more on the flight characteristics side of things?) Are they both identical with how they handle?

Did you even read the update?

He said "I can't wait for you guys to get a chance to fly the 300ER...  It is rapidly becoming one of my favorite airplanes because it just FEELS right.  It is an entirely different flying experience than the 200LR..."

Can't wait.

Comming up to one month since that major update....

If you mean that it has been nearly a month since the last update from PMDG on the 777 you might want to look again. This topic is only 5 days old.

John Sturm

I knew that someone will pick on this. But the original posting was http://forum.avsim.net/topic/432612-19jan14-777-300er-and-777-200lrf-sp1-update/. This follow up was just saying "the work goes on". What other purpose did it serve?

If you mean that it has been nearly a month since the last update from PMDG on the 777 you might want to look again. This topic is only 5 days old.