Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

14FEB14 - PMDG 777-200LR/F SP1 & 300ER Update

Kin-

Quite to the contrary.  I know your comment wasn't actually designed to do anything but "Create Drama" but I'll answer it anyway since some other Drama Llama is liable to pick up the idiocy and run with it...    You are wrong.  In fact- you are extremely wrong.  The taxi cameras were worked on by a member of the development team who came back to the 300ER from a different project after having already wrapped up his work on the project.

I hate throwing facts down in front of a good emotional argument- but...  There you go.  <_<

Smackdown.

Kin-

Quite to the contrary.  I know your comment wasn't actually designed to do anything but "Create Drama" but I'll answer it anyway since some other Drama Llama is liable to pick up the idiocy and run with it...    You are wrong.  In fact- you are extremely wrong.  The taxi cameras were worked on by a member of the development team who came back to the 300ER from a different project after having already wrapped up his work on the project.

I hate throwing facts down in front of a good emotional argument- but...  There you go.  <_<

Many times I have been tempted to accuse my clients of wanting to"Create Drama" and of idiotic behaviour but I have always resisted. Why? Well because without them I wouldn't be able to practise the profession that I love and respect. In fact I sat for many years on my profession's disciplinary committee and if a member in front of us spoke to his client or members of the public in that manner I can assure you that we would take a very dim view.

Of course there is nothing wrong with politely answering criticism with facts.

Sure you can make your own taxi camera, but you can not make your own 777 taxi camera exactly how it's displayed in the cockpit.  I'm looking forward to it.

Sure you can make your own taxi camera, but you can not make your own 777 taxi camera exactly how it's displayed in the cockpit.  I'm looking forward to it.

RSR wrote it will not be displayed so correctly in the cockpit.

For record, I have nothing against 2d pop-up taxi cameras display.

I'll be a happy man with the SP1. Taxi camera or not.

Alexis Mefano

Really excited, I was hoping taxi cameras would be included.

If only we could do something about an EFB.  :ph34r: 

Not that I cared so much about the taxi camera but why isn't it displayed on the cockpit display? is this hard to do?

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

Jeremy-

Really excited, I was hoping taxi cameras would be included.

If only we could do something about an EFB.  :ph34r: 

Once you all are willing to pay $1,800/month in licensing fees for the data on the EFB- we will be happy to oblige.  Until then- nah... We aren't gonna cover that cost.  B)

(This has been covered in detail- but you'll have to search a bit for it...It was a few months ago.)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Jeremy-

Once you all are willing to pay $1,800/month in licensing fees for the data on the EFB- we will be happy to oblige.  Until then- nah... We aren't gonna cover that cost.  B)

(This has been covered in detail- but you'll have to search a bit for it...It was a few months ago.)

Personally, I really don't see the need for charts on an EFB inside the virtual cockpit - you can just use your tablet/smartphone or a laptop to read pdf's of the charts you need for your flight. 

But I do understand some people who want to have a true to life EFB in their virtual 777. 

Bogdan,

That is an Li-2 in your avatar photo there?

Where'd you take that photo?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for the update.  Is there any further news on the DC-6?

Thanks

Ian R Tyldesley

Ok, and what about performance calculator only?

If I'm honest, what's the point in PMDG putting effort into something that's already being done. Not by one, but currently two developers...

Ok, and what about performance calculator only?

Isn't flightsimsoft updating their Performance calculating Tool "TOPCAT"? I'm sure they'll soon cover the -200LR/F and the -300ER from PMDG.  B)

And then, real flying is scheduled to "Middle-earth" and other beautiful places in the world of FSX. (And later maybe P3Dv2)