Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Already airborne, it would make no sense to look for a stored flightpkan from one airport to another. The easiest thing to do is to type in the identifier of the airport you want and fly directly there. One waypoint. If you're on fire or having an emergency, forget about flying the airways.

The 300 million dollar question, why would it go to the Bay of Bengal ?

I know, I know old buddy. As you say, it just gets more and more bizarre. My first thoughts when I saw that picture was that it was unlikely because it is in daylight. Flying westward would keep the night with them for that sort of distance (I think). Again (and this is where I cannot accept system malfunction or slow burning fire theories), if it was a system malfunction (loss of electronics etc, but still flyable) you would want to be in daylight as quickly as possible and therefore head in an easterly heading, which it appears, it did not.

Most people are like me and agree with the fact that whatever happened, had to be deliberate.

On the moon!??  Naw... that's a different kind of aircraft.  I wonder how it got there.

:D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Most people are like me and agree with the fact that whatever happened, had to be deliberate.

Exactly Dave. And in the dark

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

When people mention submarines, etc., being able to locate the wreck from the pings, I think how it took two years to locate the Air France wreck, and they had a very good idea where it went down.

The listening abilities of modern navies is remarkable, but the deep ocean is a "noisy" place, and for now, the search area is vast (as far as we know). On this subject I profess ignorance - I know sound can travel great distances in the ocean, but I don't believe the pings would be so powerful that it wouldn't be lost in the cacophony of the deep sea unless we're relatively close to the crash site.

I feel like we will locate the wreck (if that's what happened), because it seems we always do, eventually, but when you reflect upon it, it almost seems ironic to place that much faith in technology when the fact the airliner "disappeared" demonstrates its fallibility.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

That would mean either the facts are wrong or the theories are wrong. The only thing I can think of that seems to match now, is a mentally disturbed passenger gaining access to the flightdeck, eliminating the pilots after the cockpit door was closed and then taking the plane for a several hour joyride until crashing into the ocean. I hate to say this, but the authorities need to check the manifests against records of people who've downloaded products like the PMDG 777 and other flightsim addons.

Sad to say this, but the idea an unstable individual with experience with any properly simulated 777 addon could easily control the aircraft, assuming they manage to make it into the cockpit, is very feasible.   Not to be a "turncoat", but if I was an investigator or asked to provide input, the idea of looking for passengers on the flight with ample flight simulator experience is very tempting.  How they managed to shut off the ACARS I can't figure out, unless said person was possibly a mechanic.  Food for thought.  

You don't need to be a mechanic to know which breakers to pull. You just need to have found the airplane manuals on ebay.

Already airborne, it would make no sense to look for a stored flightpkan from one airport to another. The easiest thing to do is to type in the identifier of the airport you want and fly directly there. One waypoint. If you're on fire or having an emergency, forget about flying the airways.

Two things. First, in FSX I fly primarily GA and my almost exclusive use is of RXP GNS 430 & 530.  The last PMDG flights I made with an FMC were with FS4 in about 2005, so I honestly do not recall much about FMC use.  However I believe that multiple routes can be stored.

Second.  In FSX I have a number of routes stored in RXP that have some identical route segments.  Ex. Easton, Md, to Bloomington, Indiana, Indianapolis, In, and Lafayette, In.  If for some reason I decide to divert say from my enroute plan to Bloomington to Lafayette instead, which I have in fact done. Assuming I am still short of Cinncinnati,  I just load the Lafayette plan and then start into it by going direct to the next nav point in front of me that is common to both routes.  And in fact about a year ago I was accompanying a friend in his C310 from Easton, Md., to Asheville, NC when he got a warning light.  We had just passed Richmond, Va.  He knew there was a Cessna service center at Greensboro, NC, and he routinely flies there on business from Easton.  We did the same thing I described above.  Set AP to heading hold, loaded the Easton to Greensboro flight, activated it, and selected to go direct to South Boston (SBV?) which I believe was the next point in our Easton to Asheville route.  Then AP back to NAV and to Greensboro.

My question above was not whether the crew attempted to load the plan that the plane then flew.  But my question was could that have happened if they were attempting some other frantic change and under duress ended up with a stored plan (unintentional) about the time they became victims of whatever occurred (depressurization, oxygen deprivation, smoke, or whatever).  So again, the prime question to see if that was even a possibility would be to see if that 777 had ever flown that route.  Would be a pretty quick check, and would either eliminate a possibility, or keep it on the board.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Has anyone considered why the pilot in charge (whoever that may have been) ascended to 45,000 ft for a certain amount of time?

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Ah, I didn't see there was another MH370 thread. So I just post it again in this thread:

With reference to latest news, the airplane allegedly was seen by several inhabitants of the Maldives, flying "unusually" low. It was seen on March 8 at around 06:15 a.m. local time. I checked the time of sunrise for the Maldives on that day, which was 06:14 a.m.. So this report might be true, especially when we consider that the airplane was still flying by that time with reference to news.

Meanwhile the theory by Keith Ledgerwood http://mh370shadow.c...sing-sia68-sq68 has been contradicted http://www.businessi...eard-yet-2014-3

I personally have a very, very bad feeling. If I consider all informations we got so far, I think it was a pilot suicide: he likely killed the first officer first, made sure that the airplane will be very hard to track, killed all passengers and the cabin crew by hypoxia (explains the climb to FL 450) and then flew above the indian ocean until the airplane ran out of fuel.

I can't imagine it was a hijacking due to a certain cargo. Because the airplane needs to land at a suitable airport and that unnoticed. You need a certain infrastructure for that, and some people behind it. So the only thing that comes to my mind is suicide. Everything else just makes no sense to me.

Sad to say this, but the idea an unstable individual with experience with any properly simulated 777 addon could easily control the aircraft, assuming they manage to make it into the cockpit, is very feasible.   Not to be a "turncoat", but if I was an investigator or asked to provide input, the idea of looking for passengers on the flight with ample flight simulator experience is very tempting.  How they managed to shut off the ACARS I can't figure out, unless said person was possibly a mechanic.  Food for thought.  

How to shut off the ACARS: enter the ACARS Manager on the MFD and uncheck VHF enable, HF enable, and SATCOM enable. Quote from the T7 FCOM Vol. 2: "if all boxes are deselected, ACARS loses the capability to send downlink messages"

It took me just about 30 seconds to get that information, while I'm neither a mechanic nor a real pilot. I'm just a flight simulation enthusiast.

Has anyone considered why the pilot in charge (whoever that may have been) ascended to 45,000 ft for a certain amount of time?

The only explanation I personally have is to kill all people in the passenger cabin by hypoxia. However, that requires to manipulate the passenger oxygen system before, so that the masks don't deploy once you open the outflow valves and the cabin altitude exceeds 14k feet. But I'm sure it can be done. Also remember this was a night flight. Many people were sleeping. And even when you are awake you just notice a negative pressure in your ear but I doubt you would be able to realize that you will pass out very soon.

I hate that thoughts. But it's the only thing which comes into my mind when I ask myself why the airplane ascended to 45k feet. No matter who it was and why he did it, but he was very aware of what he was doing all along.

If they did perish through foul play one would hope that it was through depressurization. I have experienced it in a chamber at Williamstown RAAF base in Australia and after simulation to 35000ft we were asked to remove our oxygen masks and complete some problem solving and after a while I couldn't even answer where my mother was born.

It would be the most humane way to go, they wouldn't have felt a thing 

ZORAN