Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Why would you fly for 7 hours to commit suicide?  Why not do it 30 minutes after takeoff over the China Sea?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Interesting yes! But both theories leave out a lot of facts!

So the first theory does not explain why there are no debris. In the - very busy - street of Malacca they would certainly find some pieces soon. And also why was the plane sending those pings?

For the second theory: Why are those people come to the news only ten days after the event? And why didn't they immediately inform the press/youtube/facebook, etc?

So: Sorry, I don't buy any of those theories!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Why would you fly for 7 hours to commit suicide?  Why not do it 30 minutes after takeoff over the China Sea?

Best regards,

Maybe if you feel ashamed by your action / want some insurance money to your family you would do that to hide evidence.

If the hijacker had cut both CVR & FDR and then flown the aircraft somewhere far away in Indian Ocean there's a chance it might stay hidden forever, even if it's found it's quite possible nobody can really prove who exactly hijacked the plane. 

I tend to agree with Jim. I am not convinced by this "insurance" reason for wanting to fly the plane to as remote a location as possible before crashing. I tend to think that if you are in a state of mind where the lives of 238 innocent people are irrelevant to you, then you very probably don't care about anything or anyone at that point.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm sorry guys, but your over thinking this "Alright, Good night" jargon to much.  Take it from someone who has been flying professionally for 8 years.  It happens...truth be told they guy could have been halfway thru eating a burger or something and was just making a quick reply.  Or it was 1 or 2 am?  The radios are quite, everything is more lax...etiquette would be more lax also.  I've been guilty of signing off along these lines.  Every pilot is.

Brian

Brian, I have heard similar here in the Chicagoland area. In every case that I've monitored though, ATC has come back and asked who that last (unidentified) transmission came from. Of course, here traffic is so dense at all hours, that lack of identification can cause a huge problem!

Nonetheless, why hasn't the taped audio of this final exchange been made public?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Would it be possible for EVERYONE to stop speculating on what has happened to that aircraft? No one knows what happened or where the aircraft or it's passengers are - it's all just theories. Unless either the aircraft or parts of it, or the black box recorders themselves, are found, it is highly likely we will never know the fate of the people on board that aircraft.

On the contrary, I think EVERYTHING possible should be done to try and find that aircraft. If this includes proposals from flight simulation enthusiasts as to potential scenarios, they should all be considered and looked into. Simply sitting back and saying we will wait till it is found and let the blackboxes speak for themselves is defeatest; in fact that attitude may lead to it never being found.

Your suggestion is tantamount to saying we may as well stop all theorising on the origins of life and the universe or of the SAR virus, because we don't know the answer right now, and so let us just wait till the answer presents itself. Thank goodness good scientists do not think that way.

It is all ideas, minds and suggestions on deck as far as I am concerned. Someone may just hit on something, and although speculative, it may just provide an answer / investigative direction that leads to a breakthrough. You think that the investigators directly involved in this mess are not speculating and theorising, and tossing ideas around as much as they can!?

There is nothing wrong with ideas being expressed, backed up with some sensible reasoning. I know that in the education system of many countries today, one is programmed that to question and offer suggestions and alternatives to mainstream thought is a definite no-no. I do not subscribe to such prescriptve thinking. This simply dulls ones senses into taking a back seat (by design) and lets media and political morons take control of the show, backed up by a populace that says "shhhh, do not proffer any ideas / alternative viewpoints', and thought police that suggest EVERYONE should please stop expressing their ideas / opinions.

Rob

Robin Harris

Maybe if you feel ashamed by your action / want some insurance money

If he's going to do an elaborate scheme like that, why not be yelling "I can't control the aircraft!  It's going down.  Try lowering the gear!  Oh my God!" (or words to that effect).  This would be recorded in the flight recorder for investigators to review.  The flight data recorder would of course show nothing was wrong with the aircraft but it can't be discounted.  Killing so many people and destroying one's passion for flight just does not compute.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This now from the Telegraph

"Thailand has claimed that it detected an unidentified plane minutes after the last contact from MH370 but - bizarrely - didn't share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn't specifically asked for it."

Wow, wonder if the plane flew from Vampi to Gival, direcly towards Phuket (possibly in a last desperate attempt to set up to land there, as this direction (027) takes one towards the approach for runway 27), if they don't actually have a lot more data to share! Perhaps they should specifically be asked to provide it, since it seems they only seem to give out data on request!

Rob

Robin Harris

Speculating is fine if you know a little bit. Wild guesses when your clueless is what annoys us professionals

14ppkc-6.png

This is a tad interesting:

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/cops-find-five-indian-ocean-practice-runways-in-mh370-pilots-simulator-bh-r

3rd party addon scenery I would assume?

If the guy had the PMDG 777, you wonder if the Malaysian cops would have the experience to check for any saved FMC routes...

Regardless, for all we know the the Captain and the FO are the big heroes in all of this.

Until the facts are out, no one knows anything for certain.

We shouldn't rush to judgement.

What exactly does it mean by "loaded in" to the simulator? FSX has over 24000 airports worldwide, and ALL of them are available if you simply point your plane in their direction.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah has a flight sim setup in his house. So what?? Did George W Bush had Battlefield 3 at his office?

this hype thrown by media (and those who actually like it) is just silly.

MAS: Everyone has rights to have a hobby. It is not uncommon that our pilots have similar hobbies.

Gorky Max

Considering some of the terrible rt you hear in the states and the asr that where filed at my days at Virgin Atlantic there's nothing wrong with "thanks goodnight" once again a prime example of unqualified, uninformed spotters, who are on the outside looking in and not the inside looking out.

I've sat in for landings to kmia where the tower controller is having a nice old chat with a another aircraft about " how's your day Bob" when we where on the glide at 4nm out in a jumbo...and I've sat into landings into JFK where the runways been changed 4 times and the skipper has had to call a pan and tell them to stop messing around

This guy Chris Goodfellow has written a good piece saying it was likely a fire on board and the pilots pulled the busses which disabled the transponders and were trying to make it to Pulau Langkawi. This theory paints the flight crew as heroes, which is something many seem to be overlooking. Have a quick read:

https://plus.google.com/106271056358366282907/posts/GoeVjHJaGBz

I read that today.... I'm 50 50 on it... it's a long way to divert, but saying that it's a perfect place to land a burning aircraft

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Have read posts suggesting possible fire or other mechanical failure being the cause

One thing that steers me away from that theory is the Acars system.

As we know with AF447 (Airbus that crashed in the Atlantic frozen static ports) the Acars system sent 24 lines 

As far as been reported the Malaysian Acars sent transmission at 1:07 locally and only sends information every half an hour

If there are master cautions so forth starts transmitting information immediately

So one could theorize if it was a slow progressing emergency there would of been Acars transmissions

The only way it could of been a mechanical cause, is if there was an explosion which knocked out the Acars system instantly.

Furthermore, if it was an instant failure which disabled power to the Acars how was it able to continue to fly for 6 more hours...and possibly following an FMC programmed route

A lot of this depends on which Acars system the Malaysians had since airlines purchase different levels of sophistication.

Not saying this is concrete but what I've heard from the so-called experts in the media

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah has a flight sim setup in his house. So what?? Did George W Bush had Battlefield 3 at his office?

Exactly, They'll be reporting next that he kept his toilet roll on the side of the bath and not on the toilet roll holder next to the toilet.

Somebody somewhere will interpret that to be an intention to commit a terrorist act.

Sad world with sad people sticking their noses and silly stories that normal, rational people don't want to hear about