Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Well you know after spending millions for 2 years searching on one area and finding nothing they had to find a scapegoat. I never thought the plane went down in that area, rather more in the Western Indian Ocean towards Yemen. That theory to me was strengthened by the visible  sighting from multiple sources of a low flying plane resembling a 777 flying over the coast of the Maldive's, that was completely dismissed.  That thought was solidified in my view when the only debris found was also in the Western part of the Ocean. This was a post of my theory back in June 2014.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/443125-mh370-satellite-data-released/page-5#entry3002190

The idea of a professional Commercial pilot having to practice a suicide mission if that was his intent, is ludicrous on it's face. He would just do it. It's not that complicated to fly the plane into the Ocean that it would need to be practiced.

• Upvote 2

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

There have been more than one case in the last years confirming this apparently very unplausible practice from crew. It wouldn't surprise me, and we see it happening not only in Aviation.

But there were also some "conspiracy" theories around this case I've never read about after the initial attention that the media gave to the event...  What happened to investigation on those theories is something I really lost track of...  At least one might be compatible with that other possible track mentioned by Tom...

Will we ever know what really happened ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There have been more than one case in the last years confirming this apparently very unplausible practice from crew. It wouldn't surprise me, and we see it happening not only in Aviation.

Pilot suicide doesn't surprise me either, as what you say, there has been other incidents in the past. What I don't buy is that a professional airline pilot would have to practice it in FSX before doing it.Especially just to crash in the Ocean. Another possibility what they may have found, is this was just a normal simulated flight to maybe Perth. We all know FSX coordinate system is not the same as what's generally used in the real world, and if you try to plot it that way your going to be way off. Maybe he was just doing a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Perth Australia. My guess since he would have been using the PMDG T7 for this, they must have been involved in the investigation of this and may know more about this, if it actually happened as reported.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Will we ever know what really happened ?

Only when Bob Ballard and his organisation find the wreck many years later...whilst looking for something unrelated.

They found the Titanic, remember.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The first piece of mh370 recovered put pilot suicide low on the possibilities for me. If you look at that piece of barnacle encrusted flap, you will see that its trailing edge is tattered. The most likely way it achieved that kind of tatterness there is that it was fully extended when mh370 made first contact with the water. The only reason it would be extended when it made contact with the water would be that whoever was flying the plane was trying to safely ditch the aircraft. If someone was trying to commit suicide with the aircraft, they would not try to make a survivable ditching out of it. They would dive it in at high speed, like how egyptair, silkair, lam, and germanwings did. Why try to safely land if you were trying to save kill yourself? I don't know what happened, but I don't think the person at the controls during the final moments was trying to commit suicide.

Seems likea very inconvenient way to kill your self." Let's fly for hours until the fuel runs out."

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

The first piece of mh370 recovered put pilot suicide low on the possibilities for me.

I agree, my theory was that it was a terrorist act. I think the original goal was to capture the plane for a future 9/11 style attack. The reason I think this is this crew is known to at least on one occasion  let people into the cockpit in flight, that may have happened again. There was a point early on where radar showed the plane making erratic altitude changes, this could have been the point of a struggle to take control of the aircraft. I think then the hijackers would have cut passenger oxygen supply preventing any further resistance, I believe they then  flew the plane west probably towards Yemen, which would be right in line with the dismissed sightings over the Maldives, my guess would be to Socotra Airport, which looking on Google Earth appears to be a deserted field with a runway large enough to land a 777 and there doesn't appear to be anything around it for miles. Looks like an easy place they can fly the plane into without  being seen, at least as a stopping off point to refuel. I think they just ran out of fuel before they got there, and cashed into the Western Indian Ocean, with some debris  eventually coming ashore on the Eastern Coast of Africa. This area is also in range of of the satellite that picked up the pings, and the time it would take to fly to that area, matches the pings almost exactly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

My thoughts on this is that,they had an on board fire,with nav systems down they tried to fly the plane by dead reckoning,they misjudged their location and kept flying in one direction trying to find land. Kinda like flight 19. Their was a satilite company that said they picked up flight 19's wreckage in the Indian Ocean far north of where they are searching. It's very common for the NTSB to blame dead men then it is to point the finger at the airline or the plane. Look at the Alaskan MD-80 that went down they said the crew was partially at fault for turning on the boost pumps

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

It's very common for the NTSB to blame dead men then it is to point the finger at the airline or the plane.

No, they put the blame where it belongs.

Look at the Alaskan MD-80 that went down they said the crew was partially at fault for turning on the boost pumps

Wrong, poor example. They never said anything about the "boost pumps" in the final report.

NTSB lists a number of factors, the only criticism leveled at the crew is listed with number 17 - use of autopilot.

The only 'probable' cause they mention has nothing to do with crew performance.

By the way, I fail to see what NTSB has to do with MH370, they are nowhere on the horizon, ATSB is.

Wrong, poor example. They never said anything about the "boost pumps" in the final report.

NTSB lists a number of factors, the only criticism leveled at the crew is listed with number 17 - use of autopilot.

By the way, I fail to see what NTSB has to do with MH370, they are nowhere on the horizon, ATSB is.

I agree 100%.IRC that MD80 went down because of a faulty stabilizer cable that snapped causing the plane to invert (where the crappy Flight movie got its crash seen from.)

I also have to point out that a fire could take down one system but their is always two more systems in the backup which they could have switched sources to. A fire that would take out all three systems seems more like instant explosion rather than a slow fire. Which also adds if they had a fire they would have communicated as such and squawked. None of which happened as the transponder just went off.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I was just watching a video on the crash lastnight but that's beside the point,the NTSB and other like organizations would rather place thr blame on the pilots then on the plane as saying it's the planes fault will have major financial implications for both the manufacturer and airlines. Like I said it's easy to blame a dead guy because he can't speak to defend his actions or give his account of what happened. As for the fire,if the fire was localed in the main electronics bay I would suspect it could shut down every system(I dont know how the electronics are setup on a 777 if they are locslised or spread out or all work through a central hub)

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

NTSB and other like organizations would rather place thr blame on the pilots then on the plane as saying it's the planes fault will have major financial implications for both the manufacturer and airlines.

You have provided zero evidence of that, just your own 'expert' opinion.

You have provided zero evidence of that, just your own 'expert' opinion.

It's the opinion of most of my pilot friends and my uncle an ex FAA investigator says the same thing. He tried to get ValueJet looked into before the crash but was told by his boss to take a drive and forget about it

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sure.

We have to line up your pilot 'friends' against my pilot friends and your FAA investigators against mine and take a roll call .   :Tounge:

But again - no single viable example was presented.